The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G 5 speed - Sick of 9's...

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

That looks really great i love the detail and the front bumper makes me want to open mine up nice work.

Awesome build Mark. I think you should seal off your catch can and provide vacuum from the turbo intake pipe. Youll probably get even less oil in the can, and youll settle down the oil in the cylinder head, while still pulling out all the crankcase gases.

Thanks for the comments everyone! It's cool to see my car on the main page.

The CF fenders were one off from some local guy that never used them. I took the risk that they didn't fit and bought them for a good price.

Started the car yesterday, not easy to get all of the 12 tooth stuff figured out. Lots of timing light time required. The 12 tooth wheel makes the car start instantly, and the timing is dead on with no drift like it had before at idle! Faster than factory did, although my settings need adjustment big time as it starts harder when warm. The tune needs a ton of work, not even close, setup the injectors copied over the fuel map, set the micro-bits/second and it runs super pig rich. Lots of work to be done on the tune.
Today I drove it around the block, that clutch is the best thing ever, the engagement is super smooth, like street car smooth.
The dog box shifts like butter, with a noise from the straight cut gears is awesome. 5th gear is quiet, since it's factory. I cannot wait to get it all tuned up and get it down the track. The 4 wide bands are cool too, the only thing I need to get figured out is the idle solenoid, I have a feeling that the series 2 ecu is limited on a PWM output like the series one had. F

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup I love my dogbox!!!! How do you like the whine?? :) I have the 5th gear delete. Yea the 1st time I shifted mine I was like OMG what did I do??? Lol best of luck to you man.. car looks incredible!!

Nice work, keep it up, hope to see you at the shoot out :)

Nice! Hope you will be able to get even lower times :)

Love the bumper badge Mark, my dad gave me the Superman sticker for my Talon bumper. Must be a father-son thing.

I rarely post here anymore but man, this is one of the best privateer DIY builds I have seen in a very, very long time.

Congrats on everything-and Kudos for still rockin the 42!

Thanks for all of the great feedback. I just need to get a new tune on the EMS and get it to the track!

I added some finishing touches last week. I cleaned up the dash and put aluminum trim panels and added a USB bulkhead connector so I have an easy spot to interface to my EMS.

20130407_125541.jpg

I don’t recall where I got the carpet from, it was from an online company I believe it was around 100 bucks. Not the best quality but light and gets the job done when I want to enter in street classes that require interior.

It must be very fulfilling to have built a machine like this! That wiring looks like a PITA

have you considered going rwd with a ford 9 inch that would cut a lot of weight and free up some drive train hold back
not doubting the setup at all just kind of wondered if you considered rwd and if you did why you decided not to

Beautiful car mark! However, did you learn this stuff over night? I mean this thing is amazing!

I'm having a hard time just performing basic mods.

Thanks again for all of the awesome feedback. I cannot wait to get this thing down the track for some shakedown passes with the new setup! Unfortunately it will be at the end of May.

Update:

I remove the AFCO rear swaged tube lower control arms. They broke on the dyno last time and I just replaced the broken ones with the same Afco replacements. At that point it was on the dyno to figure out what kind of number the car was making, not to tune it. So there was no need to upgrade. I need to do a full retune since I changed to a V2 EMS and this time I plan on using the dyno to tune it vs. the street.

20130416_164456-1.jpg

I ordered up some 1.25” tubing, 4130 chromoly, 0.120 wall thickness. And some weld in threaded ends from Summit Racing. This will be plenty strong enough, add a little weight, but its better being safe than sorry! 3 lbs won’t make a difference.

20130424_173642.jpg

The new ones installed:

20130424_180343.jpg

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back