The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

Push Button Start (merged 11.07)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Someone ate there Kudos bar! Creativity at its finest! Pretty soon everyone is gonna have thier Key Fob to open up thier cars, then the locks on there house, haha damn. You just gave me an idea.

ha ha funny you say that my grage door works off one that is located under the vinyl siding and I have one on my roll around tool box.

I have every thing to do in rifd injection under my skin the chip is so small you can just barely see it. but I am not going to do it. I will never do it.

I thought it would be cool if I had a hidden button to start my car......

That is great. You should build pre-organized kits with a universal instruction guide "for off-road purposes only, and not intended for use on cars" of course...

I'd buy one....Sourcing parts and things is hard while life is moving at a million miles per hour...

ha ha funny you say that my grage door works off one that is located under the vinyl siding and I have one on my roll around tool box.

I have every thing to do in rifd injection under my skin the chip is so small you can just barely see it. but I am not going to do it. I will never do it.

...it be pretty badass if they made a ring with one in it, id rock that

That is awesome work! I seriously want this in my car now....

Absolutely amazing. Now for the write up...

Alright first off, push button start is my last resort, Something is up, my starter is new, I try to crank and nothing but a click. I pop the clutch and it works fine. Im tired of messing with it, as Ive seen a few others are too. I have tried to read as much as possible but I still don't get it. How do I bypass all this and have a push button start. Simple and cheap as possible, pix would be awesome. I literally have a few extra fuse's alot of wire and the button... any thing helps, if you can break it down barney style that would be great, thnx for reading

Check the connection from your battery to the starter motor. The click sounds like the solenoid is extending the pinion gear to the ring gear but power isn't flowing through the motor to twist it.

looking at the starter from the battery side, is the connecting im supoosed to check wire yellow back and red?

correction yellow and black

Well I jumped the yellow and black wire, engine clicked rapidly, alot better than the clicking noise. still no start, I dont want to jack anything up so ill wait untill I get more direction

looking at the starter from the battery side, is the connecting im supoosed to check wire yellow back and red?

correction yellow and black

Well I jumped the yellow and black wire, engine clicked rapidly, alot better than the clicking noise. still no start, I dont want to jack anything up so ill wait untill I get more direction

Did you mean it turns rapidly?. Or is just clicking rapidly.

If it just clicks and don't turn, then is your starter the once is not good.

Change it.

When you reinstalled the new starter did you replace the ground in there?
-if this is disconnected it won't start

What are the conditions of the grounds?

Do you have good tight terminals?
-the white wires on the positive must have good contact.

The jumper method..Did you run from the single male female connector on the top of the starter?
-nothing turned...bad starter.

If you do get the starter to turn over with the jumped wire, and it isn't turning from the car. It's really simple to run a push button start.

I think I used 10g wire with an in-line fuse from the battery to a push button horn from advanced auto.

From the horn switch back to the starter solenoid (using the factory female connector since I had a spare)

It cost approximately $10-15.00 and took approximately 5 minutes.

There are more expensive and complex versions for push button starters if you look around the site.
Mine is hidden and plain and simple.

Your brilliant, never thought of the horn. Yea that's exactly how I jumped it, it almost sounds like the battery doesn't have the juice, it reads 11.1 so I know it's low, thnx for the help. I checked the ground last night, I'm pretty sure it's a relay push start just seems easier and cheaper.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back