The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Whats the 14b/nitrous record?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LASERLX

20+ Year Contributor
Aug 12, 2002
AtlantaGA
hehe just need something to shoot for...i know a few guys have run very low 12s on the 14b but i haven't seen any nitrous/14b times on the fastest dsm times list in the 11s

My car went 112mph on the 14B with just exhaust and a 40 shot and a badly slipping 112K mile stock clutch. Too bad that was a 13.80. ;)

Regards,

Hmmm, 112k mile clutch, 112mph trap speeds....coincidence? I think not!

I believe the quickest 14b time is like 12.03 @ xxx. Let me look around for that post...

Originally posted by GSX_RCR
Hmmm, 112k mile clutch, 112mph trap speeds....coincidence? I think not!

I believe the quickest 14b time is like 12.03 @ xxx. Let me look around for that post...

hehe i know that..phil beers has the record at 12.02 but thats without nitrous.....i was curious if anyone had run 11s with the 14b using nitrous

Originally posted by GRNDSM
As much as 14B will give me :). I had it set around 20psi, but it would drop to 17psi by around 6500-7000. So not much boost. But timing, that is another story :).

How about 27-28 deg of advance on top of 12 deg of baset timing with ZERO knock! Now, that is sweet :).

Leon
RR

man 12 degrees base huh? so you have it advanced 7 degrees over stock? wow..........just curious what fuel you are running? man that sure is an agressive timing curve 28 degrees of advance...40 degrees total timing! damn.....good job man

with the 91 talon TSI i'm going to be running i'm hoping for 12.4s@110-111 with the 14b around 20-21 psi,open exhaust,kn,other bs mods and then start experiementing with the nitrous

>man 12 degrees base huh? so you have it advanced 7 degrees over stock?

Yes, but this is VERY common… Some have event taken it to 18deg or so. Given how I did not see any knock, I might try it as well. Why not?

>wow..........just curious what fuel you are running?

Race gas, I do not mess around with the pump gas… Way too much variation from tankfull to tankfull. But I am using cheapo 110 octane Cam2 from Hafflners gas station ($3.99/gal). I guess since they sell it from a pump along with the rest of their regular gas, I could call it “pump gas” :). I mean, I saw some Supra guys push out 700 on 98-100 octane unleaded “pump gas, so I guess I also have “pump gas” by that definition.

>good job man

Thanks,

>then start experimenting with the nitrous

I can see 14B being capable of ~118mph with a good nitrous shot.

Leon
RR

:mad:

1105p1040891-med.jpg

1105p1040884-med.jpg

You have my wheels, and the same engine. Now people will think I copied you.

He has the studs missing from the left side of his manifold just like my car... i guess it's common.... does it have an exhaust leak?

Has anyone burned their valves with leaks like this?

im not getting any exhaust leaks like this, its holding up pretty well so far. I was in a rush to put my manifold back on after i tapped the egt because it was late. Oh well.

>man 12 degrees base huh? so you have it advanced 7 degrees over stock?

Yes, but this is VERY common… Some have event taken it to 18deg or so. Given how I did not see any knock, I might try it as well. Why not?

>wow..........just curious what fuel you are running?

Race gas, I do not mess around with the pump gas… Way too much variation from tankfull to tankfull. But I am using cheapo 110 octane Cam2 from Hafflners gas station ($3.99/gal). I guess since they sell it from a pump along with the rest of their regular gas, I could call it “pump gas” :). I mean, I saw some Supra guys push out 700 on 98-100 octane unleaded “pump gas, so I guess I also have “pump gas” by that definition.

>good job man

Thanks,

>then start experimenting with the nitrous

I can see 14B being capable of ~118mph with a good nitrous shot.

Leon
RR

cool 110 huh....i was probably going to run something higher than that in the 91 since it won't be driven on the street much.....probably get a 55 gallon drum of VP or Torco....

could you list your mods that you ran 113.8 mph with and your raceweight?

also what kind of datalogger are you running?

OK, quick update. I went on Friday for one last night of 14b experiment. Again, the traction was terrible! Somehow I managed 12.12 @ 113.2 spinning it all through the first and fishtailing into the 2nd.

On my second run I wheel hopped really bad and snapped my rear axle... that put an early end to the night of racing and the end of this 14b session.

I might try to bring it back with the 14b next year, but for now I am done with it. I now have borrowed Frank 5 in my car.

Later,
Leon
RR

Wow, so close!

What suspension are you running? And I assume stock rear axles, correct?

Good luck next season. :thumb:

OK, quick update. I went on Friday for one last night of 14b experiment. Again, the traction was terrible! Somehow I managed 12.12 @ 113.2 spinning it all through the first and fishtailing into the 2nd.

On my second run I wheel hopped really bad and snapped my rear axle... that put an early end to the night of racing and the end of this 14b session.

I might try to bring it back with the 14b next year, but for now I am done with it. I now have borrowed Frank 5 in my car.

Later,
Leon
RR

man that sucks....where did the rear axle break?

I am using Shoktech coilovers (no longer made). It is a big too stiff for drag racing, but this is not just a drag car.

I have stock axles, but I did have a welded VC for 4X4 effect. That is very stressfull for the rear axles and for the t-case. So braking RWD components with a locked center diff is a pretty common thing.

This is my second brocken rear axle. They usually brake at the hub side CV joint. I also broke one T-case.

Leon
RR

There has been a 11 second pass on the 14b. I can't remember his name, but he goes by Wizard on IRC. If memory serves, he ran 11.98 or so.

Richie

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back