The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

T-chargers EVO 3 GT

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
i wish some other vendor would test this turbo other than sbr. They are the only vendor saying they are shit so far. I would like to hear what someone else has to say. Maybe even tc.com. I just......honestly dont trust sbr.

Hey, at least SBR is attempting to shed some light on the subject, whereas all TC has done is put out a possibly inferior product as if it's the real deal with some port work and a flapper mod. I definitely can't trust a vendor that seems to be intentionally misleading it's customers as to what they're really buying.

SpoOLxExO said:
Wrong.

Buschur, RRE, Turbochargers.com, and Slowboy DO NOT sell the "EVOIII GT" (Ripoff turbo)...

They sell the *Real, MHI EVOIII 16g turbocharger...

You guys still following? :confused:

They "added" the "GT" part, to refer that the turbo is already ported and has a wastegate upgrade.

So these "other" guys selling "EVOIII GT's" are not selling MHI turbos. They are selling the chinese clones.

There are two turbos out right now that bear the EVOIII GT name, but only one of them is a real MHI EVOIII, get it? :thumb:

W#ow, read between the lines tough-guy...

Read between the lines |baaahahaa| ha--get it?

Well....

I orderd an Evo III 16g from Buschur last friday, before I knew about the GT thing. As far as I knew all the GT meant was that it was ported with 34mm flapper. After I talked to Martin TheSpeedFactor on AIM and he explained to me that the GT's were chinese knockoffs I emailed buschur and asked if he had any MHI turbos in stock. He wrote back and said "WTH is MHI?" I couldnt believe he didnt know what it was, I told him and he wrote back "I can't believe I didnt know what MHI was, haha."

:|

Anyway before I could do anything else I got an email saying they recieved the new shipment of turbo's in and mine had been shipped out. That was today. So I guess when it gets here I will see what it looks like.

And now that I have read this thread all I want to do is :cry: :cry:

RoasT BeeF said:
Well....

I orderd an Evo III 16g from Buschur last friday, before I knew about the GT thing. As far as I knew all the GT meant was that it was ported with 34mm flapper. After I talked to Martin TheSpeedFactor on AIM and he explained to me that the GT's were chinese knockoffs I emailed buschur and asked if he had any MHI turbos in stock. He wrote back and said "WTH is MHI?" I couldnt believe he didnt know what it was, I told him and he wrote back "I can't believe I didnt know what MHI was, haha."

:|

Anyway before I could do anything else I got an email saying they recieved the new shipment of turbo's in and mine had been shipped out. That was today. So I guess when it gets here I will see what it looks like.

And now that I have read this thread all I want to do is :cry: :cry:

I'm sure who ever replied with WTF is MHI wasn't david. But anyway, like i said before they are not an MHI turbo but instead designed by a company that has made many of the turbos that have done very well in the DSM market so i am not so quick to dismiss them as "$hit" like most have done. It is a new product and while take some time to prove itself but like i have said before they are garunteed for a year.

We are still not selling them until my buddies car hits at least 5k on his and then we'll sit down and rethink it but in all fairness i wouldn't just dismiss it.

prostreetdsmx1 said:
they are not an MHI turbo but instead designed by a company that has made many of the turbos that have done very well in the DSM market so i am not so quick to dismiss them as "$hit"

What turbos have they made that have done well in DSM's? Up until now I thought all the successful turbos were MHI or Garrett or some combination of both.

To me, if it works then sell it.If it's poo then leave it to the Honda guyz to buy them up with their HF manifold setups.Shit when Kumho can out I was like ,who's gonna put them Ho's on there bucket.Now they're everywhere.I seen the turbo in person in RRE shop and I was impressed.Looks good.Wastegate wasn't welded on.Compressor outlet was larger.Who was it with the MISSINFO that RRE doesn't have them?Oh readbetween the lines guy that lives 2000 miles away."If you don't like it,don't look at it."-George Lopez

Personally, I wouldn't trust turbochargers.com as far as I could throw them. Just because you have been around for a while doesn't make you a quality outfit.

