The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

Installing a turbo 4g63 into an nt 4g63

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4Bangin said:
Will do, gotta check the timing and then install my TSi fuel pump and start her up. I feel like I have been working on this forever, but over the past 2 weeks Ive probably only put 10-15 hours into it. Pretty simple swap, almost as easy as a Honda swap.

Probably easier since with most of those you have to find parts from 4 or 5 different cars and then buy engine mounts or custom fab your own.

Hey Masivsky,i just found out that my Eurospec4g63 NT Block has the Oilsquirters in it for the Pistons Wootwoot! :cool:

Interesting, they must've just shover higher compression pistons into actual turbo blocks for the euro spec nt 2g's. Good info. :thumb:

mavisky said:
Interesting, they must've just shover higher compression pistons into actual turbo blocks for the euro spec nt 2g's. Good info. :thumb:

and iim ordering the act 2100,im just gonna take a chance,if iut doesnt work,a buddy will buy it off me..so i gotta keep my fingers crossed! Damned Eurospec :p

well let me know how it works out for you, I'm really curious to find out more about this eurospec 2g nt setup.

Why did yo guys swap out the nonturbo harness for the turbo harness? It is perplexing. I ran my n/t harness with a few additional wires (knock sensor and injector resistor pack) and it ran good until the day I blew my tranny sky high. Non-turbo transmissions suck.

TimG said:
Why did yo guys swap out the nonturbo harness for the turbo harness? It is perplexing. I ran my n/t harness with a few additional wires (knock sensor and injector resistor pack) and it ran good until the day I blew my tranny sky high. Non-turbo transmissions suck.

My original harness I made was an absolute hack job since I had to try to figure out what was what and ended up using cheap ass crimp connectors for almost every connection and it would constantly come apart. If I didn't have the other harness laying around I wouldn't have bothered with it at all. But if you can find one it will save people who aren't good with wiring stuff some trouble.

Alright. I think it's much easier, faster and cheaper to get a solder gun and some solder. Crimp connectors will end up coming loose. Go solder gun and solder. If you have a good n/t harness. 20 minutes worth of wiring and you are ready for turbo components. Beats doing the full harness.

But it's the installers choice. Choose what suits you best.

TimG said:
Alright. I think it's much easier, faster and cheaper to get a solder gun and some solder. Crimp connectors will end up coming loose. Go solder gun and solder. If you have a good n/t harness. 20 minutes worth of wiring and you are ready for turbo components. Beats doing the full harness.

But it's the installers choice. Choose what suits you best.

Yea I don't know what in the hell I was thinking. I soldered half of the connections, and crimped the important shit, I was retarded. But hell that was almost 4 years ago now. In the end its ultimately the installers choice, but 90% of the people I talk to about this swap are capable of getting the wiring confused on the battery, much less the intricacies of adding wires and the always impossible injector resistor pack.

will we need to convert our motor mounts at all?its the same engine and im using my nt tranny :dsm:

Did you even read the tech article? Don't you think I would've mentioned something that important if it needed modification?

If you read Mavisky's tech article and read all 8 pages of this thread, I think just about any question you could have has been answered about this project. Ive used the info in this thread to complete probably 90% of my project. Take the time to read it all. use it as a resource thats what its here for. :talon: :thumb:

i was just making sure becouse i was buying some motor mounts from summit and they said it will not work with turbo,but we all know most of those people are only reading what is on the computer screen so sorry but i had tp be sure before i bought something for nothing :thumb: :dsm:

mkspriggs said:
i was just making sure becouse i was buying some motor mounts from summit and they said it will not work with turbo,but we all know most of those people are only reading what is on the computer screen so sorry but i had tp be sure before i bought something for nothing :thumb: :dsm:

Well, Im backing out of my conversion and selling my already purchased parts, so if you need anything let me know. I have many parts from a 90 gst, but I think the wiring and ecu are already sold, however alot of other turbo related parts are still in my garage. Im trading in on a 2g awd hopefully so if ya need anything get back at me. Anyone need a Spec Stage 2 NT clutch setup? Rated at 280 ft lbs of torque BRAND NEW! :thumb:

TalonR said:
Hey I appreciate the help, now just to find an engine, and it will all begin. Does anyone have advice on a clutch that will hold up.
If your still looking for an engine, I have a seriously built one for sale. But If I do not sell it, I will find a GS to throw it in.

i think i finally ran into some luck workinh on this car.i bought a used engine for $600 and i knew i might have to rebuild it myself i asked for pics and this is what he sent me of my new turbo.i may be mistaken but it looks lit a 20g td05h i thought i was gonna get some trashed turbo ,he said he pulled this engine of a car he found in the junk yard and this turbo has no play and spins smoothly,he also said it looks like other stuff has been done to it,so i might find some other things when i get inside :thumb:

Attachments

• 19_12_sb.JPG
    19_12_sb.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 654
mkspriggs said:
i think i finally ran into some luck workinh on this car.i bought a used engine for $600 and i knew i might have to rebuild it myself i asked for pics and this is what he sent me of my new turbo.i may be mistaken but it looks lit a 20g td05h i thought i was gonna get some trashed turbo ,he said he pulled this engine of a car he found in the junk yard and this turbo has no play and spins smoothly,he also said it looks like other stuff has been done to it,so i might find some other things when i get inside :thumb:

Looks like a bent ass 14b to me, thats a hella lot of rust to.

sitting in a junkyard for alittle while it will get some rust,and im gonna replace almost everything anyway,so im not worried about it.it looks exactly like my friends 20g and it even saytd05h on it,so i dont know ill see when it gets here.

Hate to burst your bubble, but that's a 14b.

I have 92 Eclipse GS and I put a 94 GSx engine in my car but for some reason my car keps overheating and smokes really bad when I hit the gas do you have any suggestions on what I do or check.

mine ran fine yesterday..but today it felt slow??? like hitting fuel cut.. or the ecu was pulling timing..i think i may be getting toio little fuel or something..

\im only running 7psi on 310cc and a fuelpressure riser

oh and the dog stole and burried my oil filler cap LOL! (had to take one off another car LOL)

it was in the garage,the dog was there sniffing around..then he ran off..i thought nothing of it.. then the oilcap was gone! OMG i searched everywhere WTF

i maty need 370ccs and a fuelpump(walbro 190?) what yall think?

btw its a 4g63 nt plus a turbo rigged on it..i have a stock intercooler,2g bov .

To anyone Who migth have any knowledge, I know many of you guys are So here is it.
Im starting my conversion, on my 1992 talon 6 bolt and i have3 questions?:
1. Where do you guys get your extra pins for ECU? and Can I use any size pins?

2. Do I really need to wire a BMS, if so does any one have an extra one?
How do I connect it to the CAm Sensor to get power from it?

3. Do I use my original Knock sensor(good condition), and re-wire it?

can we use are non turbo accesorys without any problems?like altenator,power steering and so on

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back