The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

4g63awdhonda Holset HY35 / 10.71 @ 2012 Shootout

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JusMX141

Dec 13, 2005
Greensburg, Pennsylvania
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

4g63awdhonda

Posting this info for Gabe who isn't really on this site much.

This was done during time trials early in the day on Sunday, even before I arrived at the track. Car is a 2G TSi AWD running a Holset HY35 and Turbonetics T3 manifold with zero weight reduction aside from no spare tire and no a/c. Still has all of the interior, back seat, power steering, and is still driven on the street quite often. Gabe borrowed the slicks from Talondave's car in order to improve his 60ft times a bit and it paid off.

Gabe enjoys doing stuff that many others wouldn't consider- his goal here is to go as fast as possible with a car that is also as close to stock-appearing as possible. Car was running on pump 93; no meth injection. It had a stripped wastegate mounting bolt which was allowing a huge exhaust leak at the base, and boost to drop from a spike of around 33 to 26-27psi by redline logging just 52-53 lb/min of peak airflow as a result. Much later in the day Gabe also found out that he forgot to enable no-lift-to-shift even though he was shifting the car as if it were enabled. The result was a few missed shifts in later passes- one of which caused him to lose in the very first round of Bracket 1 competition. His best MPH still remains 133.9 which was done when the car was able to hold higher boost to redline.

^ That number ties the second-best HX35 pass ever, and this was done with a turbo that has a smaller turbine wheel and housing than the equal-timed HX35. Big congratulations to Gabe for raising the bar once again on this turbo....hopefully he'll get a few more passes in before a scheduled partout over the winter.

Honorable mention goes to talon1990TSi for going 11.51 @ 119 at the Shootout using a BEP T3 HX35 at 25psi and tuning with an AFC & MAF Translator. Zero timing adjustment ability or launch control and STILL ran an amazing time.

Last edited by a moderator:
We saw the car out there this weekend, I got a shot of it on the track... looked really good out there, and nice driving!

We have 400+ photos from the event posted on our Facebook page if you want to check them all out... Fuel Injector Clinic | Facebook

What blue is that? it looks sick :hellyeah:

If you don't mind me asking, what is the spool time/lag like in your setup? Thanks
Last time I rode in the car it was getting 30+psi at around 4200 in 3rd gear...and that was with a partially-blown turbo-to-manifold gasket so I'm sure there's room for improvement.

What blue is that? it looks sick :hellyeah:
Honda Super Sonic Blue; Honda code B90P, PPG code 5453.

Roof & hatch (around window) are black, spolier's carbon fiber.

Car dynoed 560whp/450tq today, making it the current-highest HX35/HY35 horsepower holder. A thread will be started once I get a copy of the dyno sheet as well as the specifics of boost level, fuel type, etc.

Congrats, Gabe- this car would be in the low 10's if it had any weight reduction beyond removing the spare tire. LOL

Well damn, when did that happen? Couldn't have been too long ago. LOL

SO great to see guys pushing the HY to the limit. I firmly believe this turbo is put together from the factory better than the HX35- stock housings and all.

I'll have to ask Gabe to be sure, but I know all previous racing times were done on 93 octane pump fuel at around 33psi...so I'd imagine this dyno trip would be under the same conditions. Again I'll verify this and get the dyno chart here in a day or so hopefully.

First of septemberish. Was out of fuel pump too. Working on it over my fall break to get the fuel issues fixed, and try to eek more power out of it yet... Then maybe make one good pass with it.

Car dynoed 560whp/450tq today, making it the current-highest HX35/HY35 horsepower holder. A thread will be started once I get a copy of the dyno sheet as well as the specifics of boost level, fuel type, etc.

Congrats, Gabe- this car would be in the low 10's if it had any weight reduction beyond removing the spare tire. LOL

Ever get that dyno sheet? Wouldn't mind checking it out. Been fighting the e85 goo hard here in KS and I'd like to switch back to permium fuel. Super interested in the timing curve run at these boost levels.

