The Central Hub for DSM Community and Information

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. This is where the DSM platform history is documented and archived. Log in to help us in our mission, and to remove most ads from the browsing experience.

So what are you working on that’s NOT your DSM?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just about finished my 1974 Glasspar G3.

I 100% understand the "Just about finished" part of your message!!

Redid the trailer bunks.

I looked all over the internet and nobody specifically says you can do this.
You saw it here. Nobody died.
Worked great actually. :)

You must be logged in to view this image or video.
 

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Where around the Springs can you use it?
Steve, and all others who read this, hate to burst in to a thread but i just gotta tell a wiseman this.. ever since i got the GST up and running well, i noticed that it gets ALLOT of respect from future victims.. you know, Camaros, mustangs, vettes, Honda SI.. always get a thumbs up but very few actually line up for the 1320.. kinda neat..!!!! But mass respect for the DSM..!! Ok, I’m outta here
 
I looked all over the internet and nobody specifically says you can do this.
You saw it here. Nobody died.
Worked great actually. :)
I assume you mean putting the boat on the two post lift. Is there a way to lock the arms from moving?
 
I assume you mean putting the boat on the two post lift. Is there a way to lock the arms from moving?
The arms have built in locks

You must be logged in to view this image or video.
 

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Is there a way to lock the arms from moving?

Your concern was also one I shared; I added a couple of "safety ratchet straps" which are identical to normal ratchet straps.
I just used them to pull the arms in towards themselves even though the arm position does lock after it is lifted up.
 
I 100% understand the "Just about finished" part of your message!!

Redid the trailer bunks.

I looked all over the internet and nobody specifically says you can do this.
You saw it here. Nobody died.
Worked great actually.
I 100% understand the "Just about finished" part of your message!!

Redid the trailer bunks.

I looked all over the internet and nobody specifically says you can do this.
You saw it here. Nobody died.
Worked great actually. :)

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.
 

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Due to @pauleyman pet peeve for kinked aftermarket coolant hoses this week, I could no longer see past the hose on the Prelude that i did earlier this year and didnt trim. Which was due to sheer laziness because i already filled it before i noticed it and didnt want to redo it since it wasnt causing overheating issues...So i took 10min this morning and fixed it. There is one less pet peeveable car on the road. 😌

You must be logged in to view this image or video.
 

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Replaced the clock spring on my mom's '09 Nissan Versa because of air bag lights and no horn. One of the easier jobs ive done on this vehicle because usually working on a Nissan makes me want to find the nearest cliff and set it free.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Only real issue was trying to figure out the bottom air bag clip because its almost impossible to get an idea of the way it works from looking through a small sliver of access. Took about 45 min. No more air bag light and the horn works. Grabbed a pizza after I was done 🤩
You must be logged in to view this image or video.
 

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
No video or pictures. It looks like I will be changing engines in the sleeper 86 Z28. My son went out to look at his Holley EFI tune and the motor had ZERO oil pressure. We have had a super weird issue with this so I post about it now and then. The plan is to have the auto built to handle my spare 400 SBC and then change engines. One snag is the long tube headers on this chassis and they don't leave much room for sparkplug wires to fit and not burn thru but we WILL get thru this. My son and I both planned to attend the local car show but I guess its a good thing we didn't head that way.
Stay "Tuned".
EDIT: Let me leave this on some kind of POSITIVE note. The GVR4 that I have been working on for the 18 yr old young man, NOW RUNS AND IS DRIVING AS OF ABOUT 10 MINUTES AGO :hellyeah:
 
