The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

Removing Stickers and tape [Merged 2-7]

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
the goo-gone doesnt melt anything, the combo of it and the high heat MIGHT...it didnt for me, but on the bottle it says to keep away from heat. :thumb:

make sure you don't use a razor blade.. that can F*ck up your paint quickly if you slip... but a hair dryer and your fingernails work fine

and "Ooops remover" or "goof off" works well to remove the sticky glue once you have it off

Finger nails and goof off after the sticker is off. NO RAZOR BLADE!

DONT USE A RAZOR BLADE

I used goof off, a blow dryer, and floss. I got frusterated on the "Mitsubishi" sticker, I was using goof off that wasn't working, so I took a blade and got it off but my dumb ass scratched my paint.

Goof off disolves paint too, not noticable but when u whipe it off, you have paint from the car on the rag. Just lettin ya know

Yeah, I used goof off, some paper towels, and my fingernails. I'll put a pic up later today of what the trunk lip looks like now. Nick, you'll see it Friday. Sucks I can only spend Friday there.....

You can use a hair dryer and your fingernails. While I was working at a car lot we used WD 40 and that disolved the left over glue and didnt mess up the paint at all. The only problem is that unless you wash the car after you do it, dust will stick to where the WD 40 is at. No problems with taking off paint or making it lighter or anything.

what products/method would be best for removing the "turbo intercooler" stickers and the badges? I'm affraid I'm gonna mess up the paint. Thanks

alot of people take off their stickers to find out that their car was a different color originally. so anything under the sticker wasnt painted

If you go to your local body shop supplier there is a soft wheel that you put in a drill and it takes the stickers right off without even fazing the paint. My father is a body man so thats where i learned it from. It works awesome i even took my taillight badges off with it. I wouldnt try pealing them it never works:thumb:

Originally posted by VexRacing
If you go to your local body shop supplier there is a soft wheel that you put in a drill and it takes the stickers right off without even fazing the paint. My father is a body man so thats where i learned it from. It works awesome i even took my taillight badges off with it.

What kind of soft wheel? You should specify. People are going to start damaging their paint if you do not give the precise info. :thumb:

Originally posted by VexRacing
I wouldnt try pealing them it never works

Negative.

I used tree sap/glue remover for autos + credit card edge, worked like a charm. No scratches. I have no stickers, nor the stripe decals on my car anymore. Warming up will help.

Don't forget the paint will be brighter under the sticker, so it might stand out a little. Especially on older cars.

i used a razor blade, and some strong adhesive remover.. you gotta be carefull with the blade though, or else you'll cut into your paint!

good ideas, a lot I hadn't thought of. More info on the soft wheel though.

Originally posted by ph3r3d
i used a razor blade, and some strong adhesive remover.. you gotta be carefull with the blade though, or else you'll cut into your paint!

This is what I did with goo gone. The trick is to keep the surface wet and go slow. If you try to hurry you WILL scratch the paint.

what product easily removes the stickers from the cars

turbo sticker
AWD sticker
twin cam sticker....i cant figure it out

I dont know the exact name of the wheel but the body shop supplier will know what your talking about. Goo gone is terrible it always screws the paint over. I wouldnt use anything but that wheel. I will try and find out what it is called for you thou.

hair dryer to remove the vynal .. 3m makes stuff that works well to remove the adhesive. 3m adheasive remover i think its calls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back