The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

Evo 3 16G "GT"?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
XtReMeToYz said:
Thats funny, you did it twice. First you said it was crap politely and then proceeded to say it was just crap. I think the 40k or so DSMTuners members would like some sort of factual information to form their own opinions. Just because you deem it crap does not mean someone else doesnt want to know more about it. Thats just my .02.\

P.S.
Something to consider is the fact that everytime you make a post you make yourself more known. The way you present yourself as a company shows everyone what kind of a company you are. If your happy presenting yourself as an ass to the community I wish you the best of luck.

You see Shawn, I do not owe anyone an answer.... I did not bring that product to to the DSM market.... and what I state here are simply my opinions, which the last time I checked I have a right to.

Just because I do not want people selling a turbo as a "Evo III" turbo, which myself and my company brought here to the US a few years back, simply means what I have stated. The Evo III turbo has a fantastic name, and reputation. Why would I want something ruined because of misrepresentation of what a product happens to be?

If anyone owes you an explanation, its the people who are selling this piece of garbage (see I can use other names other than crap). If then I see something misrepresented, you can be sure I will chime in.

Yes, I am an ass when it comes to crap like this, thank you!

MGH

Look, I think its time this thread closed. The answer already poped up a couple of times. Its not a Evo III upgrade or a MHI turbo at that. You cant have everything, thats why people have to research the hell out of turbos before someone even purchases one. Bottom line is that these are not Mitsu. turbos. The are made by someone else who wants to profit off of the name and style of the original by giving it small perks like a bigger flapper and whatnot.

Its like the old Big T-28 or T-28killer. (I chose to leave the obviose vendor names out)
People will say this, people will say that. Its really your own choice in the end.

Either way some real facts need to be posted about the turbo in question before the next argumentive post is made.

siceclipse said:
Either way some real facts need to be posted about the turbo in question before the next argumentive post is made.
You forgot racist! I happen to know exactly where this turbo is made and by whom. I am requesting data from the manufacturer, as requested. Slowboy, you didn't bring the EVOIII to the market, you lie. Everybody knows tc.com did. I would LOVE for you to come up with the name of the company that makes these EVOIII GT turbos....I think I know what you are going to say, and you're WRONG-it's NOT May Industry in Ningbo, China. As I posted before, this turbo is NOT MADE IN CHINA. Please stay tuned for some facts in the near future.

T3r80

Total Posts: 4

Did you just come here looking to argue Mr. 4 posts? I'm just making this relevant since you helped the DSM community so much lately that you have 4 posts to your name and signed up monday and it's tuesday and all...

Please fill us in on the turbo's origin and I want to make sure that this post does not offend anyone personally, if so i'll apologize in advance.

Slowboy Racing and Crew, after your blantant personal attack(s) and belittling of members, one of which being my older brother I can promise you one thing. You will no longer get my business, you will no longer get his business, and you will no longer recieve many of our friends business. I have bought quite a few products from you, and you were always more then curtious to me on the phone, however after this display of professionalism, I regret giving you my money. You should take an example from ExtremePSI as a way to respond properly in a professional manner and present yourself as a positive and knowledgable DSM vendor.
No where have you substantiated your claims as to it being a bad turbo, that was built badly with less then quality materials. I have only seen in this thread links to the evoIII 16g, and how well it does on a well built motor, and a camera picture of the EVO GT turbo. That isn't exactly what I would call proof to back up your claims. Wish you guys the best of luck.
Also, please if you are going to post, read the rules
No Insults and/or name calling - this can get you banned without warning - we don't care how experienced or knowledgable you are, don't be a smart ass!
No Guesses - if you don't know, don't reply - don't spread misinformation (no "I think" or "I guess" or "I've heard").
-Dan

^^ yeah i have seen a whole new side to SBR after this thread.

Well this thread should have ended a long time ago after it was only people pretty much fighting.

