The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

ECMlink DSMLink reporting ECT 300* Is ECU fried?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aleque

Probationary Member
Apr 25, 2016
Des Moines, Iowa
Found out my ECU that has DSMLink installed is fried, it seems like just 1 part of the circuit I believe. The circuit that is damaged is coolant temp, the ECU will read 300 degrees. DSMLink does still work it will connect to it just fine and I’m able to check data list and adjust fuel everything.

I was wonder if someone would be interested in buying it ? I wanted to see if anyone would be interested or I’ll probably take the chip out and sell it independently, I have a non EPROM ECU i will probably just stick with for awhile so I can daily my car, and will most likely try to go ecu masters later down the road.

Last edited by a moderator:
How exactly did you troubleshoot the board and sensor? Did you measure the temp sensor at ambient temp and compare to factory readings? Could be a bad temp sensor. Or did you see the board had burns or leaks?

I have not tested the board but I checked continuity at my coolant temp sensor and found -4v on ground side. Pulled the harness and found the bad ground (pulled connector and broken splices), when I put the harness back together with my chipped ecu fans would turn on at start up and I would have extended crank. After switching ecus (noneprom) I started the car and fans were not on, I didn’t read coolant temp on a scan tool but I assume it’s now within spec.
I’m assuming my chipped ecu is damaged just due to the fact that I’ve had more problems with that ecu than my noneprom.

I would see if ecm link can repair it. We have sent ecu's to them before with suspected issues and they always have treated us great. Yes if coolant temp is reading wrong it will cause car to not start or barely run.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back