The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

ECMlink 2G V3 first time user setting up

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I figure my injector offsets exactly the same way that @Vegas Smith does his. Split the difference between the 2 values and then do the same to the next set of values. I take the difference, divide by 2 and add that figure to the lower number to get my number in between. Sounds kinda confusing but has always worked for me and is easy.
Bobby, load the 2g base settings as a good starting point for tuning. The 1g maps are too aggressive. I have had several tuners help and we ALWAYS started with a 2g base setting on fuel and timing. I have attached it for you if you decide to start with it.
Marty
I see. I will try my best to remember this.

On vegas's tuning tips it says to use the evo settings as abase. I read many saying this so thats they way i was looking to progress

Entirely up to you. The 2g files are the least aggressive so you can work your way up in timing and in fuel. I am sure the EVO files will work, it just isn't what I am used to seeing tuners start with, and I have had 3 tuners. I learned a lot from them and appreciate them all taking the time to help me out when I didn't know squat about tuning with a computer.

Entirely up to you. The 2g files are the least aggressive so you can work your way up in timing and in fuel. I am sure the EVO files will work, it just isn't what I am used to seeing tuners start with, and I have had 3 tuners. I learned a lot from them and appreciate them all taking the time to help me out when I didn't know squat about tuning with a computer.
i understand. this is all new to me and i want to get off on the right foot and start from something thats good.

They are absolutely spot on Nick!!!! :beatentodeath:

That’s at least a 1 week ban if you ask me 😂
Right.....????? :p
Good thing Nick and I have been in trouble TOGETHER so I put up with his shenanigans and mischief.
Watch it buddy!!!!! JK

hey all posting here as i got some issues i cannot figure out.

last month i did a basic start and setup and it was fine. front o2 was cycling and i did the swaps that was requested.

went to test it again today and the front o2 is not cycling! but cannot figure out why as it was working and always was working last year but now a few weeks apart its not! i dont see anything in the logs to show any difference from last month to this month thats different setup wise to say differently. anyone have any ideas?

also currently installed a sensor to log fuel pressure and wired it into the MDP wires and followed the tuners wiring and my sensors wire colors to get the right wire to home and set it up and it keeps logging minus for some reason? i checked mechanical gauge before removal at 43.5 psi to confirm and its bang on so cannot figure out why the new sensor is not showing correctly. is this sensor not liking the software as the sensor i got has been used with everyone major ecu brand going and is said to be a decent cost effective sensor vs the honeywell sensor i looked at.

other then these small issues its idling nicely but i have to tweek it as it does seem a bit rick and i might have to mess around with the global abut but for now i just wish to get the main sensors working before i go any further forward.

04 is o2 working and 05 is no o2 working?

any help would be great thanks

Attachments

• log.2021.04.24-03.csv
    337.8 KB · Views: 16
  • log.2021.05.03-05.csv
    1.9 MB · Views: 12
Upload the logs correctly. These are excel files.
i export them from link to save right. i dont remember how i uploaded one before but cannot remember now haha

Looks like my laptop is out for a few days now after it wants to do some long updates apparently! Back in 2 days for the logs hahahaha
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

laptops back up and running after its hissy fit with upgrades and luckily did not kill it off like updates did on my old come in 2020! phew

anyway i decided to try logging again and setup the biss screw as that needed to be done and weirdly enough the front o2 now works? not sure if i pressed something to stop it from working but its working and just as i thought it would be since it was working prior to the car being off the road in jan 2020 so no reason for it to fail!

anyway 2 logs here to show whats going on, i know i have to start adjusting something but im not sure what yet as a few things seem a bit off from memory of watching videos etc,

Attachments

• log.2021.05.09-01.elg
    489.7 KB · Views: 15
  • log.2021.05.09-02.elg
    489.7 KB · Views: 13
  • log.2021.05.09-03.elg
    423.2 KB · Views: 15
  • log.2021.05.09-04.elg
    423.2 KB · Views: 20
You're having some type of wiring/connectivity issue with either your MAP or front o2. In the last log at 362 seconds you can see the activity. Everything goes nuts.