The fact is that these blatant copies of the MHI Evo III 16G are much cheaper to buy than the MHI version, yet they are being sold for exactly the same amount as the real deal. Why would anyone want to buy one of these and take such a huge risk when you can get the real thing and know exactly what you are getting?

My MHI Evo III 16G got me into the 11.8s, and 118mph in a full weight 2G. I can guarantee you that a similar setup with another genuine MHI Evo III 16G tuned the same way will get you the same results. Hell, I'm going to go out on an egotistical limb here and say that my results with the turbo is probably what sold so many of these things in the first place! Will a "GT" get you there? I have no idea. Will a GT pump out 30psi spikes and 25psi repeatedly without blowing up? Again, no idea. Will a GT push 44lb/min of air into your engine? No idea. The real thing will, though.

prostreetdsmx1 said:
the turbo was designed by turbochargers.com they did the franks that are still used today also known as other "color" turbos and for a while they made turbos for some of the top names in the business. I don't think names need to be mentioned but they aren't exactly a fly by night organization.
Are you trying to imply that Turbochargers.com made the "red" and "green" and then FP copied them? That might be the most ignorant thing I have ever heard....and from a vendor to boot! Next thing ya know the inventor of the Mutt is gonna be selling a new "super turbo" again...oh wait that already is happening.

jmakado said:
Are you trying to imply that Turbochargers.com made the "red" and "green" and then FP copied them? That might be the most ignorant thing I have ever heard....and from a vendor to boot! Next thing ya know the inventor of the Mutt is gonna be selling a new "super turbo" again...oh wait that already is happening.

i am not saying that TC.com made the "green" or the "red"

prostreetdsmx1 said:
i didn't say that.
Please explain what you ment when you said that "turbochargers.com invented the frank that others now sell as "color" turbos" Tell me what other companies sell "color" turbos other than FP. I am at the end of my wits with people lieing about the only good vendors we have in the DSM community. It gets old seeing the flavor of the week selling untested parts that may or may not be any good because they know nothing about them. Then they get a bunch of people on tooners to buy this useless shit just like with the "mutt". It is ruining the entire DSM scene!

jmakado said:
Please explain what you ment when you said that "turbochargers.com invented the frank that others now sell as "color" turbos" Tell me what other companies sell "color" turbos other than FP. I am at the end of my wits with people lieing about the only good vendors we have in the DSM community. It gets old seeing the flavor of the week selling untested parts that may or may not be any good because they know nothing about them. Then they get a bunch of people on tooners to buy this useless shit just like with the "mutt". It is ruining the entire DSM scene!

you can e-mail me at [email protected] or PM me all you want but i am not going to play this game with you guys that always gets threads locked or closed. please feel free to contact me directly.

I am not saying anything negative about FP in anyway, i have nothing bad to say.

We haven't sold the "flavor of the week turbo" either so you have no ground to say that we are doing anything wrong.

prostreetdsmx1 said:
you can e-mail me at [email protected] or PM me all you want but i am not going to play this game with you guys that always gets threads locked or closed. please feel free to contact me directly.

I am not saying anything negative about FP in anyway, i have nothing bad to say.

We haven't sold the "flavor of the week turbo" either so you have no ground to say that we are doing anything wrong.
I didn't mean for that to turn into an attack on you or your shop. However, what you posted (which you then deleted) was misleading. Not sure if it was intentional or not? As far as turbos go: All the whoop about the bullseye housing and the v-trim is what I was refering to with "flavor of the week". I have said it before but here goes> This may be a great turbo, it may also be shit. A good vendor would test it in the field and on the dyno for some time before they sold it to the public. They have not done this. The v-trim wheel has been around for some time. Why is it that no one else sells it? So with that, I'm done ranting. I just couldn't help but see the blatant misinformation earlier in the thread and that's why I responded to it.

