The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

The 14b Drag Race Discussion Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bumping this thread to get it going again, chasing 14b numbers myself so will be using this thread often as a quick reference. Dsm profile is up to date per what parts I’m using as well as just started a build thread (years later but better late than never I guess they say)
Well I’ll help out here. After pushing the 14b hard on my race car, I decided I wanted to mess around with one on a street car. Pretty much starting from scratch.

Now that I have a 14b bolted up to a running street car I’ll be posting in here more often. I have a small update on how I ran last night.

I took my auto awd that previously ran 13.5@98 on the 13g and bolted on a clipped 14b in an E3 7cm turbine and a fmic since stock was pretty done on the 13g and I knew I’ll need one anyways. Pretty much was on gate pressure all night. Small amount of creep up to 13.1 in the mid range but drops back down to gate pressure by like 6-6500.

In order I ran:
1. 14.90@93
2. 14.80@96
3. 14.59@95
4. 14.59@94
5. 14.36@97
Was trying to learn my way around the launch strategy since I’m still fairly new to these autos. If you can see I started getting it figured out after every pass.

This is just a start for me and I’ll be messing around with this project quite a bit. I know a lot of this is stuff guys already have done over the last 20+ years but it’s one thing that I can do to keep my mind busy and also get out and have some fun. I’ve got a laundry list of parts I plan on trying so I’ll try to keep updated here as much as I can.

Well I’ll help out here. After pushing the 14b hard on my race car, I decided I wanted to mess around with one on a street car. Pretty much starting from scratch.

Now that I have a 14b bolted up to a running street car I’ll be posting in here more often. I have a small update on how I ran last night.

I took my auto awd that previously ran 13.5@98 on the 13g and bolted on a clipped 14b in an E3 7cm turbine and a fmic since stock was pretty done on the 13g and I knew I’ll need one anyways. Pretty much was on gate pressure all night. Small amount of creep up to 13.1 in the mid range but drops back down to gate pressure by like 6-6500.

In order I ran:
1. 14.90@93
2. 14.80@96
3. 14.59@95
4. 14.59@94
5. 14.36@97
Was trying to learn my way around the launch strategy since I’m still fairly new to these autos. If you can see I started getting it figured out after every pass.

This is just a start for me and I’ll be messing around with this project quite a bit. I know a lot of this is stuff guys already have done over the last 20+ years but it’s one thing that I can do to keep my mind busy and also get out and have some fun. I’ve got a laundry list of parts I plan on trying so I’ll try to keep updated here as much as I can.
Justin! Glad to see you chime in, I’ve decided to exit the wonderful world of social media so I had been wondering about your progress on this. However life has happened and I need to slow down a bit and take a more mellow direction with my car as doing a full blown race car just isn’t in the cards for me at this point. With that being said I still have my fresh 14b from Justin Whitesell here and raring to go, but I’ll be keeping things a bit more street car as I plan to push it while still relying on it to haul me to work and back next season. I think I may have had my first mid life crisis and want to daily my car one last time and relive the high school days, but pushing what I have is still a part of that plan while trailering the car to and from the track isn’t feasible right now. I plan to still go as far with it as I can before getting into something else, and still leaning towards one of his billet 18g’s when that time comes but we’re quite a ways off from that.

Good to see some action on here!
What kind of lb/min have you guys logged? My smart car has been capped at 29 lb/min forever. I dont really care as the car is too sketchy anyways but id like to know why. Its probably just all that intercooler piping

Good to see some action on here!
What kind of lb/min have you guys logged? My smart car has been capped at 29 lb/min forever. I dont really care as the car is too sketchy anyways but id like to know why. Its probably just all that intercooler piping
Oh and im building another car just to try for a 10.99 on the 6cm. The smart car could do it, i dont doubt it. It has done 11.58@115, its just very scary to do passes in. I might have said all this already sorry if i have plan is to mid engine swap my 1981 dodge colt. It should be about 2000 lbs my guess finished. Its something that ive wanted to do ever since i first started testing the smart car and seen how effective it is

Justin! Glad to see you chime in, I’ve decided to exit the wonderful world of social media so I had been wondering about your progress on this. However life has happened and I need to slow down a bit and take a more mellow direction with my car as doing a full blown race car just isn’t in the cards for me at this point. With that being said I still have my fresh 14b from Justin Whitesell here and raring to go, but I’ll be keeping things a bit more street car as I plan to push it while still relying on it to haul me to work and back next season. I think I may have had my first mid life crisis and want to daily my car one last time and relive the high school days, but pushing what I have is still a part of that plan while trailering the car to and from the track isn’t feasible right now. I plan to still go as far with it as I can before getting into something else, and still leaning towards one of his billet 18g’s when that time comes but we’re quite a ways off from that.
Ya this auto car I’m messing with will stay 100% street car. It’s been since 2003 the last time I ran a 14b on a real street car. So having one now is a lot of fun. Plus I get to get a ton of data for my fwd. See what I can really do with this turbo.

Oh and im building another car just to try for a 10.99 on the 6cm. The smart car could do it, i dont doubt it. It has done 11.58@115, its just very scary to do passes in. I might have said all this already sorry if i have plan is to mid engine swap my 1981 dodge colt. It should be about 2000 lbs my guess finished. Its something that ive wanted to do ever since i first started testing the smart car and seen how effective it is

10.99 on the 6cm and be done. If I’m not mistaken Joe B. Made his passes with the 6cm. I was going to but didn’t have a good one laying around so found me a nice e3 7cm to run.

2000lb 14b is enough to run the numbers I ran. Very interested to see your results.

Well i found a cheap good condition pontiac acadian so I decided not to mid engine swap my other colt. Its unfortunately extremely heavy at 2250 lbs, full interior both bumpers etc. so 100-150 more than the smart car. So far so good its winter here in sask so obviously not chasing 10s anytime soon it did 13.5 letting off at 80 mph or so. Its making all the boost , completely uncontrollable so i think im just going to swap on my 10cm t3 turbine housing. Im interested to see what kind of lb/min a 14b does with it

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Ya this auto car I’m messing with will stay 100% street car. It’s been since 2003 the last time I ran a 14b on a real street car. So having one now is a lot of fun. Plus I get to get a ton of data for my fwd. See what I can really do with this turbo.

You ever get it figured out? I’ve run 12.9’s on a 14B auto. Stock everything except 14B swap, rewired FP, race gas, and a MBC @ 22lbs. Lol. Ignorance of youth but it worked. Ran much better with supporting mods.

Not a lot of activity in this thread these days, so thought I would add something I recently found from when I was actively in the 14b race. Bear in mind the video is from 20+ years ago. But still fun to see and reminisce about those days. I believe I was doing some shakedowns as I was still dialing in my MAF-T.
1.63 - 60 ft
5.07 - 330 ft
7.90 - 1/8 ET
87.26 - 1/8 MPH
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back