The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

ECMlink Help look at my recent DSM Link Log

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SwanneeShane

Probationary Member
May 28, 2020
Lombard, Illinois
So my car has been acting really funky, i noticed a rattling noise coming from my timing belt side of my engine, so i noticed when i rev the car, my timing belt in-between the intake cam to the idler pulley my belt vibrates and looks wavy, so now im doing all the pulleys and new belt and a new hydraulic tensioner, this is my first time doing my timing belt, i recorded a log on the way from my house to where im repairing it (2 miles away) can someone with tuning experience look over my Log? I feel like something else is wrong bc my timing marks look fine and im just at a lost on what to look into after doing the Timing Belt.

Attachments

• log.2020.09.21-02.elg
    748.2 KB · Views: 37
OKay thanks, well i got the car back home now shes JSB untill i finish the timing belt install. I have a new set of FIC 1220 installed so i know the injectors are fine, and you can hear the fuel pump on when you stick your head in the trunk, anything else i should look at before I try and start her up after new timing belt?

Double check all timing marks, I take pictures so I can refer back to them if I need to and if not needed then I delete them. Just me and my old head.
Make sure to set base timing after it fires up and is idling. :thumb:

Got the timing belt installed with new idler pulley, Tensioner pulley and hydraulic tensioner. here is a log after me firing it up, I adjusted my BISS Screw. I'm waiting on my new Hell Cat 525 pump and Fuel lab FPR, should have them this week, any advise on my log would be great, thanks in advance!

Attachments

• log.2020.09.27-01.elg
    495.4 KB · Views: 31
Dead time adds fuel at idle. I see your injector battery adjust table has been modified. Where these numbers from your injectors sheet? That table does same thing as dead time but it changes based on voltage instead of dead time that always adds that value.

I had the car tuned at a local performance shop around may of 2020, I will reach out to my tuner and ask him to help, I just don't want to pay for another tune....

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back