Last edited:
I’ve probably posted this old Topgun pilots roadster before. Mike is a genuine car guy. Recently had a stroke a couple years ago so he can’t work on his own stuff so we gladly do. The LF caliper was missing bushings and it warped the rotor so we did front bearings and brakes today while he sat next to my boss and watched. This man also had an altered drag car on alcohol that he raced for years at his age so super cool. Even after all of that he will put on some gloves and a hat and drive this thing in the winter here so the passion never left him.
Second is probably the highest mileage SVT Lightning in existence that a customers father-in-law gave his wife when he passed. I really want to go through it and bring it back to “driver spec” but we all know how quickly that adds up.
Third is a Navy guys 96 GTO. Super clean interior but the underside of those JDM cars is great. Lots of rust and 30 year old issues including the crazy looking evaporator and numerous ac leaks. Charged it and had 50 degrees out of the dash. Next morning nothing. Ac manifold leak, line leaks, evaporator leaks. That also adds up fast but I’ve been around this crowd for awhile. It’s a looks good car that runs and drives but has holes in the floor where I can poke carpet. It is what it is. Then a customers daughters 6G Spyder GT. Long crank in the morning and a new fuel pump assy fixed that.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.


You must be logged in to view this image or video.


You must be logged in to view this image or video.


You must be logged in to view this image or video.
 

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Some work I've been doing on our property over the past year....

We have something called "water rights" with our property - essentially, it's recycled irrigation water that the county runs through the local canal system for ranches and farming in rural areas. We have that water running into our property. I call it "ditch water" - it's dirty water with mud and debris in it. The pipe inlet in the canal where our ditch water is sourced from gets clogged almost weekly, which means someone in our neighborhood has to go up a steep hill to clean it. Most of us in our neighborhood use this water for our irrigation/landscaping. My well doesn't have the volume to be used for irrigation - ask me how I know.

Since we've lived on this property over the last 5+ years, I've installed sprinklers and a new filter for that water, which would get clogged daily in the summer months, which means the water pressure for the sprinklers is never consistent, which leads to dead grass and plants in the 90-100 degree summer months. I then did some re-piping and used well water for the drip system for the trees and shrubs to avoid the dirty water clogging the drip lines, and then quickly found out our well cannot support that. 😑

My latest project involved installing a 1.5 HP pump to pull water from our pond to use for all the irrigation, and just running the ditch water straight into the pond without a filter to keep the water level up. It forced me to re-pipe a good amount of my existing sprinkler pipe work and I changed all the above ground anti-siphon valves to in-ground inline valves. I did most of that over the winter, which made digging trenches "easier", though still exhausting. I also had to run a 240v circuit to the pump and a relay for the timer to kick the pump on when the zones start.

It actually worked out very well. I'm finally getting a steady 45-50 psi running to all sprinkler zones and I haven't had to clean out the disc filter yet, and it's been running a few weeks now. The grass is staying green so far with the heat rolling in. If anyone wants any insight into irrigating your property using pond or lake water, just ask me, I'm a pro now. 😄

You must be logged in to view this image or video.


The next project I'm trying to finish up is a propane firepit. I've got it built, I just need to add the Quikwall coating and then finish the plumbing. I'll be using two 40 lb tanks placed just outside the firepit area, which I'll be filling with gravel after I finish the coating.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.


I have to order several yards of crushed rock, pea gravel, and bark, and then get it all put in place by next month. Hoping to borrow a tractor to do most of that, as all the shoveling I've been doing has made my back not so happy.

It's been a ton of work, but I have to get it done soon, as my mother in law is getting married on our property the last week of August, so I need to have all everything looking nice by then. So much work to do, so little time, and funds are in short supply lately, which makes it really challenging - forcing me to do all the work myself and do side jobs to cover the cost of the materials. If anyone knows of any businesses that need a website rebuilt, upgraded, or modified, send them my way! I've started taking on new clients again.

I've been pretty overwhelmed lately with all the work, but hey, that's just life. I'll rest when I die.
Figured I should post an update now that the wedding is over. You can see what I was able to get done, and some of the stuff I didn't.

Midway through:
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.



You must be logged in to view this image or video.



Finished for the wedding:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.



You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.



I didn't get anything planted before the wedding like I thought I would. But I got all the bark, rock, and pea gravel done, along with the firepit and stairs up to the patio with railing. Way more work than I had anticipated, for sure. So glad I was able to borrow a tractor to get the material moved around.

