The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

Altered Mental Status(1G AWD 5spd)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alright, more progress. Those are definitely the correct wideband settings above. I also found thanks to @DSMPT an injector deadtime sheet for the old FIC 1050's I have in the car. So I zero'd out the deadtimes in the fuel tab, and instead uploaded the deadtimes on the sheet in the InjBatteryAdj, and it completely solved the weird idle issue I've been having. I knew it was deadtime related, and man, now it purrs at idle. Throttle response even better than it was. Awesome.

I'm gonna post the idle log too. There's some blipping of the throttle in the log, but nothing crazy. But what's not logged is I couldn't resist and tried out some anti-lag at 5000rpm ish. Oh my GOD is it spicy and awesome. Builds like 6-7lbs.

Seriously though, forward progress even if it's only baby steps.

As always, pick me apart/roast my log. BUT before you do! Just know that right after this log ended I zeroed out the MAFComp table and I'm starting over from scratch now that deadtimes are perfect and idle is great.

Attachments

• log.2024.05.19-04.elg
    299.9 KB · Views: 24
I was on the receiving end of a lesson about the small flat rate boxes, too. Always tape the ends/corners if you’re using them. I received a completely empty box and had a pretty similar customer service experience with the seller where I don’t think they believed me. I just handled the claim with usps on my own.

I was on the receiving end of a lesson about the small flat rate boxes, too. Always tape the ends/corners if you’re using them. I received a completely empty box and had a pretty similar customer service experience with the seller where I don’t think they believed me. I just handled the claim with usps on my own.

I took pictures thankfully and used eBay’s website exclusively to communicate. He tried getting me to call him instead but I refused. I wanted a record of it.

He caved and is sending me a pigtail and stuff now. Claims that his been having trouble with USPS opening his stuff. Like, if that was the case why wouldn’t you start taping it more securely or just outright avoiding them?

Either way I’m happy he’s sending me a new one. Also as a bonus I found the little joke of a SD pipe that was originally on the car so if the other SD pipe is lost I can at least have something.

Alright, I've had enough of these jankily wired LED or HID headlights, or whatever they are. Only one side works, and works is a very loose term. It's like 1 watt powered. The driver's side doesn't work, and I can't even find a plug anywhere on that side for headlights. I found one on the passenger side that's plugged into the ballast, but yeah. These things suck.

Anyone got recommendations for 2024 headlight upgrades for the 1GA DSM? To be quite honest, I don't really want LEDs. I want just good old fashioned halogens. But will take what I can get. Show me pictures/what you had to do too, please!

Do the 1GA's have the same bulbs as the 1GB and 2G? If so, they will just be 9005 and 9006 which are stocked literally everywhere, and there's tons of aftermarket bulbs with the same style connector that can also be used. Not sure why you'd prefer basic halogen over something brighter or more visually appealing, but hey I've still got halogens in my Prelude for the originality factor. If you end up needing 9005 and 9006, I quite literally have a huge pile of them and would be willing to let multiple sets go. I've upgraded lights in almost every vehicle I've owned, which is more than a few. Plus I've bought many new headlight housings that come with bulbs and saved the new/old set, which still work of course.

Do the 1GA's have the same bulbs as the 1GB and 2G? If so, they will just be 9005 and 9006 which are stocked literally everywhere, and there's tons of aftermarket bulbs with the same style connector that can also be used. Not sure why you'd prefer basic halogen over something brighter or more visually appealing, but hey I've still got halogens in my Prelude for the originality factor. If you end up needing 9005 and 9006, I quite literally have a huge pile of them and would be willing to let multiple sets go. I've upgraded lights in almost every vehicle I've owned, which is more than a few. Plus I've bought many new headlight housings that come with bulbs and saved the new/old set, which still work of course.

Nah, they're H4666 sealed housing bulbs. The 4x6 entire shebang is the bulb. Way back in the day, Mach V used to sell a Hella conversion kit that converted them from H4666 to H4 conversion kit, and it was so awesome. Could get bright AF bulbs at any parts store and light output was infinitely greater than the H4666's.

I want Halogen vs LED because I don't want to deal with the wiring nightmare and ballasts or whatever that you have to use for them. That's what I'm dealing with now and it's a headache. I just want to plug and play, and be done. But that's also why I asked for people's first hand experience. If the 1GA guys post up and say LED conversion kits are great and here's an example, I'll 100% go that way and gladly blind the shit out of oncoming traffic. :p

Nah, they're H4666 sealed housing bulbs. The 4x6 entire shebang is the bulb. Way back in the day, Mach V used to sell a Hella conversion kit that converted them from H4666 to H4 conversion kit, and it was so awesome. Could get bright AF bulbs at any parts store and light output was infinitely greater than the H4666's.

I want Halogen vs LED because I don't want to deal with the wiring nightmare and ballasts or whatever that you have to use for them. That's what I'm dealing with now and it's a headache. I just want to plug and play, and be done. But that's also why I asked for people's first hand experience. If the 1GA guys post up and say LED conversion kits are great and here's an example, I'll 100% go that way and gladly blind the shit out of oncoming traffic. :p
Ah, I see. Swapping to LED on a 1GB or a 2G is much more simple. No ballasts or anything. Just a little LED bulb strip in a 9005 or 9006 housing basically. Larger ones have cooling fans but that's as complicated as they get. I haven't had a reason to replace 1GA bulbs yet. There's what appears to be a decent set of headlight assemblies at the local junkyard, but I haven't looked closely at the backside of them.

