The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

456whp EVO III 16g

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Before i turbo chared my dsm i wasnt sure what kind of turbo to get, for what i paid for this thing, this was a bargain. Got her back on the road, so taking it to the next level, this summer, with more upgrades. Good job guys.

No this is not.

Our 16g auto car does 400whp through the auto which math out to about the same hp as this car through the 5spd.

I have a few other evoIII 16g cars that are just over 400whp and about 10 evos that are over 400whp on the stock 16gs. So I could do this to any ones car if they wanted.

Yeah I ever pick up another dsm as a dd it will never see anything bigger than a 16g and never see anything less the E85. There is a place about 20 minutes away max that has it by the gallon just like a regular gas station.

And the car is E85 not 98. Its actually e98 that I mix with 92 octane pump gas, so it probably does have a little more octane than e85 at the pump but probably very minimal.

With only one 255 wally what kind of AFR's are you running? I ran out of pump with a brand new 255hp right around or a tad before the 400 mark (at about 25 psi on my setup) and had to add an extra, and een now with 1000cc injectors and 2 intank wally HP's, I'm maxing out the injecttors for a couple thousand RPM in the peak VE range at the last dyno test of 431/396, I still have the log that shows 100% IDC for almost 2k RPM when tuned at 11.8:1

It amazes (or better yet, makes me question) how you guys are busting over 400 on a single wally 255

Not saying you're lieing, just trying to figure out why i run out of injector so early (and around the same area as others with similar turbos and the same injectors and pump), yet all the crazy high evo 3 numbers defy all logical math that i've found on what said components will support *scratches head*

High compression is what got the extra hp on that one.

QUOTE]

I know Curt personally and I can attest that his car did not make the power from high compression, it was from.. :shhh: :D

He was talking about Nate's car but I disagree about that too. But hey everyone is open to have their own opinion.

the 499whp car was Curts, Nate tuned. Hopefully there will be another "controversial" car making big power on a 16g tuned by Curt/Nate really soon :sneaky:

Oh ok I got ya. I didn't know that was Curt's car. Yeah good luck with the car. I will be hauling my car up to Nate when it's done to get tuned. I wonder how things are gonna work now that SBR isn't in the area anymore

With only one 255 wally what kind of AFR's are you running? I ran out of pump with a brand new 255hp right around or a tad before the 400 mark (at about 25 psi on my setup) and had to add an extra, and een now with 1000cc injectors and 2 intank wally HP's, I'm maxing out the injecttors for a couple thousand RPM in the peak VE range at the last dyno test of 431/396, I still have the log that shows 100% IDC for almost 2k RPM when tuned at 11.8:1

It amazes (or better yet, makes me question) how you guys are busting over 400 on a single wally 255

Not saying you're lieing, just trying to figure out why i run out of injector so early (and around the same area as others with similar turbos and the same injectors and pump), yet all the crazy high evo 3 numbers defy all logical math that i've found on what said components will support *scratches head*

IF your numbers are on a Dynojet, its hard to say but VE idrectly affects how much IDC it will take at given power level. Case in point is a 440whp Evo we did at 12:1 AFR was 83% on a single 255 (modded and rewired) and switching the intake manifold to a magnus it did 475 at 86% IDC.

At 12:1 AFR, one modded 255 will support 460whp at 85-90 with 1000s. Zach runs FIC1150s so he has a little more to play with. Our sales guy Aaron made 435whp at 12:1 with 1000s and one 255, our tech Jake did 438 at 12:1 with 1000s. Its the right cams, right piping, etc. all about the combo.

Curt did 452 on a stock block 1G before he built it, I can go find the dyno sheet if you need proof.

I have one question about this, and i hope you pm me about it, but how did u achieve this boost.
Is this with an internal or external gate.

I ran a 16G and i can say that I am so close to going back but i ran 37psi spike down to 27 and i achieved 410hp and 450tq on a dynojet, but i wanted more top end. I only had HKS 264/272 cams however.