-thks!

Bump, Timing curve would be EXTREMELY nice to get my hands on. what dark magic is this???

Ever get that dyno sheet? Wouldn't mind checking it out. Been fighting the e85 goo hard here in KS and I'd like to switch back to permium fuel. Super interested in the timing curve run at these boost levels.

-thks!

Bump, Timing curve would be EXTREMELY nice to get my hands on. what dark magic is this???

Timing curve ain't gonna do you guys any good. Unless you have a very good inter cooler your pissing in the wind trying to run 93. I do remember his timing was claimed to be about what many run on E85.

I think this is black magic, and I still don't believe this is the whole story.

I made 600 on my HY on E85, and it was a battle to get there. Furthermore it's unbelievable how temperamental it is. At that level there was a 50whp difference between 80* weather and 60* weather due to the air density. Then some E85 wouldn't run as good as other. ect..... While it might be possible to get this power out of a 93oct hy setup, it's certainly not a set it an forget it deal, your not gonna dd this thing every day and on a whim go to the track and run 10.70's at 130.

Timing curve ain't gonna do you guys any good. Unless you have a very good inter cooler your pissing in the wind trying to run 93. I do remember his timing was claimed to be about what many run on E85.

I made 600 on my HY on E85, and it was a battle to get there. Furthermore it's unbelievable how temperamental it is. At that level there was a 50whp difference between 80* weather and 60* weather due to the air density. Then some E85 wouldn't run as good as other. ect..... While it might be possible to get this power out of a 93oct hy setup, it's certainly not a set it an forget it deal, your not gonna dd this thing every day and on a whim go to the track and run 10.70's at 130.

Didn't figure I would. I have a good IC and water/meth. I also run a larger hx40 so the aircharge wouldn't be as hot. I'd be happy with the 28lbs i run now on e85. I'd like to try the e30 blend they have here since the mixtures don't vary year round. Then see if I still have "goo" issues.

i just wanted to say that i have drove the car to the track that is over 1.5hrs away raced it going 130+ and drove it home more times then most cars have seen the track and never had a problem with my tune changing, if you dial your tune in right on pump gas you dont have to worry about your tune changing......if i had a car that you couldnt daily drive with 550+whp that the tune didnt stay where you tuned it at I would just sell it because it sounds like you go through alot of trouble haha

i just wanted to say that i have drove the car to the track that is over 1.5hrs away raced it going 130+ and drove it home more times then most cars have seen the track and never had a problem with my tune changing
Right-on....example here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iz-C7ZJxT8I

Lousy launch due to spinning the hell out of street tires, but the trap speeds don't lie. ;)

Amazing machine you have there. My goal was always mid-11's on a streetable setup. You took that to a whole new level. Glad to see guy's running these crazy times and still taking their cars out on the street to have some fun with and show off :) Keep up the good work.

Anyone that don't believe this is done with a full weight, hy35, pump93, is more then welcome to come drain the tank refill it at the pump and then drive 1.5hrs to the track, and trap 130s!!! Me or Gabe will never run that e85 goop in our cars! We have ran better times on pump93 then 90% of the e85 users on here! :sosad:

i just wanted to say that i have drove the car to the track that is over 1.5hrs away raced it going 130+ and drove it home more times then most cars have seen the track and never had a problem with my tune changing, if you dial your tune in right on pump gas you dont have to worry about your tune changing......if i had a car that you couldnt daily drive with 550+whp that the tune didnt stay where you tuned it at I would just sell it because it sounds like you go through alot of trouble haha

I drive mine 1.5hrs to the track and go 129-130 pass after pass too. The tune doesn't change. But it definatly doesn't make as much power when it's hot. And if your claiming the weather doesn't affect your cars power your flat out lying.

Too bad I don't have slicks. I think the 138 mine trapped on the last pass with the HY would have been a bit faster than a 10.71....

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back