The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Screwed up ECU with wideband install?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Devilsfutbol17

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 27, 2007
Bellingham, Washington
I can't get my PLX SM-AFR wideband reading in link to match my gauge. It is usually .3 AFR higher in link. At idle the gauge hovers 14.7, so I trust it. I hooked up a buffer circuit and it didn't help, but I may have done more damage than good. I wired it up wrong and connected the PLX module12V power ground wire to the sensor side ground of the buffer circuit. The ground on the ECU side of the buffer circuit was connected to the ground bolt used to hold the ecu in place(GVR4 setup, not sure if its the same on the dsm).

I'm using the EGR pin to log the wideband.

Thanks.

May have fried the sensor ground lead on your ECU. Go to ECMTuning's website and there's a thing on where to look.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back