Awesome achievement, please keep up the good work and forget about the nay sayers, I can't see much more proof being needed other than a timeslip and this isn't a comment on anyone in particular but some people just can't drive their cars.

(please pm me with some info on boost control)

IF your numbers are on a Dynojet, its hard to say but VE idrectly affects how much IDC it will take at given power level. Case in point is a 440whp Evo we did at 12:1 AFR was 83% on a single 255 (modded and rewired) and switching the intake manifold to a magnus it did 475 at 86% IDC.

At 12:1 AFR, one modded 255 will support 460whp at 85-90 with 1000s. Zach runs FIC1150s so he has a little more to play with. Our sales guy Aaron made 435whp at 12:1 with 1000s and one 255, our tech Jake did 438 at 12:1 with 1000s. Its the right cams, right piping, etc. all about the combo.

Curt did 452 on a stock block 1G before he built it, I can go find the dyno sheet if you need proof.

No, No.. I wasn't saying it wasn't true. I totally believe you. (plus my numbers are on a mustang dyno)

I was just trying to see why when given the same componenets some people (and it almost seams regional in the country) can either can make over 400 at less than 100% IDC on a single 255 & 1K's, and then some people (like myself) run out of fuel before 400 on the same 1000's/single 255 setup. and i am an experienced tuner of stand alone ECU's been doing it for 13 years) But i had to add a second pump to get out of the 100% IDC problem with my setup on E85 and 1000's

Which, that may be another thing...what do you mean by "modded 255"? And also, if i did bump the fuel pressure to above 80 it would do it, but i hate running fuel pressure any higher than i have to. Plus, i can't truely judge it because i was on stock lines from tank to filter when i was running out of fuel on my single 255. And when i went to dual in-tanks i added -6 line the whole way at the same time, so there's too many variables for me to know if just a line upgrade would have done the trick..

Either way.... Nice numbers, it's these posts that almost had me taking an EVOIII 16g turbo in as a partial trade towards labor, but the turbo was gone by the time i decided and he just paid in cash..which is good because i decided against it.

I ran that hks 264/272 cam setup on my car before i went to straight 272's. The 264 combo definitely made more torque but top end of 272's was definetely noticiable. I have worked really hard for the top end and HP from the EIII16g because thats what it lacks. Some things that you may think would make power don't for instance. An open downpipe made no more power on the dyno then the full megan racing 3inch stainless, absolutely none who would have known? And the fuel setup is one wally 255hp, rewired, a 2g stock fuel pressure regulator, 1150FIC injectors, and a -6 line from the fuel filter to rail. I made 479 whp on this setup with a Borg warner S256 also.

I ran that hks 264/272 cam setup on my car before i went to straight 272's. The 264 combo definitely made more torque but top end of 272's was definetely noticiable. I have worked really hard for the top end and HP from the EIII16g because thats what it lacks. Some things that you may think would make power don't for instance. An open downpipe made no more power on the dyno then the full megan racing 3inch stainless, absolutely none who would have known? And the fuel setup is one wally 255hp, rewired, a 2g stock fuel pressure regulator, 1150FIC injectors, and a -6 line from the fuel filter to rail. I made 479 whp on this setup with a Borg warner S256 also.

On what type of fuel?

E85 fuel

Its AWD

Can you explain what you mean by a "modded" 255? I assume you start with a 255 high pressure pump and change the inlet side of the pump somehow? This would also be a great tech write-up.

And the fuel setup is one wally 255hp, rewired, a 2g stock fuel pressure regulator, 1150FIC injectors, and a -6 line from the fuel filter to rail. I made 479 whp on this setup with a Borg warner S256 also.

How the hell did you manage to run a stock FPR with that pump and those injectors?

question to english. would you think that you could get these numbers on pump and meth? and how big of injectors do you think i would need?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back