The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Tint Removal [Merged 12-7] removing film taking off scraping

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ahhhh screw those tix! keep the tint! i got a ticket for my tint... 95 bux took it to court showed i got it removed and then and got it tinted green.. but i dont care if i get a ticket again... im stickin with the tint! heh

i actually got off clean. They were a little dark, but the gave cut me some slaxk and wrote down that they were leagal. Just gotta rock these little yellow stickers in the corners,no big deal. as far as the ticket goes, i guess just send a copy of the DMV form showing they're legal to the court and they should nolly it. so yeah.

Lastnight I got my 2nd tint ticket and am now going to remove it,
any pointers/procedure in removing the tint would be appreicated. thx

Originally posted by mwatkins
razor blade, rubbing alchohol and a beer

With a hair dryer, or low temp heat gun to boot...Its how I took mine off...Just replaced the beer with Jagermiester...

They sell a solution for taking tint off. Pep Boys, Autozone, even Wal Mart I think has it. I haven't used it but that in conjunction with a razor blade sounds like a solid bet.

My friend used nail polish remover to remove his tints and he said it was perty easy.

The GST i bought has cracking/bubbling purple tint on the windows.

How much am I looking at for getting it removed and putting new tint on? Any ideas?

around here it is 150 for getting it installed, as for the removal i would do it yourself it is pretty ez, all you need is a razor blade to get it started and then just gently remove it. to clean it up i used a razor blade

dunno if id wanna try that myself on the back window. with the rear defrostor. could be pretty costy if u make a mistake.

I would remove the tint yourself. WallyWorld sells a removal spray for like $2-$3 and it cleans it well no blades needed or anything. Don't waste money for them to take it off. I dunno where you are located but around here in md you can get a good tint job for like $109 lifetime warranty.

What is there site. Wallyworld.com sure isnt. i found out the hardway. :barf:

Originally posted by g0tEclipseD
What is there site. Wallyworld.com sure isnt. i found out the hardway. :barf:

Lol!!! Sorry it's a KnickName for WalMart :p

ARGH DAMMIT! WallyWorld didn't have any of that spray stuff and I didn't think about steaming it off.......... it was bubbling and everything so it wouldn't just peel off so I had to scrape it off....... yup there went the defrost in the back =/ that was a bummer LOL

Can u rent a steamer at any shop? Do you have any idea how much it might cost...? When you steam it......will it just melt/peel off? Any razor blading needED?

Also - can u just use a razor blade on the other windows? or would you just recommend steaming those too?

Does anyone have any remedies for removing old tint. its not bubbling and it doesnt peel. i just dont wanna get any chemicals on my leather seats.

warm water and windex with a scoure pad...wont scratch window either! oh yah beer and profanity...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back