The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G Soooo close hy35 [email protected]

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Love it! :thumb:

Great numbers. More details on the set up if you don't mind. Like when it spools and how much boost? Engine mods other then the once in the profile. I am currently trying to set up hy35 on my car so I am interested as their are not many hy35 set ups. Actually I am collecting parts.

Great numbers. More details on the set up if you don't mind. Like when it spools and how much boost? Engine mods other then the once in the profile. I am currently trying to set up hy35 on my car so I am interested as their are not many hy35 set ups. Actually I am collecting parts.
Its still a stock motor except for cams, head studs, 3g lifters, and BC valve springs. That run was running right at 30psi. Spool time is kinda hard to tell with an auto as far as rpm. If I had to guess I would say in the high 4000's. i just put this setup on this winter so really haven't driven it a whole lot. I went from a 6 blade hx40 with a .63 precision turbine housing and a PR manifold with bigger runners to this setup and its WHOLE lot more responsive. can get up on the converter way easier.:thumb:

What happened on the back half? Did it pick up knock or something and pull timing? I'd expect that setup to pick up more than 22mph out the back.

No pulled timing or nothing. I’m not sure? I didn’t think it was that bad. Lol

Just used to seeing similar sized turbo cars pick up 25mph or so on the back. Granted your an auto not a stick car so it may be the converter slipping up top ‍♂️ stock converter in the car?

I'm running a hy35 in a 5 speed car best so far is 8.37 1/8th at 86mph this is at 20 lbs and 16 degrees of timing when I shift it goes down to 4k rpm and is right back at 20 lbs. Good turbo for 150 bucks. I'm thinking pretty hard about an auto swap.

Are you using nitrous to launch the car?

What happened on the back half? Did it pick up knock or something and pull timing? I'd expect that setup to pick up more than 22mph out the back.

I thought the same thing until I read it was an auto. I went 11.04@ 126 with my old Hx35.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back