The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

EgoThief

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The adapter is throwing the turbo so low. Id have to get some one to custom an exhaust w a wastegate flange which means $$$. My brother said he'd give me his skunk2 half size radiator and he'd use mine but I don't think there's any reason to swap at this point. I gotta get me a twin scroll manifold man, damn.

Last edited:
My brother came over and he said for me to just use the 16g and he'll use the 351. I was more concerned about his build being he's my brother obviously & I'd like for him to have a useful power band. He said he wants to see what it can do,(with the 351) plus it would be a bolt on with his log style w wastegate manifold. No adapters needed.

So this weekends goal is to install these agx and springs, put this machine back together w 2g maf, and resolder my connections where I used them clamp type. Thank you all again for the support and suggestions/help 🤘🏼🤘🏼🤘🏼I really appreciate you guys

My brother is swapping the struts/springs over for me. He's about to drop off the front and I'm giving him the rear struts in a couple mins. I found this small fmic for a fair price. The one prior was a bit to long, maybe 32 inches. I feel it was for a 2g but whatever. My brother is gonna make it work on his rex. I threw on this POS jpipe & got my pipes ready for the short route.

IMG_20220204_164803250.jpg
IMG_20220204_164956115.jpg
IMG_20220204_165142057.jpg
Screenshot_20220204-170529.png
Screenshot_20220204-170626.png
IMG_20220204_164819138.jpg

I ordered couplers for this fmic, the 2.5 90s. I must have misread or overlooked, it's actually 3in so I gave those 90s to my brother. I ordered the 3-2.5 90s, installed the fmic, boost leak tested & the best part I love about a blt is that it finds your problems, the worse part is that it finds your problems 🤣🤣

I faught the elbow which has a new gasket, I took it off and ran it across a grind wheel(on its side) to get the surface as flat as I could. The leak was still there. I placed another gasket which was smaller ID (2gaskets) and it worked but I know I can't have it like that so I took off the smaller ID one and applied a small line/bead of grey rtv(with proper gasket). The isc had a small leak too, replaced o ring(even though it's all new) and leak was still there. I read Vegas threw on a bit of rtv so I did the same. I didn't go crazy w it but should be enough to seal. I just finished tighten up everything right now,gonna check on it Monday and let it cure. I ordered a new elbow gasket, should be in Monday. If this doesn't work, I'll put the new gasket on & try again.

(The boost leak test video is when I first found the leaks, not ending results)

IMG_20220219_134542699.jpg
IMG_20220219_140831699.jpg

I did a boost leak test earlier & of course the rtv w gasket wasn't going to hold.(throttle body elbow) I replaced the gasket with a new and it doesn't leak now. The isc isn't leaking as well. So that's great news 👌🏼

Here is a video of a blt I just attempted right now. I feel/hear a slight hiss but can't find atm. My valve cover is vented and air tries to come out dipstick. I have no oil in my car atm either and these are engine cold tests. Not sure if that has any effect on the test.

What do yall think?

Iirc, it's best to move the cam gears like 10 past TDC to close the intake valves, otherwise you will hear air hissing past the valves on its way through the head. Engine temp can definitely make a difference when testing if the engine is tired.

Another thing to note is the egr valve. I had one stuck open forever ago and it would allow the boost to bypass the IM, moving through the egr right into cyl 4 and then out the exhaust. Took me forever to find that one.... like 10 months haha

If/when you have oil back in the engine, do another blt. It could be going past the seal in the turbo and down the drain. This will cause a bubbling noise. I asked the forum and they said it was fine.

If/when you have oil back in the engine, do another blt. It could be going past the seal in the turbo and down the drain. This will cause a bubbling noise. I asked the forum and they said it was fine.
Thank you Tony🤝🏼 I'll give it a shot this afternoon. I appreciate you 🤘🏼

Iirc, it's best to move the cam gears like 10 past TDC to close the intake valves, otherwise you will hear air hissing past the valves on its way through the head. Engine temp can definitely make a difference when testing if the engine is tired.

Another thing to note is the egr valve. I had one stuck open forever ago and it would allow the boost to bypass the IM, moving through the egr right into cyl 4 and then out the exhaust. Took me forever to find that one.... like 10 months haha
I moved them earlier but I'll check again, maybe I'm still slightly leaking.(cam gear)I have my egr deleted. It leaked there many months ago but I have rtv there now and it's sealed. When I was first learning about BLT, I went thru it too. I was like "my damn damn engine won't hold no boost". I was loosing my mind LOL

As much as I want to say fuq it and just let it run, I just can't. I can't pinpoint this leak but I think I may have just now. I looped my fiav lines which never were.(bypass plate already there). The top ports got looped as well.( They bubbled w these old caps)The isc was still leaking ever so slightly so I cleaned off the rtv, and saw that the thermostat housing gasket or maybe it's for something else, fit a bit snug on it.(the isc) I just threw it on and that fixed the isc small small leak. I'll probably need to get another set of throttle body gaskets, cause this car will demand it I bet 😑

I just took off the fiav and cleaned the surfaces again, and put rtv on both sides evenly and enough of it too. Lol I really think this is what isn't allowing me to hold the pressure in. I'm excited/anxious for the results, I think I done lost my mind.

