The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

1G 5 speed - Sick of 9's...

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thanks for all of the feedback! Yes it's a ETS 6" thick core, I had a cheap 4" core that held me back on the dyno back in the day and the 6” was recommended by ETS. I know its overkill now, the 5” would have been just fine.

I received my clutch last week, it was installed but never used. I still need to clean up all of the loctite that was used. I also received some other goodies from DSM Graveyard, new timing belt covers and windshield cowl. The clutch is super rowdy! It’s all set up and I will be dropping in the motor this weekend. I also installed a 12 tooth crank trigger wheel from Kiggley. It should make for some rock solid timing. 1G’s are timed off of the CAS vs the crank shaft. There are way too many things that can go wrong with the CAS setups with high horsepower DSM’s. The kit Kiggley send has all the correct fasteners to attach the crank sensor wiring and routing so it clears the timing belt, I admit it looks a little precarious. I added a pic of the aero bumper parts detached, prior to me installing them.

20130215_233425.jpg

20130223_055423.jpg

20130223_082422.jpg

20130223_064436.jpg

Thanks for all the feedback, painting is so worth it on this stuff, the car is like new! Better than new.

The motor is in and I’m just adding all of the new stuff. I have the fire wall and brackets done now, fuel system is under control, AEM Twin fire box, and the Aeromotive regulator is all fab’d up. I have also found a new tool that I love. A threaded insert gun, makes all this stuff look factory installed with real fasteners instead of zip screws.

The harness will end up being a sizable challenge. I now have all of the lights wired, still need to add switches to activate head/paring lights (one simple toggle switch) and a switch for turn signal indicators. I used XLPE jacketed wiring, found it in 20 foot lengths on ebay good deal.

20130303_174439.jpg

20130302_074529.jpg

20130303_174458.jpg

Almost there! Will you leave the fenders in their Carbon state or will you paint to match the car?

do you plan on running a cnc staging brake??? if so how did you do you pluming for it?? i got mine mounted just wondering on how to run the brake lines?? car look amazing man!! awesome work

Almost there! Will you leave the fenders in their Carbon state or will you paint to match the car?

I might paint them, but not this year.

I'm not running a staging brake, just using the e-brake with good success. I'll use a CNC staging brake when or if I upgrade the rear brakes like John just did. 20+ pounds is a nice weight savings.

I had a good week working on the car, I’ve been burning the candle at both ends of the day lately. I finished the wiring under the hood, this was no easy task. It took a little more effort that what I thought. I also made new fuel lines to connect up to my fuel rails.

20130310_111918.jpg

20130310_111910.jpg

I also built a bracket to route and control the new wideband wiring to keep it away from the hot piping.
20130310_111902.jpg

Next step is to start the interior wiring and its ready for lots of tuning work to deal with the upgrade to the series 2 EMS.

20130315_064542.jpg

I wrapped up the under hood wiring and got a huge chunk of the inside wiring done last weekend. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel now. I'm a little concerned about moving to the series 2 ems, I don't know if it is as flexible as the series one. I did a lot of stuff with series one.

20130321_155516.jpg

The wiring is done! I’m so sick of killing my neck and back wiring this thing!

20130327_071309.jpg

20130327_071258.jpg

I also finished up the deep sump oil pan modification. Kiggly had a good tech post on his site for the pickup mod too. It added around 1.5-2 quarts of oil capacity and should help keep oil pumps alive. I’m just getting ready for my 60 foots to be faster this year, the car is a lot lighter and first gear in the dog box is longer.

20130329_075515.jpg

20130329_061617.jpg

I couldn’t find a new emblem for the bumper, so my father in-law made one out of stainless steel on his CNC mill. This is just awesome, he’s got crazy talent and attention to detail.

20130330_140438.jpg

20130330_134255.jpg

Top notch build man....The cnc emblem is pretty sick.

Awesome build!

What was the weight difference between the cf fenders vs the stockers? The stock fenders are pretty light already.

Also what and how did you make those cool looking mirror delete plates?

Again great looking car, I'll probably be hitting you up next fall about the wiring. I want to get NY pos up and going before I yank the harness out and go through it.

You have one bad ass machine, I hope you reach yoir goal. The work you are doing, you deserve it. Keep up the good work!:hellyeah:

Making Minnesotan's proud everywhere haha.. Congrats.

Hollywood!! Front page and everything haha! Show your feature to the wife and explain to her that the money pit is now justified!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back