The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

12.847 @ 105.61 of 14b Powa!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StreetThisDSM

15+ Year Contributor
Apr 29, 2004
Barberton, Ohio
Well got a few new toys put on her and went back up to the track. Here are my results:

1.711 - 60 foot
5.264 - 330 foot
8.190 - 1/8 ET
84.92 - 1/8 MPH
10.702 - 1000 foot
12.847 - 1/4 ET
105.61 - 1/4 MPH

Link to video: http://www.yeahdawg.com/MX6/12.8Talon.mpg

List of what all is done:

- STT ported 14b
- Open STT 3" downpipe
- K & N drop in w/ hacked can
- Apexi S-AFC II
- Free Mods
- Hallman MBC set at 19-20 psi
- KYB AGX Struts
- Eibach Springs

I am VERY happy with the results. I am still running basically all stock parts. This run was made with FULL interior and a little race gas mixed in with 93 octane. I got zero knock too. I have a o2 housing w/ external dump waiting to go on, and the new Slowboy Racing exhaust manifold is next on the list :)

Enjoy!!

NOSLO2PT0 said:
How did you cut a 1.71 60' on a stock clutch and a full weight car? 6000rpm and sidestep it?

6000 rpm clutch dump :)

do you use your SAFC to read knock since you are a 1g? That was one amazing run you got there... Im interested in how you tuned your car becuase I have a good friend that has a 92 TSI AWD 5spd, and has the exact same mods you do minus the SAFC. We put in 5 gallons of 110 octane and had his MBC set @ 19 psi and the best time we could come up with was a 13.6 LOL with a 1.8 60 ft. So we got pissed opened up his bottle (50shot) and managed a 12.9 LOL. how did you tune that thing?????!!!!!!!!

DSMSpyder99 said:
nice run but i have never seen a track that steeps so much downhill

LOL everyone says that. Its a NHRA approved track , etc....There isn't much room to slow down there. So the track slants upwards like crazy at the end. That and where it was video taped from makes it look that way. I could go run at Norwalk Raceway, but its a bit longer of a drive. But I'd probably pull better times there. O well though :)

This run was at www.dragway42.com

Turbo Monk3y said:
do you use your SAFC to read knock since you are a 1g? That was one amazing run you got there... Im interested in how you tuned your car becuase I have a good friend that has a 92 TSI AWD 5spd, and has the exact same mods you do minus the SAFC. We put in 5 gallons of 110 octane and had his MBC set @ 19 psi and the best time we could come up with was a 13.6 LOL with a 1.8 60 ft. So we got pissed opened up his bottle (50shot) and managed a 12.9 LOL. how did you tune that thing?????!!!!!!!!

Yes its set to read knock, but so is my logger. I use my logger to tune my S-AFC.

what about a fuel pump? plugs wires any of the stuff? how much tuning on the afc did you have to do to get that??? that time with that small of a mod list is amazing, have you ran it on 93?

pianoman said:
what about a fuel pump? plugs wires any of the stuff? how much tuning on the afc did you have to do to get that??? that time with that small of a mod list is amazing, have you ran it on 93?

Stock fuel pump, stock, wires, etc...Im running NGK 7's, instead of the 6's. Whats in my mod list is what I have done :)

The AFC took about 30 minutes to tune while driving up to the track. I just kept playing with it till everything looked good.

No I have not run it on 93. I like running with race gas because I get zero knock and the car runs great. Less to worry about while beating on it.

yes on pump, but if you use race gas you can turn the boost up. since race gas is more "concentrated" you need more air to even it out.

Congratulations on the times! :thumb: I just realized those times are nearly identical to my best time last year on the 14B as well>

1/8th [email protected]
1/4 [email protected]

Unported 1G o2 housing, exhaust mani, 14B@22psi
stock smic, suspension, tires

I hope to improve on these next month at Battle of the Imports with my new setup.

Wow, thats sweet. I cant wait to get a couple things done to my car and get to our track. Its only 1/8th mi track though. My buddy has a 99 Z28 and he thinks I dont stand a chance. His best run is 8.8X. I cant wait...he's underestmating my little 4 banger.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back