The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

New personal best

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike 99GSX

20+ Year Contributor
Mar 31, 2003
Columbus, OhioUS
Well I'm pretty happy today. I made some significant tuning progress with my 660s/VPC/GCC last night at the track. OK the bad news is that I need to stop being a wimp and learn to launch my car harder with the new turbo. Both my runs had 2.1 60' times. I never had trouble getting 1.7s with the 16g but I'm slipping the clutch too much and letting the RPMs drop and then the lag comes. I just need some more practice. Now to the good. I ran a 12.80 @ 113MPH with a 2.1 60'. This was at 19-20 PSI on pump gas. It seems like that trap should net about a 12.20 with a real launch. I can't wait to go back and get in that range. I've had a lot of tuning problems making the 660s work with the VPC and 2g ECU but I'm definately on the right track now. Once I get into the low 12 range, I'll move to the C16 and shoot for 11s.

Looks like you have some good potential there. :thumb:

Just curious, what were you running with the Big16g?

Mike

can you just briefly describe how you used to launch with the 16G? I have a 16g right now and I'm getting around 2.0 60' so I'm doing something wrong ... what rpm did you launch at and how fast did you let out the clutch? Thanks.

The best I ran with the 16g was a 12.98 at 107 with a 1.7 60'. That was at 18 PSI on pump gas. I'm not really good at describing how I launched. I'd probably call it a hard slip. Somewhere inbetween a dump and a slip? I basically hold the idle at 5500 and slip the clutch in while I'm giving it gas and let it catch about 4000RPM.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back