Then what you are saying is that this GT company makes what tc.com calls their green or red, or that it is implied when the text is written in those colors on their site. I think I got it the first time, but that doesn't convince me that this company has been making succesful DSM turbos for a long time. It still looks like they are cashing in on making knockoffs of other peoples hard work.

jmakado said:
I didn't mean for that to turn into an attack on you or your shop. However, what you posted (which you then deleted) was misleading. Not sure if it was intentional or not? As far as turbos go: All the whoop about the bullseye housing and the v-trim is what I was refering to with "flavor of the week". I have said it before but here goes> This may be a great turbo, it may also be shit. A good vendor would test it in the field and on the dyno for some time before they sold it to the public. They have not done this. The v-trim wheel has been around for some time. Why is it that no one else sells it? So with that, I'm done ranting. I just couldn't help but see the blatant misinformation earlier in the thread and that's why I responded to it.

i can understand where you are coming from and i wouldn't sell anything we haven't tried and i really liked the spool and power on the 2g i ran it on. I actually have a B-52 on it's way for me to put on my new GSX. I understand that a turbo may have been out there for a while but i don't see how that means it sucks. It works, i like the spool and feel of the turbo so much that i got one for my own car. If that doesn't say i have confidence in the product i don't know what does. also we did have a couple dyno graphs for it on various DSM's and i personally spoke to some of them and got nothing but good things back from them.

GPTourer said:
Then what you are saying is that this GT company makes what tc.com calls their green or red, or that it is implied when the text is written in those colors on their site. I think I got it the first time, but that doesn't convince me that this company has been making succesful DSM turbos for a long time. It still looks like they are cashing in on making knockoffs of other peoples hard work.

they did create the frank turbos and those did very well a couple of years back. i know many tuners built very fast cars using them, so much in fact that variations of them are still used today and still doing quite well.

I do not mean any disrespect to anyone or any vendor mentioned, no reason too.

prostreetdsmx1 said:
they did create the frank turbos and those did very well a couple of years back. i know many tuners built very fast cars using them, so much in fact that variations of them are still used today and still doing quite well.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the Franks just MHI center sections and housings with Garrett compressor wheels and TD06 turbines with some machining to fit everything together? They worked because they were based on proven components.

That hardly qualifies a company to make a new turbo, center section and wheels from scratch. At least with Garrett & MHI wheels, you know they put some R&D behind their design. That introduces some unknowns for the Evo GT, like who made the wheels? Or the center section? The center section and bearings are probably pretty straightforward for any company with the engineering capability and machining equipment to duplicate. It's the wheels I'm most interested in...as in are there any compressor maps? How would we know what the compressor's flow characteristics are? I can't imagine that the comp wheel is *exactly* the same as the MHI wheel. Of course, I'm making assumptions TC or whatever chinese firm they contracted out to, literally "reinvented the wheel", rather than using existing compressors and turbines.

Now, who's got answers?

neuro said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the Franks just MHI center sections and housings with Garrett compressor wheels and TD06 turbines with some machining to fit everything together? They worked because they were based on proven components.

That hardly qualifies a company to make a new turbo, center section and wheels from scratch. At least with Garrett & MHI wheels, you know they put some R&D behind their design. That introduces some unknowns for the Evo GT, like who made the wheels? Or the center section? The center section and bearings are probably pretty straightforward for any company with the engineering capability and machining equipment to duplicate. It's the wheels I'm most interested in...as in are there any compressor maps? How would we know what the compressor's flow characteristics are? I can't imagine that the comp wheel is *exactly* the same as the MHI wheel. Of course, I'm making assumptions TC or whatever chinese firm they contracted out to, literally "reinvented the wheel", rather than using existing compressors and turbines.

Now, who's got answers?

Well it's pretty much been assumed that it was simple reverse engineering that made the turbo. They took the specs and did what the could to match what they liked on the original and maybe change somethings they didn't.

there aren't any compressor maps or anything out there for it yet, and we don't know what the flow characteristics are. That's why i said before that we won't be selling these until we have information like that and have more mileage on the one we have running.

I'll be going with a ported and clipped Big 16g from a local guy who picked up a new project car with very low miles ;). I'm sure a vendor will be putting out the skinny on this turbo very soon, should be nice to get some answers about the inerds on this thing anyway :) .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back