The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Removing Stickers and tape [Merged 2-7]

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JEREMY LORD

Probationary Member
Oct 7, 2002
LARGO, Florida
what would you reccomend for taking the side stickers by the vent and the rear stickers off, i dont want dumb honda people knowing i have an awd and i hate when people ask questions about it, i want it to be a mystery:D since most people dont look to see the diff. i was thinkin some kind of solution, but i want to be confident it doesn't take paint or clear coat off a white car thanks

will the hair dryer work on the pinstripes? they're really faded on parts, but really bright on other parts

Yeah as stated above. Hair dryer and goo gone works wonders. ;) Also a credit card will help to peal the badges off.

3m makes adheasive remover that works well - plan on being able to see a color diff on the paint were the sticker was. your entire car will be faded while under the sticker will not.

i took the all the graphics i had on my car off. i used a library card, and some strong citrus cleaner from my local graphics dude. it was like $13 a bottle. i did however see where they were and a little yellowish tint since they have been on there so long. i scrubbed it till it was almost gone since i am getting it painted in about 2 weeks. i just didn't want to drive around lookin all ghetto.

I took my pinstripes and my mitsubishi and the RS stickers all of with a hair dryer to get the actual sticker of, i would heat up a section and take a credit card hold it perpindicular to it and scrape right across, and to take off the sticky spots i used some sort of goo remover and a towel.. my pinstripe was faded in some parts as well, and just a word of advise it is easier to take off the pinstripe that looks new, the faded parts are a PITA!!

GOO GONE is amazing. its what i used..and the library card is really good. i tried to use those for the pinstripes on my car but they didn't work for that but they did for the badges. i got the pinstripesoff but there is a sticky residue still onmy car and dirt just sticks to it. what should i use to get it off???

there is some stuff at walmart that is like a "Goo be gone" but a little different.. put some of that on a rag and rub the spot until it comes off.. that is what i did..

i work at a dealership and have to take those stickers off all the time. use a hair dryer/ heat gun on low to take the sticker off. to get the sticky off we have this stuff in a can from ACE hardware it's called Paint prepsal i think they changed the name last time i was there. That stuff is strong so make sure you wipe it off after you use it. If your clear coat gets a dull look to it just wax over that area, and then it looks normal.
Good luck man

Perpall-prepsol-Any kind of paint prep would eat it off, Just rub and wax over it to seal the paint back up, Last night DSMED peeled his stickers off the back of his car with a heat gun and didnt even think to clean up with prepsol.

Heat gun, just don't melt your body panels. You don't need any special cleaner, just a rag and some heat. Then you can wax right over it when you are done.

How about a 96 Talon. On the rear bumper. Thier not stickers. It's badging. How do you take that off?

ok i got all the stickers off, i love it, i used a heat gun and a credit card, i have a white car and there is a noticable white spot where the stickers were, can someone help me on ideas to match it to the rest of the faded car!, just good ol buffing or what??

I just took off the decal that was on the front of my hood. Use a heat gun on low heat (too hot and you'll bubble your paint), and push the decal with plastic like a creditcard or someting. I used 3m fine grain rubbing compound and high gloss wax on my hood when I was done. You can't even tell it was on my car and it's been on there for four years.

i want to remove the gst sticker on the back is there a specail way of doing this?

thanks guys

you could use a hairdryer, a washcloth, a razor blade/fingernail, and some GOO-GONE...thats what i did, it works good, but DO NOT use the goo-gone before usin the hairdryer on it...or it will either burn or melt...i dont know this from experience, but i have heard it before

is it thesticker or the emblem?!??!?!...if its the emblem wrapp the embem in cloth so you dont scratch the paint and use a screwdriver and pry it off and it only takes 10-15 secs

if its the sticker they make some certain scraper type things that wont damage your paint i used the scraper on a wax removing kit but you could also try getting it warm to kinda melt the glue and peeling it off by hand

I work in a large detail shop and we have to do this all the time for dealership stickers.

Take a credit card/library card sorta thing. Solid plastic. Clean the area real well. Work the card in behind the badge, and pry it off with a screwdriver, keeping the tip on the plastic card and away from the paint.

Then GOoOoO-gone or similar to remove the sticky stuff left behind.

lastly, slap some wax back on there or better yet, have it polished by a qualified professional. That way you wont see where it was.

^^he is talkin about the stickers, not the dealerships emblems

my way is PROBABLY the easiest, and the safest way to do it

heat each letter for about 10 seconds, then scratch it off, since yours is a 2g, it should come off easier than mine, and mine werent hard at all to get off. then goo-gone it after you get the letters off

then wipe it clean, and after it dries, wash it good and then polish/wax it.

instead of using goo gone, you could use nail polish remover... it wont melt it or anything......

i removed mine by heating it then just using my finger nail, then putting the nail polish remover on it to get the sticky stuff off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back