The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

14b on 2g max boost?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

97fwdtsitalon

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 17, 2004
greenspring, West_Virginia
what is the max boost i can run without hurting anything with no fuel upgrades? thanks for any help.

drew

I personaly wouldn't recommend going over 15-16psi without a fuel pump.

15 psi should keep you plenty safe until you add injectors and a fuel pump. Some people may opt to go a little higher, but why risk it?

Hope that helps,

Andy

I believe that im running 18-21lbs on my 2g without any supporting mods. I know this because I hit fuel cut at 5000-5500. BTW, i use it for daily driving, and I rarely go WOT. As long as Im not hitting fuel cut, i should be safe i hope? My MBC is being put on this weekend.

i fuel cut when i creep to 20. :mad: creep sucks. i would say 15 would be the tops i would go with no supporting mods.

If you run home brew race gas or H2O injection you can run more boost with stock injectors.

Yeah I'm curious as well but I'm also concerned about the SMIC, I've seen vertGST's dyno pic in his gallery (http://www.dsmtuners.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=33339&password=0&sort=1&cat=500&page=1) and he made 240fwhp with bolt-ons at 17psi but it says his SMIC was heatsoaked. I'm supposed to be getting my 14b soon as well and I hope to make around the same horsepower, just concerned with the SMIC and my clutch slipping when I make that much power.

The SMIC isn't the problem. I run 19psi on pump with the stock SMIC and a Big 16G, however I also have a Walbro 190 and 550's installed (zero knock on 16 degrees of timing). While charge air temperature is a factor in contributing to knock and power loss, the quickest way to eat a motor is to overboost it without adequate fuel. However, as you go larger in your turbo selection, there's only so much fuel you can add before the intercooler becomes a restriction (more airflow means more cooling efficiency is needed).

As an example, if you went with a larger pump and injectors (note that a 255 is not necessary for a 14B or 16G), you could likely push 18-20psi without issue. Your issue is all about fuel. FYI, on the dyno, an intercooler will heatsoak quickly because the fans they use don't come close to the airflow you'd naturally receive at 60-70 MPH.

Hope that helps,

Andy

Zexell said:
I believe that im running 18-21lbs on my 2g without any supporting mods. I know this because I hit fuel cut at 5000-5500. BTW, i use it for daily driving, and I rarely go WOT. As long as Im not hitting fuel cut, i should be safe i hope? My MBC is being put on this weekend.

You believe you are running that much? Ouch, get a boost gauge bro so you don't have to guess anymore!

I run 16psi i have a fuel pump but i am running stock injectors tuned with an afc 2 it runs great....well most of the time

I have a Walbro190 but running stock injectors, I hope to be able to run at most 18psi.

Like I said, 18psi daily driven on stock everything.

My freinds auto GST would spike and 20psi without any fuel mods, and hed only hit fuel cut when he's really really low on gas.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back