The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

The 14b Drag Race Discussion Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Almost ready!! Just missing my front lug nuts and odyssey battery terminals.

attachment.php

EDIT: I just did the math and the new wheels and tires vs. the old street wheels and tires come out to a weight savings of 95.6 lbs!!! Wow!

Almost ready!! Just missing my front lug nuts and odyssey battery terminals.

attachment.php

EDIT: I just did the math and the new wheels and tires vs. the old street wheels and tires come out to a weight savings of 95.6 lbs!!! Wow!

Unsprung! Thing looks evil! Best of luck!

Unsprung! Thing looks evil! Best of luck!
Thanks Phil! Yes, 95 pounds of rotating mass gone!

Looking good. What size tires are those they look huge?

Thanks Justin! The fronts are 25x8.7x13. Ideally I wanted 24.5's but these came as a set with the Bogarts that I couldn't pass up.

Oh ok that makes sense. Its a 13" wheel that makes them look so big. Was gonna say cause my 26s on 15" wheel dont look so beefy. I dont think youll have any issues hooking with those.

Those a 7-7.5 wide wheel??

Oh ok that makes sense. Its a 13" wheel that makes them look so big. Was gonna say cause my 26s on 15" wheel dont look so beefy. I dont think youll have any issues hooking with those.

Those a 7-7.5 wide wheel??
Yeah, thet are super meaty! 13x8" Bogart Fly-Stars.

Race season ever end in Texas?
For a couple of weeks in December and January :D

I might have crossed over it but what was each wheel and tire weight? I weighed my welds last night after taking out the tubes and running screws and came up with 29lbs each tire wheel weight.

When you hitting the track next?

I might have crossed over it but what was each wheel and tire weight? I weighed my welds last night after taking out the tubes and running screws and came up with 29lbs each tire wheel weight.

When you hitting the track next?

You didn't miss it, it's just all in my Blog: http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/dsm-build-journals/418713-9-eclipse-n-t-turbo-fwd-street-drag-autox-4.html#post153119738. I post everything there if you are interested in subscribing.

The rims weigh about 8.5 lbs each, both the 13x8's and the 15x3's. with the tires mounted and metal valve stems, each front slick/rim is 26 lbs and each skinny/rim is 18.6.

I'm going to try to hit the track this Friday. I still need my front lug nuts to come in and my Odyssey battery terminals. Also I'm trying to find someone local with a trailer or dolly I can borrow so I don't have to change all 4 wheels when I get there and when I leave.

You didn't miss it, it's just all in my Blog: http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/dsm-build-journals/418713-9-eclipse-n-t-turbo-fwd-street-drag-autox-4.html#post153119738. I post everything there if you are interested in subscribing.

The rims weigh about 8.5 lbs each, both the 13x8's and the 15x3's. with the tires mounted and metal valve stems, each front slick/rim is 26 lbs and each skinny/rim is 18.6.

I'm going to try to hit the track this Friday. I still need my front lug nuts to come in and my Odyssey battery terminals. Also I'm trying to find someone local with a trailer or dolly I can borrow so I don't have to change all 4 wheels when I get there and when I leave.

Subscribed sir :thumb:

Im jealous I really like your wheel tire combo. Looking forward to your track results to.

Got 365lbs to go LOL.
My initial goal was 2200 which is now just 85 lbs away and I still have full doors including the speakers, all glass, stock gas tank, full exhaust, working power steering, automatic seat belts, and both stock front seats. I think I'll be able to blow my goal out of the water!

Really interested to see the difference in trap speed since you lost so much rotating weight.
Me too!

My initial goal was 2200 which is now just 85 lbs away and I still have full doors including the speakers, all glass, stock gas tank, full exhaust, working power steering, automatic seat belts, and both stock front seats. I think I'll be able to blow my goal out of the water!

2200 lb. street cars are alot of fun. These days they are all tipping the scales over 3000 - GTI, Speed 3, Focus ST etc.

No kidding, new cars are pigs! Considering the dsm was a pig when it was new, it's pretty impressive how light we are getting them. I've been hacking away at mine finding little bits of weight here and there, finished the engine bay chassis wiring harness yesterday. Finally picked up a spot weld cutter from harbor freight and tackled alot of miscellaneous brackets and continued the door hacking. Today if I find the time I want to finish the wiring project with the engine harness, should be another 2-3 lbs. there. The harness stuff hasn't been as scary as I thought it would be, and I should have about 15 lbs. total out of the car on wiring alone. Not bad for a car that is staying streetable.

Well anything turbocharged are porkers anyway! Nice man! My project is super slow going...I think I dropped a pound off the car over the last month...or so:rocks:

You still work on that thing Phil??

Looks like everyone's goin on a diet these days.

What weight oil are most of you using? I'm thinkin I might stop using the 20-50 that's in the car for something lighter. Maybe free up a couple hp.

Why so heavy? That's what I used to break-in my motors that I've built on my DSMs and my Evo, but not for day to day operation.

Why so heavy? That's what I used to break-in my motors that I've built on my DSMs and my Evo, but not for day to day operation.

Well originally there was a 40R bolted on and then my 6262. So it still had the oil in it from the last time I had the 6262 bolted on. Strictly a track car and loose engine.

You still work on that thing Phil??

Looks like everyone's goin on a diet these days.

What weight oil are most of you using? I'm thinkin I might stop using the 20-50 that's in the car for something lighter. Maybe free up a couple hp.

Very rarely to be honest. It hasn't been a priority for a long time, even before I hit 11's. Life changes. Anyway, I have been working on it, but it's a slow process as my time is very limited. My car was on a diet more than a decade ago, I've always been into weight reduction. Never used anything but Mobil 1 Synthetic 10-30W in my talon. If I ever rebuilt the engine I'd run Amsoil from that point on. I've used Royal Purple in some of my other cars and it's worked very well.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back