The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

1g non turbo 4g63 exhaust header

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSMexican05

Probationary Member
Jan 13, 2005
Baytown, Texas
Does anyone know where i can get a exhaust header for the 1g 4g63 n/t? I don't have one but i have a 2g n/t spyder and my other forum i'm part of say the exhaust header for the 1g will bolt up perfectly....if anyone could help me out with this thanks alot. leave a post or if you could e-mail me at [email protected]

It won't work, different motors. Trust me. I don't think they are made for yours.

the 4g64 header bolt pattern is the same as the 4g63 it does work others have done it but i cant get a site or company that makes em'

hedman isnt released

punishment imho id stay away from

pacesetter needs cleaning up at entrance to primaries

obx supposedly has one but dont list part number on there site

borla has a sick one, thats a 4-2-1 on machv.com

then there is these. which most people wont buy because of the price tag.

http://www.hopupracing.com/boxrraststhe2.html

i can also link you to the rest of em if needed

much thanks man your right the last ones from hopupracing.com are pretty expensive. i like the borla's thanks again.

I like my PaceSetter 4-2-1 header, but I do have to agree that it needs to be cleaned up. And you do get what you pay for. When I got it, half the paint had come off on the plastic it was wrapped in. I'm guessing they wrapped it in plastic with the paint still wet. So I stripped it and painted it with Duplicolor high temp (1500F+) blue, but I misread the paint can and skipped the "baking" step, so the paint flaked after I ran the motor for a couple days. It looks like crap now.

My opinion: If you want a custom header, go with PaceSetter. Have it port-matched and powdercoated your choice of color. If you want a direct bolt-on, no worries header, buy something else, anything that comes powdercoated or high-temp painted.

na90dsm said:
borla has a sick one, thats a 4-2-1 on machv.com

may not be important but I think the Borla is a 4-1 header which will give you more top end power but less mid-range.

question - does the pacesetter headers come with the downpipe?
and where did you guys buy them, ive been looking at summitracing and nopionline but maybe theres a better price somewhere and theres so many its hard to look and go " ok thats the one ill order it today!".

Nopionline -
pacesetter headers - $158.41
pacesetter exhaust - $174.01
whichcomes to - $332.42-

Summitracing -
pacesetter headers - $168.99
pacesetter exhaust - $209.69
whichcomes to - $378.68-

so far nopionline seems to be cheaper but maybe theres a different place evencheaper!

Thanks

pacesetter header has downpipe with it. just soem dotn have extension peice with em. buy a test pipe if yours doesnt have extension.

MACH V is sold out of the borla header. They need to remove those from their site.

bmw88rider said:
MACH V is sold out of the borla header. They need to remove those from their site.

Then you would want to call Archer since they are the ones who originally designed it.

i have the pacesetter, i agree it was a bi*** cleaning it up to line up right, but it was well worth the money, my paint chipped off to but hey i could care less bout looks. the downpipe ive had to replace the flex-pipe section 4 times do to wheel hop and motor mount movent snapping them. but in my opinion it was worth the money i paid.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back