The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Push Button Start (merged 11.07)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Props for designing it all yourself. There's actually a full kit for around $200 (IIRC) for RFID door unlock and push button start, but it's just proximity based. I like how yours requires you to know where to swipe the cards.

Did you interface the rfid readers with an Arduino board or anything? Or was it just the readers and relays?

rfid kits are really cheap.. like 30$.. you have to get relays in them to keep them consistant. I had one in my stunt motorcycle.. so if i ever bailed the minute it got further then 30ft it would shut down.. and i could just hop on it and hit the start button.

One more question, did you leave your door tumber/key locking apparatus in place?
If not, what will you do if your battery dies?

If the battery dies, he'll need a boost and then the push-button start will work anyway, unless you need to re-program it again - that would suck.

If the battery dies, he'll need a boost and then the push-button start will work anyway, unless you need to re-program it again - that would suck.

Haha! I don't need a boost I have 2 Optima batteries. One is a yellow top deep cycle battery. This is my main battery so I can listen to my stereo until my battery is almost dead. When I turn the key to the ignition position a GIANT relay links the yellow top to a red top. Once the car is started it recharges both batteries. If the yellow top dies completely I have a switch that will manually activate the giant relay.

the only programing if for the rfid this is saved in an eprom. it will not lose codes when powered down

the controls for the button colors are done with transistors and resistors so there is no code to be lost for them

----------------------------------I HATE YOU AUTO MERGE---------------------------------------------------------

ok ok ok i will do a write up for you guys on the basics of push button start.
it may take a month or two but i promise i will squeeze it in between work college tuning my car and doing my buddies h22 swap (bad mistake I hate hondas) it will be in four write ups
#1 how to disable your steering wheel lock
#2 how to build a relay and fuse box and connect it to ignition harness
#3 basic push button start
#4 how to make things work on rfid (simple rfid unit pre programed)
and possibly if i get enough time
#5 how to build a smart switch controller

in the mean time i will post some logs and get some help

Last edited:
Very Awesome, fun, looks great and was pretty cheap....now if I could only get you to make me a women then I would be set.

That's pretty cool, any plans for a custom instrument panel?

honestly, this is pretty inspiring. I totally want to do this to my gsx now :)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back