The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

BISS / ISC adjustment with EvoScan

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heryst78

Proven Member
Feb 9, 2017
Paris, Europe
Hi Guy's :)

Before begin, sorry for my english, i'm from Paris in France.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!

To finish with my idle problems, I bought the Evoscan cable and the Evoscan software.
Now I can connect the car to my computer and read the engine values.

I have already read several similar topics on the forum but I have not found the answer to my questions.
I said before starting that the whole butterfly has been redone, that I have no leak anywhere, and that the BISS reacts very well as soon as it is turned.

So, I have some questions regarding the use of Evoscan to regulate the ISC / BISS.

I already know that:
- The final idle must be between +/- 750 RPM.
- That one can simulate the good position of the ISC by clicking on the actuator called Speed Adj. Screw Mode.

My issue is the following :
- When I click on the actuator Speed Adj. Screw Mode, the datalogger stops. As a result, I can not read the engine values (ISC Steps, engine idle ...)
- How can I adjust the ISC / BISS on Evoscan? In my opinion, I have to click on the actuator Speed Adj. Screw Mode, and turn the BISS until idle is stable around 750 RPM no?
- There is a line on Evoscan called "ISC Steps", that it must be the value once the setting is made?
- There is also on Evoscan a line called "Idle Position switch", it must be the value once the adjustment is made?

Thanks a lot :) :) :)

I was just playing with this last night,
I haven't found a way to use the datalogger, and trigger the actuators at the same time. So I just looked off the stock gauge at the RPM.

Pressing the speed adj. screw mode basically centers the ISC position.
Then adjust the BISS screw until the desired rpm is achieved.
*The speed adj screw mode turns off automatically, I think it is on a timer, so make sure the adjustments are made while it is still turned on.*
This makes sure the ISC is able to operate in the available step range.
I believe it is something like 0-255 "ISC steps" for operating range. If it is maxing out at either end, there is likely an issue with the adjustment.

The "Idle position switch" value is either 1, or 0. 1=throttle is closed 0= throttle is not closed.
1g cars have a separate physical switch on the throttle body for this.
I believe 2g cars have this built into the ECU, and the throttle % needs to be at a certain value, (under 13% I think, for this switch to activate)?

I hope that helps

There is a blue connector on the firewall on the same loom as the fuel pump primer connector. Using a paper clip to jump the connector it will trigger the idle air control valve to go into position 30, so that you can adjust the biss screw to 750+/- 100rpm

It's a blue connector on the firewall behind the EGR valve.

It is not necessary to use any data logging software to set base idle.

I have a 2g automatic and I set my idle manually by just waiting till the car was at full operating temperature and setting the biss screw to 750+/- 100

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back