1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

1998 Eagle Talon TSi AWD street build

Posted by charles greene, Nov 30, 2016

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI
  1. charles greene

charles greene Proven Member

Joined Dec 29, 2014
    Morristown, Tennessee
    So I received a small 16G from a member on here yesterday in the mail. Here are some before and after pictures of it and some other parts that I've received recently or had stowed away. Afterall, I want this car to be aesthetically pleasing as well as a good performer! I'm still working on sanding and polishing the compressor housing so I'll post up pictures when it's all done! image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Street Build 1K  2

1998 Eagle Talon TSi
    awd · manual · 2G DSM
  2. charles greene

Joined Dec 29, 2014
    Morristown, Tennessee
    Well here's a rough idea of what the turbo setup is looking like now. I have a fresh set of turbo hardware on its way to me so that'll finish the look off well I think. image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Last edited: Apr 8, 2018

Street Build 1K  2

1998 Eagle Talon TSi
    awd · manual · 2G DSM
  3. charles greene

Joined Dec 29, 2014
    Morristown, Tennessee
    Picked up used lightweight flywheel to replace my damaged one. One part closer to getting this engine package back together!

Street Build 1K  2

1998 Eagle Talon TSi
    awd · manual · 2G DSM
  4. charles greene

Joined Dec 29, 2014
    Morristown, Tennessee
    I figured while I was waiting on parts and whatnot, I'd give the transmission a looking at and a good clean. I knew the transmission was maybe a little dirty from daily use or whatever, but oh my god this thing was NASTY. Below I've posted some pictures AFTER 5 hours of tediously cleaning the thing with brake cleaner, a microfiber rag, and a pick. There may be an easier way to do this but there's so much crap in the smallest places all over this trans I have to use a pick to loosen it up first. I vow to never let any part of my car get this nasty ever again (even though it isn't my fault this time). Onwards and upwards I suppose. image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Street Build 1K  2

1998 Eagle Talon TSi
    awd · manual · 2G DSM