The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

SOOOO Close ... 14b 11.000

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

i hope you keep the 14b on, but do what uou must

that weight is lightest ive ever heard of, by a lot

Don't give up now, brother. Fix the nuances, and come back. If you drop that 60' by one tenth, or even two, you'd have your 10's by far. You're already there, man, don't give up. Take a break, put the car down, fix all the little issues and come back. It takes like 15 minutes to swap turbos, at least run it once with the 14B with all the issues fixed.

I'll run it again on the 14b, I just need a break to collect my thoughts and remember that this is for fun! Perhaps I'll feel like I'm ready again after fixing the issues this winter. Perhaps I'll throw the 16g on, run some 10's and that'll motivate me to try again on the 14b. If I remember correctly Dave Womer did something similar back in the day when he was running the 14b, gave him the motivation to come back and run his best time. Phil Beers took several YEARS off and came back. I'm not giving up, just refueling the passion.

Oh I would say it was "time" to throw the 16g on a couple of seconds back LOL. You're beating that 14b like... well lets not go there.

I look forward to seeing what you do next year with what I will assume will be a more healthy engine and a Evo III 16g.

You better not be giving up, or I'll tell Loki you're cheating on him.

Way to let the cat out of the bag CrackedDSM...

Last edited:
i hope you keep the 14b on, but do what uou must

that weight is lightest ive ever heard of, by a lot

There are lighter dsms out there, but they like to keep secrets. I fully believe you could shed another 100 lbs if you had the cash to spend, probably more. I've always believed that anything I can share to help others out is a positive for the community. I like having a "record" as some might call it, but at the end of the day it's awfully arbitrary so why not help others out with any info gained? It's not like I'm competitively racing it.

Figure out the issues and then go back after 1) a big shit, 2) wearing as little as possible, given all the comments here and boom 10.99, plus your new mph shows it's right there.

Get your 10.99 then move on to whatever you want. Forever you will be able to say you did a 10 on a 14b and go down in history.

All the best to you, thank you for sharing.

Ya mines 2055lbs with me and it still has the stock front glass :p

Well I hope to see your car out soon on the 14b. Sometimes it does take a recoop. I had my ups and downs getting my car to where it is now. Hell I had the maid throw away my 10.65 time slips. Nothing more frustrating than that. Good thing I got video that day.

Congrats!

You running a 5 spd or auto?

Running a 5 spd, gotta row them gears! There are three possible test n tune nights left and two are right out no go, the third is calling for rain. So, either way this is it for the year from what I can see. Going to work on the issues, who knows maybe I'll leave the lil turbo that could on there to start next year.

Amazing results. Post some pics!

Slap a bep hx35 on there and that thing would fly!!

I don't blame you at all for wanting to switch. I know the feeling the trying to push a turbo as far as you can go with it. It takes a lot of patience.
2012 I went 11.14@129 on my current turbo setup. Lots and lots of work later 11.0@[EMAIL='11.0@137']137(2013[/EMAIL]), and [EMAIL]10.77@129(2015)[/EMAIL] LOL. I know there's more left it in, but I'm just ready to try something new, and I am. It's been tough the last year or 2 knowing I could buy a cheap header and a 6262/35R/S362 and pick up an easy 50+whp.

But you don't learn anything that way. I didn't find many things that made my car faster, but I found a lot that didn't matter.

Well, I'm going to go ahead and revive this! It's been just over a year since the last post!! I know you still have a little more left in the little 14b, Shane!. A tubular k-member and drag front/rear brakes takes off 100lb, and gives you less parasitic drag!! However, you gotta pay to play for those upgrades! Hope to see you give her a few more chances (if it takes that many) to get her squared away and put her in the 10s with the 14b!!!

My last car didn't hit 11s...however, it hit 12.01, 12.03 and 12.04...fwd with only about 200lb weight reduction, stock intercooler/intake setup, exhaust mods, clutch, link v3. It was tuned with C16 fuel @ 22psi.

On this last go around I was finding the best results at about 24 psi. Any higher was losing power.

I'm re-motivated for this year, especially since I have an Evo III 16g to strap on at some point. Gotta hit the 10 to earn the right to put it on! It'll lose a touch more weight but the pay to play stuff definitely has to wait. I've done a few things such as have the injectors cleaned already, added a better O2 housing finally (STM), and had the head re-worked which actually had two valves that were slightly bent explaining the low compression numbers. Hopefully I can re-create some of those low 1.4 60's and take this thing into the 10's!

Track opens tomorrow but I work. Couple very minor things to get ready but otherwise the car is good to go. Should be an update in a few weeks. Going to take it easy starting out, low boost and low timing to get it dialed back in. It'll depend on how many runs I get how far it gets pushed on the first outing.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back