Fiav leak video

(Gotta put black tape to cover that red(ground) & block port E a bit better)
IMG_20220225_171241891.jpg
IMG_20220225_182936114.jpg

IMG_20220225_182958474.jpg

& Clamp these hoses

I
Is your fiav gasket new?
I believe so. When I was rebuilding the throttle body, I picked up all new gaskets. It still sits prideful, not squashed. I need to pull out my stethoscope, I think I have one. Ill probably mess with again on Sunday to give it time to cure.

Yesterday I went to reinstall the TB & there was oil on the floor. Wtf, I hate these cars so much. I have new gaskets everywhere & this bxtch still bleeds. So instead of reinstalling the TB, I had to read how to fix the OEM drain that bolts to the oil pan. I saw a post where someone doubled up on the gasket so I did just that. Thank goodness I had 4 extra available. I just got in the garage and everything is clean, I'm happy LOL

I installed the TB and still had a fast drop. I went over every spot possible but I realized my hoses go inside & there was my boost guage hissing like a snake LOL. I had moved it around and never put a strap on the back. It holds a lot better now but not like a solid hold. It definitely does hold better tho. I saw that the other side of my throttle body is now leaking(gasket). I told y'all this machine would do such a thing. I should know by now that I know this vehicle & am sync w it. It's not bad but bad enough for me to care.

I'm going to order 100 TB gaskets right now and put 50 on each side. I think I should be good from there. Lol nah I'm jk but seriously think after another set of TB gaskets, I should be good for the road. I'm only pushing OEM wastegate pressure, think 10lbs. Testing at 15(my gauge only reads to 15 on tester). To be continued..

I've had them hold better, but that's not super bad. As for the TB gaskets, I just use rtv because the stock paper gaskets suck and nearly always leak.

I have seen heat-barrier TB gaskets before, which is a great idea because they are re-usable and always seal well. Haven't seen em in years though.

If you don’t see anything leaking, that’s good imo. I use a light layer of rtv on the tb gaskets and went I have to take it off, sometimes it comes off in one piece so I reuse it with light rtv again

I've had them hold better, but that's not super bad. As for the TB gaskets, I just use rtv because the stock paper gaskets suck and nearly always leak.

I have seen heat-barrier TB gaskets before, which is a great idea because they are re-usable and always seal well. Haven't seen em in years though.
You know what, I'ma give that a try for that side because I ain't neva done it yet. I could have sworn with my side mount setup, it was holding solid. I have my BLTester hooked up to the TB elbow and the results are the same so I know it's not my piping. Preciate ya 🤘🏼🤘🏼

If you don’t see anything leaking, that’s good imo. I use a light layer of rtv on the tb gaskets and went I have to take it off, sometimes it comes off in one piece so I reuse it with light rtv again
Bet Tony, I'ma do that now, salute bro 🤝🏼🤘🏼🤘🏼

I applied rtv grey on the Throttle body & can not see any leaks. I honestly feel I'm completely sealed. My Boost gauge was leaking from the nipple so I put one of those butterfly clamps & a tie strap which did the job. It holds pretty well/better. But I don't know... I'm done sweating it.

I put everything back together, double checked everything, filled w coolant, & dropped it. The vehicle definitely sits lower which love but gah damn what's up with these AGX being so close to my tires 😭

I've got to drive it to see how much an issue it'll be. I still need an air filter and still looking for an affordable one that's not gonna cost me a bill. I also need to connect my injen pipe to my blow off valve. I read you guys use them flexible radiator hoses, so I'll need to go to O'Reilly's & see what they got.

My last PC crashed and I've had my battery disconnected this whole time so I'm hoping my tune is still there. I need to see if I can get Link to run on my Wackbook. Also hoping everything is transferable like me transferring my current settings within the Ecm to the Mac.😔😔 One thing at a time 🥲
IMG_20220303_161611582.jpg

IMG_20220303_161649663.jpg

IMG_20220303_161658687.jpg

IMG_20220303_161932783.jpg

IMG_20220303_161843213.jpg

IMG_20220303_162019305.jpg

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back