The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Where are all the 1990 GSX OEM Alternators?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

It's going to be no different than a 91-94 alternator. I wouldn't worry too much about OEM on this, either. You may go through 2-3 units before finding a "good" one at a parts store but alternators aren't the most difficult things to change in these cars.

If you're really concerned, have yours rebuilt by a starter / alternator shop.

Google Mitsubishi OEM parts. Tons of parts sites. Been a while, but I'd always used an online site for a dealer in FL. Might have been Tallahassee Mitsubishi?
Be smart. Put another new OEM unit on. It'll last another 100K-150K miles.

I used to keep replacing alternator on my 1g with many used units or remans, I even tried one from famous shop. I was so sick of it. It didn't matter if I made it kept away from the heat or PS leak, anyways its cheap voltage regulator died or poor soldering got cracked in some weeks, at the best some months, at the worst just in a couple of days.
What I did is just replace the voltage regulator with a Mitsubishi one and reinforced the soldering part (The green part) by myself. I have never replaced the alternator for many years since then.
Luckily we can still get the 1g OEM regulator separately and it's not expensive.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I used to keep replacing alternator on my 1g with many used units or remans, I even tried one from famous shop. I was so sick of it. It didn't matter if I made it kept away from the heat or PS leak, anyways its cheap voltage regulator died or poor soldering got cracked in some weeks, at the best some months, at the worst just in a couple of days.
What I did is just replace the voltage regulator with a Mitsubishi one and reinforced the soldering part (The green part) by myself. I have never replaced the alternator for many years since then.
Luckily we can still get the 1g OEM regulator separately and it's not expensive.
Where can I find an oem regulator like the one in your picture?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back