The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

456whp EVO III 16g

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LucasEnglish

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 23, 2004
Washougal, Washington
Well Team English Racing keeps pushing the limits

Zach's car with an EVO III 16g just made 456whp

Zach's mods

-95 piston 6 bolt stock rods
-Extrude hone intake
-EVOIII 16g ported to creep
-EVOIII o2 ported to 3in out let
-FP Race exhaust mani (gained 7hp over ported EVO III mani)
-1200 cc inj, E98 fuel one 255hp fuel pump
-DSM Link MAFT combo 3in blow through
-ETS 3in FMIC 2.5in piping
-40psi spike holding 26psi out the top
-HKS 272 cams
-Modded stock 1g BOV

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Seems most maxed out E85 EVO's with the same mods can only do around 430whp so it has me wondering if the EVOIII is better than a VIII and IX turbo's.

Well Team English Racing keeps pushing the limits

Zach's car with an EVO III 16g just made 456whp

Zach's mods

-95 piston 6 bolt stock rods
-Extrude hone intake
-EVOIII 16g ported to creep
-EVOIII o2 ported to 3in out let
-FP Race exhaust mani (gained 7hp over ported EVO III mani)
-1200 cc inj, E98 fuel one 255hp fuel pump
-DSM Link MAFT combo 3in blow through
-ETS 3in FMIC 2.5in piping
-40psi spike holding 26psi out the top
-HKS 272 cams
-Modded stock 1g BOV

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Seems most maxed out E85 EVO's with the same mods can only do around 430whp so it has me wondering if the EVOIII is better than a VIII and IX turbo's.

So what your saying is Zack turbo needs to be rebult now?

Would like to see what you can do with an unported E216G & E3 exhaust manifold (using the ring).

Well its and old school BR Extrude hone stock 1g intake. I dont have any pics of the inside. I can get some engine bay pics soon.

Well the turbo has been holding together fine on this car for some time. I still feel most turbos fail from a problem not being over boosted or ran hard. My IX turbo on my Evo has been at 500whp and 35psi spikes for 20k now and was used when I put it on with no problems.

I do feel his motor could break at any time from the amount of TQ on stock rods. He keeps pulling timing in the spike area to try and keep the TQ down.

Well thats not on a boost gauge, its on an aem map sensor ran through the dynojet software. Which I would trust 10 to 1 against a boost gauge.

Might be a twin scroll, single scroll thing. I have been saying for years that divider in there has to cause more friction. not good for maxing out turbos

I'm not going to get into with the OP I don't know them/him, but Dude seriously you are lying about the setup. I bet there is 1000 members on this very site with that setup and don't have those kind of numbers so how did you make 50-100 more HP than all of them?? :hmm: I know what CB and those guys were doing to their cars to make the power they were, and those cars were built to the sky, basically 35-40r setups with a 16g on it, so you have to be doing something similar.

Later Dr Turbo

You should ask Nate which 16g they used when they made 500whp you may be on to something with the EVOIII being better

High compression is what got the extra hp on that one.

I'm not going to get into with the OP I don't know them/him, but Dude seriously you are lying about the setup. I bet there is 1000 members on this very site with that setup and don't have those kind of numbers so how did you make 50-100 more HP than all of them?? :hmm: I know what CB and those guys were doing to their cars to make the power they were, and those cars were built to the sky, basically 35-40r setups with a 16g on it, so you have to be doing something similar.

Later Dr Turbo

:notgood:

I'm not doing anything special, and I have 414/459, at lower boost -- 26-28 or so, falling to about 22, and it looks like I have less goodies on my car too. Also, I only have 150psi of compression, an untouched stock 2g o2 housing, and the BC cams so many people insist are crap (probably just cause they aren't a rip off price). I've also never tuned on a dyno -- all my own street tuning.

yea I need to get my car to a dyno soon. e3 16g on e85 is definently a 400whp capable setup people around here people are running mid 11's full weight which is easily 400whp.

1000 member's aren't running E98 and literally pulling the pin on an EVOIII 16g and tossing it like a hand grenade. Curt Brown's 460 w.h.p. setup was nearly identical to this one, minus the E98. Awesome achievement, but not unbelievable.

Awesome torque curve, nice work guys!

What is the max airflow you guys have seen out of the turbo, and at what elevation (or better yet, what is the atmospheric pressure vs. max airflow)?

Its funny that while this is one of those few and far between e316g cases, its not unheard of.But immidiatly someone jumps in with the "duuu your lying about the setup"...LOL.Haters.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back