The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Ostar Motorsports New Fastest and Quickest Stock Block 4G63

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

your telling me this is stock crackshaft etc..? or just the bottom end block only.. impressive either way

Yes this is stock everything! Hense "stock block" stock everything LOL, can't wait to see what ostar's car will do at the shootout this year! Only 4 weeks away!!!

I'm not sure if I'm impressed more with the stock block handling this, or in the tuner who has made it possible! Whatever you want to call it record or not with whatever asterisk it's impressive. As for the weight take a look at it at the shootout and it should be somewhat obvious where it comes in. A 2900lb. car with driver is fairly lightened but not completely gutted.

the big question no one is asking, were will this go when the motor lets go?

They were already smart and swapped the engine out for a built one. The ones that arn't so lucky tend to blow the motor causing other issues on the track! IE: 4g63 bmw sliding into the wall...

Who cares where it goes when the motor gives up? This isn't an endurance race! Motors let go all the time when shooting for records. The driver should plan on this and have the proper safety equipment. If you have a proper "engine diaper" your chances of sliding into a wall as the BMW did would be greatly reduced. :thumb:

Who cares where it goes when the motor gives up? This isn't an endurance race! Motors let go all the time when shooting for records. The driver should plan on this and have the proper safety equipment. If you have a proper "engine diaper" your chances of sliding into a wall as the BMW did would be greatly reduced. :thumb:

So fluid on the track is the only reason you would crash when the engine lets go? I would have to strongly disagree with that.

So fluid on the track is the only reason you would crash when the engine lets go? I would have to strongly disagree with that.

Don't recall that statement ever coming out of my mouth? I'd disagree with it too. :thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back