The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

New Personal Best From the HX-35, 11.18!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

90_GSX_DSM

10+ Year Contributor
Nov 17, 2008
Fleetwood, Pennsylvania
Went to the track for the last test and tune of the season. Nothing on the car has changed since my last best back in August of 11.67 @ 120.

First pass out was right on par with my old best, 11.69 @???. Next pass I figured I would try out the no lift to shift. That alone got me an 11.54 @ 125 blowing the street tires off all of first gear. It didn't get out of the 40's and was windy all day.

My times kept getting better though. I then had the bright idea to actually try to go through the water box and do a nice little awd burnout. This helped out quite a bit along with NLTS and my next pass got me another best of 11.46 @ 125.

Next pass a little better, 11.29 @ 126. Following pass, another best of 11.18 @ 126. Then my 6th and final pass of the year was the final BEST of 11.16 @ 126 still spinning pretty bad.

This was all still on 25 psi out of an 8 blade HX35 and Hess 93 pump gas.

Here are some of the videos from the day. Sorry for the quality and shaky-ness is was pretty chilly LOL.

First pass not using NLTS.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vTQrz98gbI&list=UUr0ZeEQIPvVKZD8k1Jw8gzQ&index=5&feature=plcp

4th pass using NLTS and a little burnout.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcxsPiYqMYM&list=UUr0ZeEQIPvVKZD8k1Jw8gzQ&index=3&feature=plcp

5th pass doing everything the same as the 4th except a little better LOL.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TH-20Uo-abs&list=UUr0ZeEQIPvVKZD8k1Jw8gzQ&index=2&feature=plcp

6th and final pass against a full on trailer queen TransAm. I think I saw his car on Craigslist after this hahaha
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLMTqX1PDWE&list=UUr0ZeEQIPvVKZD8k1Jw8gzQ&index=1&feature=plcp

That's all from me for the season, lots of changes and hopefully 10's next season

Texting?

Ya I'm at the track against this TransAm...
...!Oh sh!t light turned green!

Haha :) Nice runs though, I love NLTS

Very nice!! Was this in the bolt on housing or T3? What's your mod list?

Thanks for the kind words guys! I'll just post the important stuff for the mods list. 8 blade hx-35 w/ t3 BEP housing, shitty Megan Manifold, Tial 44mm, custom3" downpipe, Thermal 3" the rest of the way back, Built block, kelford 272 cams, bc springs and retainers, JMF race intake manifold, N/T tb bored out, 1000cc pte injectors, wally 255 rewired, shep stage 4 trans, act 2900 clutch, 4 bolt rear, speed density, ecmlink full v3. I think that's most of it.

Did you grab any logs of the passes?

No unfortunately I didn't. I just got a new laptop and thought I downloaded the right driver software and found out when I got to the track that I didn't and couldn't connect.

Impressive for pump gas! Great job

Thanks!

nice i have yet to take my 2g to the track yet.

Thanks! What're you waiting for?

What were your 60's and 1/8mi? Whats it weigh? 3030 still?

My 60's were in the mid 1.7's. I had one 1.8 and my last pass was a 1.67. 1/8 mile times were right around 7.2x. I should have weighed the car yesterday but I forgot. It's gotta be right around there, probably a little heavier since I've added a lot since then.

Nice times for pump gas for sure.

Thanks man!

Awesome runs! Definitely got 10s in it with some good rubber.

Thanks! I hear you on that. Definitely in the works for next season.

holy smokes your car is fast. You wanna trade?

Not even a little bit LOL.

Awesome Jeff!

That thing is really cooking. I wanted to take my new 300c back there on Saturday and make some passes but I was too busy with other things. I'll definitely head back in the springtime. Glad to see you're knocking on the door of 10's and you got your issues sorted out.

Hit me up in the springtime and we'll go for a drive. A friend of mine is trying to get a track day together at MG sometime this spring as well.

:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Very nice!
Is it fair to say that the 8-blade is a better pump gas turbo (94 octane and under) and 7-blade better E85 turbo?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back