The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

Removing Frozen Wiper Arms [Merged 9-8] arm wipers windshield stuck taking off

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I recently came across some used windshield wiper arms because the old driver side arm was stripped. I decided to sand them, paint em', and install them. Well the driver side popped right off but the passenger side wont budge. Its rusted to the bolt coming through the trim. I soaked it in WD40 and some other grease/ rust removal. Nothing works. Got any advice to rip that little mother off? :banghead:

Thanks,
Ian

elbow grease and a breaker bar.

The breaker bar is only used for removing a rusted or stuck nuts from a bolt(correct me if i'm wrong :coy:) . I need to remove the actual wiper arm from the bolt coming from under the plastic trim.

So, you already removed the nut but the arm is frozen in place? Maybe try PB blaster or Seafoam Deep and a pry bar? Let the liquid set long enough and be careful not the break anything.

So, you already removed the nut but the arm is frozen in place? Maybe try PB blaster or Seafoam Deep and a pry bar? Let the liquid set long enough and be careful not the break anything.

ya i let it soak for about 30 min and used pry bars. im now gonna let it soak for the rest of the night and tommorrow and then go at it again. If it doesnt work im gonna head down to midas, minicken????, or dobb and let them go at it.

The way I remove them is to lift the wiper up like you're changing a blade or cleaning the windshield. Then grab the vertical portion near the bottom and wiggle it back and forth. This works better than just trying to pull up on the arm when it's in the down position.

The way I remove them is to lift the wiper up like you're changing a blade or cleaning the windshield. Then grab the vertical portion near the bottom and wiggle it back and forth. This works better than just trying to pull up on the arm when it's in the down position.

tried that too and the sucker is stuck. its rediculous, i was at it for 3 hours today!!! LOL its crazy

I've had the same issue with the teeth on both the wiper arm and the motor being stripped. It seems to be luck of the draw. Sometimes you will work at a blade for 45 minutes with no luck, but you come back a day later and it pops off first try. I'm to the point where if I have to replace them again, I will be buying new gears (if at all possible) or just replacing everything so they are fresh. Its not worth the hassle!

try to soak it a much as you can for the next 24 hrs. then take a small hammer, tap the top and try to pry it up.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back