The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

98 eclipse gsx "project rebirth"

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZombieSix

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 29, 2012
Guam, Asia
Ive had my eclipse for about a year and a half. I have grown and learned alot since getting it. Friday night i took it up to the track for the first time, ran 2 successful passes and on the way home she began knocking.

I have been kicking myself for the last 6 months or so for never making a build log so here it goes, My current mods are up to date in my profile. Im going to be building the car to make 450 AWHP on pump gas and upwards of 600 with the correct turbo/fuel (E85) setup in the future. I am in the midst of pulling the engine and breaking it down. I will be keeping an updated log on my progress from teardown to buildup.

gjabmN9.jpg

AND IT BEGINS
oIJ2oGY.png

XcyEyCX.png

Started Pulling parts,
Radiator, Power steering, Alternator, Turbo Setup, Downpipe all out.

Getting together shopping list. More to come.

Looks very nice and cant wait to see the progress on this build. What did you run on the track if you dont mind me asking?

Pulling the motor is very easy and if you have an extra set of hands itll make it go by way faster but good luck on the build and dont forget to post a lot of pictures!

Ran a very dissapointing 13.7, bogged the launch and missed second....It was my first time ever at the track, and go figure my motor didnt like it very much. I have a few local dsm buddies who are far better mechanics then myself so I should have all the help I need.

Shopping list is coming together, im going to be running a complete 2.0 Manley Rotating Assembly with at least 9:1 compression possibly 9.5:1, still figuring out wether or not to run long rod or standard. Head is going to be running a variation of 272's aftermarket springs. Going to get a complete 5 angle valve job, debating on the oversized valves, prlly going to stick with stock for now. New complete timing belt and waterpump. Trying to find a SMIM for cheap as well as a 1g TB. Will keep you guys updated.

MTN Dew can was my temporary coolant overflow bottle. Spark plugs are some extra thick thundervolt wires, they are usually more organized this pic was snapped right after i did a compression test.

13.7 isnt bad at all funny thing is until they temporarily shutdown all the tracks in arizona Id see new mustangs doing that so not bad.

Higher compression is what I decided to go with (Manley,Wiseco 9:0.1) and Its a good combo in my opinion and from what people say higher is better.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back