It wasn't people fighting until recently. There are 3 problems with this thread that should be fixed immediately:

1) Slowboy is making a claim they expect everyone to believe, without backing it up.

2) Slowboy is name-calling and degrading people for demanding facts or disagreeing.

3) Everyone needs to stop name-calling and only bring useful information or requests for information to the table.

I've already asked to see dyno numbers on both turbos. Slowboy commented that it was the build quality of the turbos that made them "crap." So I suppose by not agreeing to a dyno-comparison, they are admitting that the Chinese Army GT turbo can produce comparable, if not better numbers. If you dyno these turbos on the same car, SBR, and the MHI EvoIII makes 357hp and the GT makes 313 hp, I think people will realize that the better turbo is the MHI EvoIII, regardless of how the "quality" of the GT seems.

Other options available to you are to compare the turbos side by side--WHY is the GT inferior? Look at physical attributes, do some research and come up with the composition and build materials, compare weights of the different components, I don't care. The more thorough you are, the better your case.

I think we all can agree that SBR has been a leader at the forefront of the MHI EvoIII 16g "era," if you will. I also think SBR knows that as DSMers, we don't just take a vendor's word for a turbo being "good" or "bad," like some Honduh guys might. We want proof on why we should spend hard-earned cash on this part to make our cars faster. I can tell you right now that seeing a 400hp dyno out of the EvoIII 16g was the deciding factor that made me put it on my car. I sold the s16g I had sitting here, and threw on an EvoIII, ported and clipped by none other than SBR.

If you want to win these customers back, you can apologize for the immature name-calling, and then prove that you were right in the first place. That will be more badass than any name-calling could be ;)
:dsm::talon::laser:

The reason we have grown to call the e316g turbo the EVO 3 16G is because thats what it is. It's a 16g type turbo that was originally built for the lancer evolution3 . Mitsubishi never ever branded that name on the turbo nor did they ever intend to use more then a part number to categorize such a oem car part.

As far as im concerned they have every right to call the their turbo the "evo3 gt" turbo because thats the name their giving it , not a cerial number but rather a specific name/badge.

In regards to how it stacks up to the oem mitsu fabricated turbo ment for the evo3 known to all of us as the e316g is the true question.

Most of us dont have any means of comparing these turbo's but these vendors do.

If they could run an engine for 1 hour at wot and see how this turbo does then we could have some level info or repeated use data logs ,airflow charts , a video of a vendor dismanteling both turbo's and comparing them side by side, these things all come into play.

My only concern is not about whether it will make more hp or not but rather the way it was designed and where corners where cut (if they were at all).

I beleive in buying the best part for the least amount of money , hence my ss autochrome manifold wich hasnt cracked on me yet , but cost half the price of a dnp.

I beleive certain products can acheive better results then their higher priced counter parts ,question is does this turbo have what it takes to make a dsmer happy or not.

All vendors have their integraty at risk hear considering the lack of concreat or substantial proof to further back up a vendors oppinions/statements. I have and will continue to buy certain products from certain vendors because I only need comon sense to determin whether specific parts will yeild an over all better performance over their oem counter parts.

As for specific parts like a suspension system or a built engine or engine parts (manifolds) I can olny say that the vendors that will recieve my hard earned money are those vendors with active first hand knowledge and experience.

In regards to these turbo's I feel sorry for whom ever is caught in the cross roads ,my only advice is to hold off and wait for specific substantial evidence to fully feel non-regretfull over any decisions wich would have been made. :(

T3r80 said:
You forgot racist! I happen to know exactly where this turbo is made and by whom. I am requesting data from the manufacturer, as requested. Slowboy, you didn't bring the EVOIII to the market, you lie. Everybody knows tc.com did. I would LOVE for you to come up with the name of the company that makes these EVOIII GT turbos....I think I know what you are going to say, and you're WRONG-it's NOT May Industry in Ningbo, China. As I posted before, this turbo is NOT MADE IN CHINA. Please stay tuned for some facts in the near future.

