The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Competition Clutch stage 4 issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taz_oconnor2007

Probationary Member
Nov 29, 2008
bainbridge, Ohio
Not sure if it goes here but, have a 95 GSX and was driving down the road normal (NOT HARD) and it shifted into second beautifully and then it acted like it popped out of gear ,so i put it back into second only to find out it didnt pop out, so i rolled to a stop with NO GEARS! Fully capability of all gears transitioned perfectly. So I pulled it home and ran through many evaluations such as, CMC, Slave Cylinder, shifter linkage in and out of car, clutch fork play. NOTHING , dreading it as much as any DSM'R. I dropped the Transmission only to look in at my pressure plate and see my hub that attaches to the clutch laying at 6 o'clock inside the pressure plate! I have/had a Competition Clutch stage 4 NON SPRUNG 0620 and i was wondering if anyone has had this issue? it also scarred my BRAND NEW Fidanza flywheel it can be turned no biggie. thanks Techs!

I have had fingers on the pressure plate break off within 8000 miles. :notgood:

My recommendation to you would be when the new clutch is installed, make sure you adjust the clutch.

Road Race Engineering and Jacks Transmission sites both have good information and a how-to on proper clutch adjustment.

Good luck!

^
Couldn't have said it better myself. Nice to have another female with an active working knowledge of mechanics in our midst. :)

One question tho. Why such a stiff clutch? I tried to check out your mods...but it seems someone hasn't filled out their profile yet. ;)

I have also experienced a Competetion clutch failure early in it`s life . . . I did my 6 bolt swap complete with an ACT lightened flywheel balanced with the build, & within a mere 600 miles, it started chattering badly & eventually would not dis-engage at all. So, after removing the freshly cleaned & painted trans, A spring from the sprung hub in the disc came out & ate up the balanced flywheel :hmm:. The company did send me a new (revised) kit with an upgraded sprung-hub disc, but I was on my own for the flywheel . . . :talon:

So far . . . so good after over 1500 miles on this one

well thankfully I did not have a sprung clutch or else i would be lil blonde with a hole in our belthousing, But it was adjusted correctly our buddy from a transmission shop came and adjusted it! But for the most part i am stuck until monday waiting for 8am to speak to dan at CCI so i can get this warrantied!YAY, amongst all this my bmw has a bad lower control arm and needs replaced only having the DSM in there !

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back