1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

1G 5 speed - Sick of 9's...

Posted by Mark L, Nov 20, 2012

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI
  1. Mark L

Mark L Proven Member

Joined Feb 26, 2012
    Eagan, Minnesota
    It was so long ago I don't recall the original details. What I do know is the master cylinder has a smaller diameter than the original, to help brake response & pedal pressure. I recall there was a thread on this form that detailed out the part number and what variant car it came off of.

For the rod, I purchased a long bolt off of Fastenal with the same thread that interfaces the clevis for the pedal. Then I cut the head off to the correct length, and balled the one end that interfaced the master cylinder.

iugrad92turbo likes this.
  2. Mark L

Mark L Proven Member

Joined Feb 26, 2012
    Eagan, Minnesota
    Christmas came early. This should help me alot next season! Magnus gears and front billet section, and Boostin's billet mid section!

20181120_085802.jpg

3. bastarddsm

bastarddsm Supporting Vendor

Joined Aug 26, 2003
    Mendota, Illinois
    Do you have one of billet sonnax yokes that Tim z had made?

Showcar Build 5K  1

1991 Eagle Talon N/T
    9.805 @ 144.00 · 1G DSM
  4. ChessmoDSM

ChessmoDSM Supporting VIP

Joined Apr 22, 2017
    Burlington, Vermont
    :applause:OMG:thumb:

5. Mark L

Mark L Proven Member

Joined Feb 26, 2012
    Eagan, Minnesota
    Yes I bought a backup from Tim, and have been running one for many years since they use to be standard production back in the day.

jersygsx and iugrad92turbo like this.