You're having some type of wiring/connectivity issue with either your MAP or front o2. In the last log at 362 seconds you can see the activity. Everything goes nuts.
what log what that your looking at, i wonder if when i soldered the lc1 into the rear o2 i caught the front o2 wire? i was positive i was careful. as for the map thats plugged into the factory maf sensor with the ecmlink harness. how would i check this out to rule out bad wiring in that harness or what should i rule out in general really

what log what that your looking at, i wonder if when i soldered the lc1 into the rear o2 i caught the front o2 wire? i was positive i was careful. as for the map thats plugged into the factory maf sensor with the ecmlink harness. how would i check this out to rule out bad wiring in that harness or what should i rule out in general really
It was log 04. My only advice is to jiggle the wiring for each sensor and see if the car reacts.

Bobby, I looked at the logs too, one was corrupted but I can see enough. It looks like your global fuel is set a little bit too rich (Not enough negative, try -63.9 instead of -62.9). The ECU is pulling fuel in the long term and short term trims. Long term, try to get the global to a point were LTFT is within + or -5%. Deadtimes can help out the short term STFT trims, and I would play with the tune to get it to within + or - 5% also. I am just reading that from the amount of fuel the ECU is pulling out.
Marty

It was log 04. My only advice is to jiggle the wiring for each sensor and see if the car reacts.
roger that sir. i shall have a wiggle with them connectors on the weekend and see what they do and will look at the log now and compare a new log. im not sure if it was 4 or 5 but i did ground the ecu to adjust the biss screw so i hope thats not what your seeing?

Bobby, I looked at the logs too, one was corrupted but I can see enough. It looks like your global fuel is set a little bit too rich (Not enough negative, try -63.9 instead of -62.9). The ECU is pulling fuel in the long term and short term trims. Long term, try to get the global to a point were LTFT is within + or -5%. Deadtimes can help out the short term STFT trims, and I would play with the tune to get it to within + or - 5% also. I am just reading that from the amount of fuel the ECU is pulling out.
Marty
it is rich i think also i just did not know if it was global or something else i needed to adjust like dead times or something else. i will be sure to adjust the global to your suggestion and see what that brings it down to. i have not driven the car at all on roads yet, best i did was down the road at 5mph to make sure i had all gears after the trans valve body upgrade,other then that no drives yet till i get this idle much better and safer.

what will i play with in the tune to bring it down, is that the SD charts

It is in the "ECU Config" tab at the bottom of the log, then under the "Fuel" tab, look down in the lower left corner. You are set at -62.9. IDK if 1 point change will make a drastic difference, but you should try that (-63.9) and look at your long term trims, LTFT. It should change and not be pulling quite so much fuel (around 20% right now). I suggest one point at a time so you can LEARN and SEE what you did and what it effects. That is how I learned a lot, just fiddled with stuff until I saw things change.
@Vegas Smith is real good at pin pointing stuff on a tune, the LTFTs and STFTs just jumped out at me so I brought it up to you. :thumb:

The deadtime settings in InjBatteryAdj for 12V and 14V could be lowered closer to stock settings. I also don't think the other voltages needed to be so high either. Did you get these numbers from a flow sheet? I would adjust these first before the deadtime setting in Fuel tab.

I need to take a gander at those. His ECU is pulling quite a bit of fuel so, globally, it will need to be adjusted for the LTFTs to come into tolerance. Nice spot on the Injector voltage offsets. Those are pretty important for sure.
Here is a sample Injector Voltage Offset. It is from my 2150s in my Blue 92 Talon.

Attachments

• Injector Voltage Offsets for Blue 92 talon.docx
    173.3 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
The deadtime settings in InjBatteryAdj for 12V and 14V could be lowered closer to stock settings. I also don't think the other voltages needed to be so high either. Did you get these numbers from a flow sheet? I would adjust these first before the deadtime setting in Fuel tab.
i was given these from a member on here who worked them out for me for my injectors based on what FIC sent me in an email about my injectors. any idea what i should adjust them down to and what to look for when i make said adjustments

It should be a smooth sweep down in all areas Bobby.
I lowered the 7 volt deadtime adjustments then made a smooth sweep down for you. Try those offsets. If they give you an issue, we can always change them back.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Those are the settings FIC sent him.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back