The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

New DSM 35R(no nitrous) Record!!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Shep trans is amazing, great customer support as well. He actually just built me a modified viscous for the center diff. I dont think they are for sale yet but its somewhere in between a welded diff and the stock viscous. Hopefully that will help me better my 60fts.

I too run a shep stage 4, thing shifts amazing with the twin disc, since ive installed it ive never missed a shift at the track yet, as hard as that is to believe with a dsm.

However my setup isn't as badass as the one in this thread, just some positive feedback on the shaptransmissions.

well thats really good. but Curt B already went faster et and mph this year on his 35r so this is not the record. his new car is gona crack an high 8 and no there is not any nitrious any where near his car.. i think you will see the high 8 with in the next month... or so check out his car at 781awhp pull
Curt brown evoYouTube - Curt Brown's 781whp Talon

does kurt do this with a 2.0 or stroker?

its just a plan jane built 2.0 and that 781awhp was with a slipping act ... the car makes over 800 with a better clutch all day...he ran it memorial weekends at norwalk and in his first pass when he shifted fourth gear it shreded all the teeth off 4th and broke 5 of the 6 springs on the clutch disc...this car is the fastest and im sure he will lay a time down that is unbeatable... and the reason it broke was sheer trQ and power...

You sound like a big Curt Brown fan, I think we all are. That 1g is wicked!! From what I can find Doug Elfman held the record at 9.61 @ 150.

You said Curt Brown went Quicker and Faster, what was his time and mph? I cannt find anything on his 1g. The fastest time I find for CB's 1g is 9.77 @ 156mph.

Devin @ Strictly Modified

You sound like a big Curt Brown fan, I think we all are. That 1g is wicked!! From what I can find Doug Elfman held the record at 9.61 @ 150.

You said Curt Brown went Quicker and Faster, what was his time and mph? I cannt find anything on his 1g. The fastest time I find for CB's 1g is 9.77 @ 156mph.

I agree!!! Everyone is a Sheperd & curt brown fan.... Well Atleast i am..:thumb:
Devin, YOur starting to get a lil fan base here in Chitown :sneaky:

The run at norwalk when he broke was in line for a high 8 or 9 flat a lot of his runs are good because of his 60ft and 8th s this 2g is only 1.6 60ft curts 60s are 1.4 that's huge in the quarter and no I'm not some CB fan I'm a friend of his and my brother owned his 1g and my brother owns the 16g world record with that car Pat Donaldson dsmtimes.org under 16g awd 10.3 at 134mph

I'm not some curt fan my brother owned curt b 1g and has the 16g awd world record Pat Donaldson
www.dsmtimes.org. With that car and its one of a kind sort of a unicorn ya it a lot different but not much
And with the power its making now and it capability to pull 1.3 60ft s it wll / can run a high 8 if it doesn't brake!
And the only reason it broke a few weeks ago is to much power for 4th gear on Curts pass memorial weekend it was in line
To hit a 8 based of the 60ft 8th and 1000 ft mark but then fourth gear exploded

We are all Curt Brown's fans but Devin CURRENTLY owns the ET record for the 35R (no nitrous) until Curt goes quicker.

Devin, Doug Elfman never ran a 35R. His car was on a FP 3575. ;)

Congrats on the pass.

I'm sorry, but Curt Brown does NOT have the gt35r record nor a gt35r for that matter. Please read his site: Click. He's running an FP HTA GT3586 which is a hybrid of a gt35r turbine and a quite different FP compressor. He had better have a better number than any gt35r build; he's got a better turbo.

CB can build a 4cylinder turbo monster to take any record. I guess Curt could downgrade to take the record. But unless he does, he'll never have it. And I dont' think he really cares. He just wants to go fast :)

Yeah, not too sure but I think Curt set a record with the 3065 as well.

He ran mid 9's on a 3065 with 660's and an AFC. Insane.

I asked him where I can buy the magic fairy "speed" dust his sprinkles on his cars before each pass.

He's as good as he is because he pays attention to detail. I mean seriously, the 1G he was running all over the place weighed something like 2000 pounds or a shade under. He tapes over the splits in the hood to decrease drag, ect...

Great pass man, hopefully someday I can get to the track and see what she can do.

The run at norwalk when he broke was in line for a high 8 or 9 flat a lot of his runs are good because of his 60ft and 8th s this 2g is only 1.6 60ft curts 60s are 1.4 that's huge in the quarter and no I'm not some CB fan I'm a friend of his and my brother owned his 1g and my brother owns the 16g world record with that car Pat Donaldson dsmtimes.org under 16g awd 10.3 at 134mph

The 1.60 I pulled in the 9.59 pass was weak. If I can get it in the 1.4s my car will go 9.2s-9.3s for sure. My car used to pull 1.4 60ft with a locked center diff but t-cases kept poppin. I went to a 4 spider and it seems to keep the car together. Ive got more boost and more traction on the way. CB car is sick but I would love to give him a run for his money, and for the record I am a Curt Brown fan.

Devin @ Strictluy Modified

Yeah, not too sure but I think Curt set a record with the 3065 as well.

He ran mid 9's on a 3065 with 660's and an AFC. Insane.

I believe the 3065 record is 9.61 held by English Racing, but maybe im wrong.

Who cares about the records. Give Devin props to a mid 9second pass!!!!!

Curt still owns that 3065 record. 9.40's. Amazing it has never been broken considering how long ago he ran it.

Yeah I talked to him in quite detail about it because I'm going for that one. Curt is a really good guy, not knocking anyone or trying to stretch the topic, just making coversation.

I am hoping to just run good, records are just a plus, no real big deal, I agree.

For Devin, that's great to see you running well. Keep it up man, we all need this to keep the sport alive!

I think i was mis understood Devin thats a awsome pass i was only saying curt went faster.. good luck

I would say I was more a Jake Montgomery fan, his car was sick!!! Me being a 2g, I'll be a Devin fan.

Congrats on the time Dawg:thumb:

P.S. I got a S372:sneaky:

I think i was mis understood Devin thats a awsome pass i was only saying curt went faster.. good luck

No misunderstanding here, its all good. I was just still wondering what Curts new times were? I am very interested.

Thanks everyone for your kind words.

Devin

I have to say that is some damn good driving.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Car is going back to the track this Sunday, June 28. Shooting for 9.20s-9.30s, I will let you guys know how it goes.

Devin

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back