The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Push Button Start (merged 11.07)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Instance

Probationary Member
Mar 11, 2003
CaliforniaUS
Anyhow, has anyone installed one?? Just curious about difficulty, what to look out for, looks easy enough. I know, its kinda rice'ish......but I'll be fabricating a spot in the ashtray, so its not visible rice. :) :)

cool, yeah I want to have to put the key in. I want a little safety. :) Ebay sells it also. Was wondering if anyone has done it. Thanks anyhow.

If you still need the key whats the point? Am I missing something or isn't that just exerting extra energy to start your car? How would you turn your car off if you wanted to use a REAL push-button start?

im sorry but i agree that push button is bs.. u are already in the car .. i mean for example:

you get in your car push the button then take your keys out then turn the key.. ok what was the point of pushin that button again.. your just adding another step to rice heaven..

i could understand remote start if u wanted to warm you car before u get in it.. but push button is pointless.. is my point made??

Interesting fellas. Thanks for the opinions, but I thought I was asking for advice from anyone who had installed one. Yes, it serves NO function, I am sure not everyone on here has an add-on to their car that has a performance function. Its just alittle something I'd like to install. Its kinda like indiglo gauges, it serves no function.........its alittle rice, but the owner likes it. To each his own.

oh, this is the NONPERFORMACE mod people. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

God help me if I want to change my shift knob or add pedal covers or something. Jeez.......

the push button start is the same thing as a remote start it installs the same way u just gotta do alittle drilling to mount it very ez

ok, cool....thanks 420a-gs95, thats what I figured.

I guess from now on, I'll keep my thoughts of adding NON-PERFORMANCE/RICE mods to myslef. :)

how does a remote starter work with a manual. don't you have to press the clutch to start it.

Originally posted by eclipse13
how does a remote starter work with a manual. don't you have to press the clutch to start it.

I've seen some where you have to have the e-brake off for the starter to be active.

Originally posted by eclipse13

and what about if you live on a block where there is an incline..some people leave the car in gear to be extra safe..i guess remote start doesnt come in handy...

One of my relatives has a Malibu LS with remote startup, maybe you could get that installed.

I installed remote start into my car the proper way. Only works when in neutral, and only works when e-brake is engaged. I don't think ya'll know about radio shack.

http://www.dsmtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=77990&highlight=safely+remote+start

It's so convient for cold mornings (run the heater), and hot summers (run the a/c), and for warming up your car before you jump on the gas. Also, most systems feature an idle down mode, which allows you to go into a gas station or so and keep your car warm. People can't drive it without the keys, steering wheel won't turn, a fault in the alarm will send the siren off, page, and turn off the car, also the brake shuts off the car without the key in it.

It's perfectly safe when installed properly.

ive searched but i was wondering if anybody new how to make a push button start. i also want to install a kill switch at the same time. i imagine i just need to know where the wires are located that control the ignition signal for the starter and a wire to just turn off the ecu. i got switches and stuff layin around and ive messed with my 2g electrical system and it hasnt caught fire yet so give me some tips if you got em. also note that i dont have any money for my performance mods i want to do so although this is rice i just like to mess with my car to make it my own. 2G gsx

i wanted to do it myself with out the use of the kit i figured the kit was just a button and a couple of wire ties and some simple universal instructions, but maybe im wrong and would actually need the thing but i dont think i want to spend any money on rice

go to autozone...look in the switch section..they have the exact s2000 PBS

i took a momentary push button switch from radio shack and used it to bridge the starter relay wire in the ignition harness with the ignition wire. when the key is at on, you push the botton and start. cost me 3 bucks

here is what i did plus is hard to steal my car i guess.. i bought another hazard button to go where the defrost and the other hazard button is.. there is a empty place unless u have a spyder i think.. well u put the key in push the new button and there u go..

so you still have to put the key in, thus removing any and all point in putting in a push button start, if you can put the key in and turn it on you can finish by starting the car that way

i wanted to go the do it yourself way plus add a kill switch Leitnin was on the right track now if i could get some directions or help for a 2g turbo

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back