I gave T.com the PN for this turbo over two years ago... please get your facts straight...

I am not going to argue with a guy who has had 4 post on DSM tuners :)

LOL

MGH

PS... Never heard of May Industry.

Dsmshopping said:
Slowboy Racing and Crew, after your blantant personal attack(s) and belittling of members, one of which being my older brother I can promise you one thing. You will no longer get my business, you will no longer get his business, and you will no longer recieve many of our friends business. I have bought quite a few products from you, and you were always more then curtious to me on the phone, however after this display of professionalism, I regret giving you my money. You should take an example from ExtremePSI as a way to respond properly in a professional manner and present yourself as a positive and knowledgable DSM vendor.
No where have you substantiated your claims as to it being a bad turbo, that was built badly with less then quality materials. I have only seen in this thread links to the evoIII 16g, and how well it does on a well built motor, and a camera picture of the EVO GT turbo. That isn't exactly what I would call proof to back up your claims. Wish you guys the best of luck.
Also, please if you are going to post, read the rules

-Dan

No wories Dan... just buy more Evo III GT's.... the world will be a better place and we will all sell more of the "real evo III 16g's" in the near future.

Why should I be positive about a turbo that is such junk? I have nothing positive to say about it, should I sugar coat it for you?

MGH

joemathews said:
It wasn't people fighting until recently. There are 3 problems with this thread that should be fixed immediately:

1) Slowboy is making a claim they expect everyone to believe, without backing it up.

2) Slowboy is name-calling and degrading people for demanding facts or disagreeing.

3) Everyone needs to stop name-calling and only bring useful information or requests for information to the table.

I've already asked to see dyno numbers on both turbos. Slowboy commented that it was the build quality of the turbos that made them "crap." So I suppose by not agreeing to a dyno-comparison, they are admitting that the Chinese Army GT turbo can produce comparable, if not better numbers. If you dyno these turbos on the same car, SBR, and the MHI EvoIII makes 357hp and the GT makes 313 hp, I think people will realize that the better turbo is the MHI EvoIII, regardless of how the "quality" of the GT seems.

Other options available to you are to compare the turbos side by side--WHY is the GT inferior? Look at physical attributes, do some research and come up with the composition and build materials, compare weights of the different components, I don't care. The more thorough you are, the better your case.

I think we all can agree that SBR has been a leader at the forefront of the MHI EvoIII 16g "era," if you will. I also think SBR knows that as DSMers, we don't just take a vendor's word for a turbo being "good" or "bad," like some Honduh guys might. We want proof on why we should spend hard-earned cash on this part to make our cars faster. I can tell you right now that seeing a 400hp dyno out of the EvoIII 16g was the deciding factor that made me put it on my car. I sold the s16g I had sitting here, and threw on an EvoIII, ported and clipped by none other than SBR.

If you want to win these customers back, you can apologize for the immature name-calling, and then prove that you were right in the first place. That will be more badass than any name-calling could be ;)
:dsm::talon::laser:

Here is my qoute from China on prices for your beloved Evo III GT:

Dear Mike:
How are you.
The price of turbo is $218.00
This price is FOB DaLian.
Thanks!

Best Regards!
Miss Wang

Should I post more emails, what? If you guys are paying $580.00 for this turbo... your being ripped off.

I pay $470.00 for Evo III 16g's and have to buy 100 at a time for this price... direct from MHI... Anyone make any assumptions based on price?

Time will tell my friends!

MGH

Does anyone else notice that a member of Slowboy has been the poster for over 1/2 of this entire thread, each time doing nothing more than discounting a turbo THEY HAVE NO EXPERIENCE WITH?

Does this not make sense to anyone else?

I have never witnessed a vendor so blindly judge a product that is not even their own, and they have never run. Could it be that they are pissing the bed because these GT turbos are just as good or better and will be sold for substantially less money? OMG

Man my head hurts from all that reading someone put this thread to rest for once and for all.

