The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

91 Galant VR4 - 700hp+ street car goal

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I'm definitely into this build because I love the fabrication aspect and the progression of not only skill but knowledge.

When I first started looking at ti it was the most embarrassing, laughable build full of ebay parts and yadda yadda yadda. I was like "700hp?... Seriously??!!" Then the motor came out, then the build up then the PTE then the this and the that followed by the Auto and it just got better and better. MAJOR props on the progress. This is what its all about. Taking a car from junk to hunk. You've got a badass beast on your hands and I miss my damn GVR4 every time I see one.

Keep up the awesome work and pushing the fabrication. I only wish I still had my full shop to put in some serious time.:hellyeah:

Requesting more pics of how you mounted the fuel cell in the trunk, out of curiosity.

Check out my thread as well, your car puts mine to shit, but similar ideas :)

thanks for the complements fellers.

Yeah this car has been through many of phases and i never planed for it to be as crazy as it is now but thats how it always happens.

I think the combo of auto, 6262 and everything else is gonna make for a really fun car on the street or strip.

yea man i really like this build im in the middle of doing the same type of build wanting to make around 700 on e85 in my awd 1g i just finished makin my top mount twin scroll manifold for the 6266bb i picked up ...

welp pulled an all nighter last night and knocked out my manifold FINALLY....

the raw goods
P1092353.jpg

all tacked together....
P1092357.jpg

P1092358.jpg

P1092366.jpg

P1092359.jpg

all welded up...
P1092368.jpg

P1092369.jpg

some weld close ups :)

P1092363.jpg

P1092365.jpg

P1092372.jpg

P1092373.jpg

Also... got my shifter mounted for the auto.... it feels so weird sitting in the car and looking down to see this... (excuse how dirty it is... pulled it out of a donor car at pull-a-part)

P1092355.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This build looks fantastic, definitely subscribed! Welded dif, solid motor mounts and 3" turn down exhaust were definitely not what I was expecting!

4x114.3? The 2004-2006 Sentra SpecV wheels would look great LOL.

Loving the build thread!

DUN DUN DUHHHHHH...

got the manifold finished up, wastegate flange added...
P1262395.jpg

adapter pipe with wategate flange
P1262390.jpg

P1262396.jpg

P1262392.jpg

and got the downpipe done...
P1262394.jpg

P1262391.jpg

then started my oil drain... i know its funny looking but i wanted to keep it metal for a bit so the head from the manifold doesn't melt it.
P1262393.jpg

Excellent work and documentation! Thank you for posting all of this and good luck!

wow dude ## killin it for sure some great work let me know how many hours about u have in the car LOL ;-D

Awsome work!! I wish I had the time and money to get stuff done like that.

got a little update. been sick for over 2 weeks and finally am feeling better so i got some garage time finallllllyyyyyy....

rebuilt my axles (they needed new boots bad)

P2022397.jpg

worked on the wiring a bit... got axles in, hoses ran, stuff hooked up :)

got the hot side boost pipe done. its very tight radius but smooth, and hey its a bout as short of a run from the turbo to intercooler as you can :)

P2282399.jpg

P2282401.jpg

P2282402.jpg

got the intake manifold painted and installed

P2282407.jpg

used one of those cool therma-gaskets to try and keep intake temps down :)

P2282408.jpg

still got some wiring to do :)

P2282409.jpg

but hey....

at least the views pretty cool now hahahah.

P2282406.jpg

thanks for the nice comments, there always appreciated.

sorry for the slow updated recently. working on a bunch of other peoples cars for a big race coming up but should have some progress in the next month or so.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back