The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

The 14b Drag Race Discussion Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Well my service sucks an I'm driving back but I will say real fast that everyone on the list except joe got bumped a spot. On my last pass I got word the DA was 5950ft and the car trapped 120. I'll post more info when I get home.

Sorry it took so long, stopped for drinks on the way back and the hei module in my truck overheated and we were stuck til I cooled.

So I got 7 passes today all in the 11s.

Pass off the trailer:
1. [email protected] with 1.744 60'
2. [email protected] with 1.776 60'
3. [email protected] with 1.665 60'
4. [email protected] with 1.694 60'
5. [email protected] with 1.759 60'
6. [email protected] with 1.658 60' missed 4th
7. [email protected] with 1.663

Before my last pass I was informed the DA was 5950. No matter what I did with the boost controller it would hit 22 and drop to 15. The day got hotter after my 3rd pass. I'm very happy with my progress and the first time with the 14b. I know I may never hit the record at this track so I'm gonna try for sac in January. I have a few things to address but very minor stuff and a boost leak test is in order.

Congrats! Makes me want to stick with the FWD setup a bit longer before I convert it back. Not sure if I missed it or you didn't post it previously, but do you have a mod list? What cams? What size slicks? LSD?

Congrats! Makes me want to stick with the FWD setup a bit longer before I convert it back. Not sure if I missed it or you didn't post it previously, but do you have a mod list? What cams? What size slicks? LSD?

Don't think I got to much into detail on the setup. It's a 1G car.

Eagle/weisco 9.0:1 engine
Crower 413 cams
Extrude honed stock mani
Huge fmic
Fp mani
Welded diff in a 2g fwd trans
Act 2600/6-puck solid
24.5x8.5x15 m/t slicks
Very light chassis 2105 with driver

Last edited:
Nice work Justin. I'd be interested in the rest of the breakdown of the 11.36 pass. You have to be very happy with that for a first effort! It's interesting comparing all the little stuff and seeing what worked in setups. There appears to be a bit left in your 60' as well, the better track may help with that. I'm a little confused why after two boost leak tests you're still questioning them though? Or did you not actually get those done? Either way here's the updated list for ya.

1. Joe Bucci 10.876 @ 123.83 FWD
2. Justin Aichele 11.361 @ 121.58 FWD
3. Nate Crisman 11.377 @ 116.63 AWD
4. Phil Beers 11.497 @ 113.85 AWD
5. David Womer 11.514 @ 118.13 AWD
6. Shane Webster 11.541 @ 116.38 AWD
7. Leon Reitman 11.642 @ 116.56 AWD
8. Nick Carleton 11.767 @ 115.93 AWD
9. Aaron Sadorf 11.76 @ 113.37 FWD
10. Lucas English 11.7X @ XXX.X - I know he ran 11.7 and blew up his 14b AWD

Congrats on the time. That thing is moving. If you could get the 60' down in the 1.5x range like Bucci did, that thing would be real close to running 11.0x! Sick!

Nice passes for your first time out, congrats. More proof that weight is key in this equation with those trap speeds.

Nice work Justin. I'd be interested in the rest of the breakdown of the 11.36 pass. You have to be very happy with that for a first effort! It's interesting comparing all the little stuff and seeing what worked in setups. There appears to be a bit left in your 60' as well, the better track may help with that. I'm a little confused why after two boost leak tests you're still questioning them though? Or did you not actually get those done? Either way here's the updated list for ya.

Ok the breakdown is like this:
60' 1.665
330 4.784
1/8 7.299
Mph 98.12
1000 9.509
1/4 11.361
Mph 121.58

Only got my boost leak tests up to 15psi. The seal behind the compressor cover was rock hard and I replaced it. The one behind the compressor is probably just as hard and I'm sure it leaks since I was getting some bubbling in the oil with my leak test. I didnt want to take the compressor wheel off and mess anything up so close to the race. The more the controller went up today the boost wouldn't go any higher. I'd like to get a good test to about 25-30 psi like we tested our 16g car.

Thanks for sharing, sounds solid to me. I'd worry less about the elevation and boost leaks that may or may not be there and just be happy with what you did. Way to go man! There'll be more next time, but enjoy it for what it is right now! :D

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm extremely happy with the day and how the car ran. I'm just already thinkin of what needs to be checked and changed for next time.

Couple questions, since they usually come up and I'm curious anyways. You obviously only have to answer what you want to. Again congrats and I don't mean to act like I'm firing away at you with the questions ha ha!

What did you settle on for launch rpm and shift points?
Did you re-weigh the car? You stated 2100ish with driver a page back and then 2200 here.
Tire pressures?
Timing range?
AFR's? (Q16 right?)
Ambient air temps?

Couple questions, since they usually come up and I'm curious anyways. You obviously only have to answer what you want to. Again congrats and I don't mean to act like I'm firing away at you with the questions ha ha!

What did you settle on for launch rpm and shift points?
Did you re-weigh the car? You stated 2100ish with driver a page back and then 2200 here.
Tire pressures?
Timing range?
AFR's? (Q16 right?)
Ambient air temps?

Leave it up to you to make sure all details are in order.

The weight is 2105. That was a typo. It's fixed now.
Tire pressure I settled for 7psi
Highest timing I saw was 24 degrees no less than 21. Maybe this week I'll post some logs on link so you can go over them.
Afr's 11.8-11.9 range
Im not exactly sure on the temps.

Congratz on the time!

Thanks dave

I'd LOVE to see the logs and lots of pics as well. Dude, congrats, that was an awesome accomplishment to leapfrog the whole field on the first attempt.

Thanks guys.

Kevin I'm running Q16
Nate I about crapped when I seen the first time slip. I'll try to get a couple logs posted up this week when I'm at work on my main computer. I was reviewing the logs last night and I definatly have some wheel spin issues I need to address goin into 2nd and on the launch.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back