Ah, I see. Swapping to LED on a 1GB or a 2G is much more simple. No ballasts or anything. Just a little LED bulb strip in a 9005 or 9006 housing basically. Larger ones have cooling fans but that's as complicated as they get. I haven't had a reason to replace 1GA bulbs yet. There's what appears to be a decent set of headlight assemblies at the local junkyard, but I haven't looked closely at the backside of them.

Wait, there's a 1GA in your local junkyard?

I will pay you to go pull the headlight popup relay. Pull every single relay even related to popups for me. I need them bad!

You can get “classic white” for a halogen look

I'd buy the modern white. Don't mind the color, just don't wanna deal with ballasts. Those look awesome, but man...$360? Yikes!

Regarding the build thread: This headlight thing is turning into a debacle. Why in the blue hell would you cut off and delete the passenger side's headlight plug, but wire in an H4 plug on the driver's side? I just....what?

I'm so tired of having to fix the harness on this car, but man alive do I NOT want to have to pull the entire harness(es) from the car and replace them with new ones. Blarg. Headlights should be easy, just plug and go...on what planet would you WIRE one of the headlights entirely into the harness making the install permanent?

I hate people that have these cars. I swear I do. ROFL I swear I'm gonna have to spend like two weeks rewiring the entire car, and checking every single relay and fuse to get it all to work.

Last edited:
I'd buy the modern white. Don't mind the color, just don't wanna deal with ballasts. Those look awesome, but man...$360? Yikes!

I was looking for that Mach V kit too when you started asking but it’s gone from their website.

Oddly, I prefer the classic look, so I was hoping for that type of upgrade vs the white colored LED bulbs and/or “futuristic“projector housings. I’ll keep looking around.

I was looking for that Mach V kit too when you started asking but it’s gone from their website.

Oddly, I prefer the classic look, so I was hoping for that type of upgrade vs the white colored LED bulbs and/or “futuristic“projector housings. I’ll keep looking around.

Same! If you find some lemme know. And if I find some I’ll post up the whole journey like I do with everything.

I think I’m gonna fix the harness and just buy some new OEM style sealed beam units from Sylvania. If I get sick of them I’ll upgrade to LEDs or something.

Just got a “new” harness. Really not that bad to swap and if you find a good one then you should all plugs and no more problems. I would go that route. So much easier and nicer in the long end. Or go all out and start making/tucking your own

Just got a “new” harness. Really not that bad to swap and if you find a good one then you should all plugs and no more problems. I would go that route. So much easier and nicer in the long end. Or go all out and start making/tucking your own

Absolutely not gonna make my own. With a 5 year old and all the animals I got in my already small house, it would be a zoo with all the extra wires and stuff I'd need to have all over the place. And I ain't about to do it outside. :p

And honestly, if a new/better complete harness kit was to pop up for a fair price, I'd probably pull the trigger. However none are out there that I can find, and the ones that are, are hacked up just as bad as mine and they want $800 for it.

Alright, ended up ordering two of these bad boys from some random website. It was the legit only place I could find the OEM 1GA headlight connectors, and I didn't feel like fighting with people on FB to finally find someone on DSMtuners that had the harness two weeks after I needed them.

H4666 pigtail.jpg

These are the connectors.

After they get here, I'm gonna just put in some Sylvania OE replacement H4666 lights that I just bought, and be done with it. If the light output sucks royally, or I can't see, then I'll just get some replacement housings(either H4 Halogen housings, or LEDs) with adapter harnesses and go from there. But for now I'm happy with it. Fixing this piece of shi harness one plug at a time!

Pretty excited though. All the reviews I could find says people love these, and honestly...anything is better than one semi-functional HID that puts out legitimately 10-15 watts of blue light. I think a pen light would be brighter.

Last edited:
Well, slightly sad news. Apparently shrinkflation has affected the intake market too. It came today and instead of being 3” it’s like 2.25”. It would work great for a 14b/16G but not my fp green.

I’m gonna try to send it back but if not would anyone be interested in a SD intake for your 14B/16G? I’ll do all the fab work and make sure it fits. $40+ shipping?

Lemme know. Either way, I have the proper intake on order now. Verified it’s 3”.

Update: this is my fault. The civic has the proper bends, but is a smaller diameter to match the smaller throttle body.

Like @Stapl3 said, it needs to be a Honda Accord intake. Specifically, a 98-02 Honda Accord 2.3L. That has the 3" diameter and all the bends you need. It's also cheaper at only $45-$50. So yeah. This is why I did this, because a lot of this info is outdated! So...second times the charm?

Last edited:
Alternatively, you could leave everything as is.
You could pull the honeycombs which is reversible. Your Dejon intake is perfect, the 2g MAF volume-wise flows the best of all the MAFs we mess with, the recirc I'm a fan of as it's airflow already earned which is put back into the compressor inlet. Everything is correct.

Get SD working properly and a WB properly and let's make some power.

Last edited:
Alternatively, you could leave everything as is.
You could pull the honeycombs which is reversible. Your Dejon intake is perfect, the 2g MAF volume-wise flows the best of all the MAFs we mess with, the recirc I'm a fan of as it's airflow already earned which is put back into the compressor inlet. Everything is correct.

Get SD working properly and a WB properly and let's make some power.

Got the pigtail for the MAP Sensor coming hopefully tomorrow or thursday. Gonna just wire SD in instead of dealing with a conversion harness.

The wideband I've been tinkering with and I'm pretty confident it's accurate now. I'll obviously check and recheck, but I think the only thing lacking now is wiring the sensors, and posting some logs.

Well, I think I found the problem as to why the seatbelts don’t work.

IMG_6015.jpeg
IMG_6016.jpeg

This is the plug to the seatbelt ECU, and the power/ground plug to the motor. Grief. Looks like I’ve got more soldering and wiring to do.

I was gonna do it today but just don’t feel like it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back