Now I have to do some extra work to pay off some of the debt incurred from the project, since it went over budget. 😬 Wish I would have done all this 5 years ago before prices for everything shot up.
 

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
So back to my old subaru outback. Its been sitting. Leaks coolant. Anybody got tips or tricks on an ej motor to determine if its upper orings or head gaskets? Cant tell which. Coolant pressure check immediately spits coolant outside i just cant tell where. Maybe i should just yank the motor no matter what
 
So back to my old subaru outback. Its been sitting. Leaks coolant. Anybody got tips or tricks on an ej motor to determine if its upper orings or head gaskets? Cant tell which. Coolant pressure check immediately spits coolant outside i just cant tell where. Maybe i should just yank the motor no matter what
What's the long term plan for it?
 
What's the long term plan for it?
Its a beater/extra car. I dont mind putting a little money in it because the interior is pretty nice. No rips and dash is good too. Exterior is meh but I dont really care. A to B extra car with added go anywhere bonus.
 
Its a beater/extra car. I dont mind putting a little money in it because the interior is pretty nice. No rips and dash is good too. Exterior is meh but I dont really care. A to B extra car with added go anywhere bonus.
If you're gonna keep it, why not pull the motor and do a mini rebuild to replace seals, gaskets and other common wear parts? Those things should run for a long time.
 
F’ing stairs. Because my homeowners is threatening to drop me because I didn’t have handrails. House was built in 1911. I have a picture of it from 1922… no handrails. I know, petty. I know I’d have to do it if I ever sell it. I also planned on going out the front door toes up and let my kids or wife worry about it.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.


You must be logged in to view this image or video.
 

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
If you're gonna keep it, why not pull the motor and do a mini rebuild to replace seals, gaskets and other common wear parts? Those things should run for a long time.
Why you gotta be so damn reasonable?
 
Headgasket issues aren't as common on the non turbo models. But maybe pressure wash the engine especially cylinder heads and then add some dye to the system before the next pressure test so you can get a better idea.
 
Been Building a PC. Repping 'MERICA
You must be logged in to view this image or video.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.
 

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
She always complained that I'm not grown-up enough or something.....I don't know I wasn't paying attention. Now that this 40 year old boy is divorced, I can finally continue doing what made sense to me 20 years ago.

Pulled the plug on one of my WRXs. Time to give old red a beating heart again.

It's been so long .......

Finally got my DSM to run, this is projected to start driving by the year 2028.. need to measure and weld a subframe. Thinking of using a 97 boxster manual trans, for this, just gonna figure out how to adopt it to EJ, and the starter location. I know I can use this AWD trans to run rear wheels, since this is mid engine. But I'm not sure how much torque it can handle like that

You must be logged in to view this image or video.


You must be logged in to view this image or video.


You must be logged in to view this image or video.


You must be logged in to view this image or video.
 

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Add Value - Be Respectful - No Trolling - No Misinformation - Participate Often!
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community

Latest Classifieds

  • For sale 2g 2g AWD auto trans case
    2g AWD auto trans case. No broken bolts or stripped threads. Bead blasted case will look new...
    • Galant665
    • Updated:
  • For sale 2g 2g GST auto trans case
    2g auto trans case. With bearing plate and end case covers. Good condition. Trans was like...
    • Galant665
    • Updated:
  • Wanted 2g 2g radiator support
    Im looking for a radiator support if anyone has one
    • Fundsm
    • Updated:
    • Expires
  • For sale 4G63 3 inch Magnaflow SS high flow cat. CA approved.
    3 inch Magnaflow stainless cat. High flow. 18.25 inches. Flange holes are 4 1/8 center. Has...
    • Galant665
    • Updated:
  • For sale 4G63 Race parts.
    Brand new seal in box Kigglys HLA 175$Kigglys 12 tooth billet crankshaft triggel setup 250$...
    • GST2012GSX
    • Updated:
    • Expires
Back
Top