The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

2G Throttle cable adjustment help

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shanehardy

Probationary Member
Dec 25, 2021
Meridan, Idaho
Hey guys first time poster here - I have a ‘95 gs-t with a few mods. Has a built bottom end, balance shaft delete, act 6 puck clutch, 16g cxracing turbo (i know it’s a pos), ngr bov, fmic, and emissions delete.

I just converted my originally cruise control cable to a non cruise cable I bought from rock auto - part #CA-8919. Since installing, the throttle cable is extremely sensitive and it causes my idle to be all over the place. When in the drivers seat, I will give it some gas say to 3k rpm. It will stay at 3k for a short second before very slowly coming back down to normal idle. Sometimes when the engine is decelerating back down the throttle cable will recede far enough that the throttle body closes and the car shuts off. When I adjust the cable with the two screws accordingly, and I mean fractions of millimeters, the idle will skyrocket, and when I move it back every so slightly it causes the TB to close and the car will again die. I have not made any adjustments to the BISS but I suspect it can be solved with some adjustment I just am lost and cannot find information. I only have a couple years of dsm’ing.

Any tips or advice is welcome and greatly appreciated.

When its hot it can expand and cause high idle. So once hot loosen the x2 10mm bolts and loosen till a small bit of slack is present.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back