Chirs

As a consumer, I wouldn't throw my money towards that blatant copy of a MHI turbo. Buying from them rewards guys that couldn't even come up with an original idea. Not to mention directly STEALING the MHI design. Man, they couldn't even come up with an original name, had to steal that from Mitsubishi as well. I'll give my hard earned cash to manufacturers that put the time and effort into research and development.

coltboostin said:
Does anyone else notice that a member of Slowboy has been the poster for over 1/2 of this entire thread, each time doing nothing more than discounting a turbo THEY HAVE NO EXPERIENCE WITH?

I have never witnessed a vendor so blindly judge a product that is not even their own, and they have never run. Could it be that they are pissing the bed because these GT turbos are just as good or better and will be sold for substantially less money? OMG

We have had one before.. we originally looked at having them made .... And it wasnt pretty (so yes we do have experience with it :thumb: ) I even posted earlier we will probably offer this turbo, just advertising it for what it is.. so why would i be fearful of a good selling product??? i still will be making money on it right??? You guys kill me.. Half of you have only seen pics of this turbo yet are commenting in its construction.. who is the one blindly making statements.. ?? so for the record..(thanks to Speed Factor) later this week we will be measuring differences between the two turbos, analyzing composition of materials and actually dynoing one on our shop car.. Even though we don’t really care to, we will post the results for everyone to make them happy.....

any questions email me

Thanks
Mark
SBR

I agree with a lot of whats being said about the conduct here but,

I still think we're being a little hard on SBR... I mean they have the turbo. They are in the buisness, and I think its fine if he says its crap. We know hes a vendor, so obviously hes biased at least a little no matter what, but he can sure state his opinion and I would like to know it.

Thats not a problem because you certainly dont need to do whatever he says, right?

If your thinking of not buying from them because of this, well, you need to relax.

-Jerad :dsm:

coltboostin said:

O.K.

For the last time... I do have experience with this turbo, I am the one that sent the original sample to be made!

Dear Mike;
Thanks for your reply.
If the sample coming, I will let you know.
Thanks

Christina

Mike Huml <[email protected]> wrote:

----- Original Message -----
To: Mike Huml
Sent: Tuesday, August 24, 2004 4:49 PM
Subject: Fw: UPS 1Z9Y7889D348153603

Turbo Sample tracking number
Curt

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ÔËÊäÖÁ£º
Christina
Hue Bian
No. 233-1 ShiQiao Road
FengCheng City
CN
°ü¹üÊýÁ¿£º 1
UPS ·þÎñ£º EXPRESS
ÖØÁ¿£º 17.0 LBS

°ü¹ü×·×Ù±àºÅ£º 1Z9Y7889D348153603
·¢Æ±±àºÅ£º Sample

µ¥»÷´Ë´¦ÒÔ×·×Ù UPS ÊÇ·ñÒѾ#½ÓÊÕµ½ÄúµÄ»õ¼þ»òÕßÔÚÒòÌØÍøÉÏ·ÃÎÊ
http://www.ups.com/WebTracking/track?loc=zh_CN¡£

As I said on the first page, we got a sample back, it was so bad we DID NOT PURSUE bringing the piece to market. It was a business decision I made not to offer this, even if we could sell it for under $500.00 because I did not want the warranty issues. Now, since we did not bring the product to the USA... they had 100 pieces already made, and ready to ship... Is any of this making sense?

So, how blind am I?

MGH

Once again, I cant believe this thread is still open. We know its a no-name turbo that is barrowing the EvoIII 16g housing, style and name. If you wanna talk about what #'s it puts down or what its made of, a new thread should be started.

I closed this once and re-opened to get some info about it in the open.

I thinks that's been done and this thread has gotten less than civil again.

Now I'm locking for good. People have seen enough posts in this thread to guage whether they feel comfortable buying the turbo or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back