The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Removing Stickers and tape [Merged 2-7]

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The waxed dental floss works pretty good too. I was fresh-out of the floss when I got to removing the badging, so I used a screwdriver from an eyeglass kit. I scratched paint some, but then again she's overdue for a repaint. :D

I used the tiny screwdriver for the 1g '16v dohc....' stickers, but it drove me up a wall. It took 4 days to take two stickers off.

SnoopySLR said:
Try heating whatever your taking off with a heat gun. A hair dryer will work also. Just don't get it so hot it burns the paint. Then take a piece of string, wire, dentle floss or whatever and use it to pull it off. Swipe the string underneath it. Use a natural adhesive remover. I've heard of GooGone taking clear coat off.

yup that works real well. i use a heat gun to remove stickers and usually use whatever kind of cleaner i can find afterwards and scrub the sticky stuff off.
good luck :thumb:

I bought a carbon fiber hood recently and it has a big huge sticker on it. Do you guys think its okay to use a hair drier to heat up the sticker and remove it? Will that damage the CF? or should I just take my time and peel it off then use compound to buff it out?

I'm sure just peeling & buffing would do the trick - but consider the fact that its a HOOD, and therefore will be exposed to very high temperatures anyway, I think the CF should be fine.

use lighter fluid.
1. wet the whole sticker
2. useinf something that will not scratch (fingernail, plastic scraper) get a corner of the sticker up.
3. while spraying fluid in the area between the sticker and the hood, pull the sticker back.

it will come off quick and easy. use a cloth damp with fluid to wipe off any remaning adhesive. the fluid ( Naphtha ) evaporates quickly.
do not do this with an open flame nearby - no smokeing !

go to walmart, kmart or any of those stores and ask an associate for sticker remover, i forgot the name of it, but its some gooey stuff that looks like liquid wax, u just put it on a wet rag and rub and the sticker comes off like paper. no sticky nasty after it either, i took about 10 bumper stickers off the back of my car when i bought it and had half the bottle left then gave to a friend. should cost less than 3-4$

a hair dyer worked wonders for me! :thumb: just heat the shit out of it then it comes off like nothin

didn't it use to have the whole kit til you converted it to the 2gb front? if it had the whole kit it wouldnt be so bad it would look like a sponsored care even though we know that bomex wont sponsor any of us :cry: LOL

this is good stuff

Attachments

• autobodymagic_1800_777297.jpg
    autobodymagic_1800_777297.jpg
    2 KB · Views: 191
I find heating them up with a heat gun works great, just start heating up the sticker and pull off.

ummm well if u take off your stickers, that means u wont go as fast anymore :D

what can i use to remove double sided tape from car without harming paint

will goof off hurt the paint

I need advice how to get rid of it the MI is halfway gone and its beginning to look like....just wondering if anyone did it and know how to do it clean..another thing is where the MI was its turned a weird black color im assuming its from the glue all i know is i want it all gone so heres the pic of it
You must be logged in to view this image or video.
:dsm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back