The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

Punishment racing fmic for 2g

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I wouldn't doubt you on that one. Complete bolt-on and no grinding-cutting of the frame on the car. I made a deal wit hthe old man on the tax return and im getting more than enough to buy the kit. I should be ordering it in the next 2-3 weeks for sure. Can't wait.
How are the engine temps and spool-time ? Give me some feedback.

thanks man. I definitely recommend this kit for sure. The way it mounts already beats most peoples fmic kits especially the SSAC/XSPOWER kit which I used to have.

Have you installed the front bumper yet? I would like to see how it looks with bumper on. I do not wish to see the punishment pic but rather see another persons installed. :dsm:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Do you think punishment racing would sell just the pipes, couplers and clamps, because i already have a side to side intercooler but my pipes are all jacked up. Just wondering, thanks.

Do you think punishment racing would sell just the pipes, couplers and clamps, because i already have a side to side intercooler but my pipes are all jacked up. Just wondering, thanks.

heh same here, would save me some time and money.

+1. It is included. I have this kit and am going to install it this week. It is a very nice kit and Tim has always responded to my questions and has had great customer service. I was even missing a part of the kit and before I had a chance to call to inquire, it was in my mailbox. I'll post pics and everything, starting tomorrow evening.
Does this kit actually eliminate the bumper under neath the bumper skin in order for you to mount this intercooler on the bumper stops?

Does this kit actually eliminate the bumper under neath the bumper skin in order for you to mount this intercooler on the bumper stops?

From the looks of it, it definitely does if you're referring to the 5mph crash bar.

You can get this kit off ebay for $199 plus $59 for shipping now.

Please post a link, seriously.

I found it..

eBay Motors: 95-99 Eclipse Talon 2G 4G63 Intercooler Piping BOV+J Ki (item 200299530623 end time Jan-24-09 15:30:00 PST)

now thats odd.. it is only $199 with $50 shipping..

but what is weird is, take a look closely and its not the same per-say.

the cheaper one does not have or at least advertise the key essential part, being the mounting bracket, and there are ic piping thrown in there that is universal non-beaded that they even state must be cut..

what is even more weird, in their very own ad they advertise the "true" bolt on version which links to yes, you guessed it, the more expensive cx/punishment one..

heres whats included on the cheap one

and here is the more expensive punishment racing/cxracing one

very clear on the differences, its mainly the upper ic and lower ic pipes, cheap one you will have to fabricate a few, and there is no mounting bar. very key essentials IMO, but is it worth the extra $200? most would say no..

Send them an email, maybe they include it but it's not pictured. Or you can go to home depot and make your own.

Did anyone figure out if these kits retain stock fog's? Better yet stock fog's on a 2gb talon?
What about the question on using a stock T-25 or T-28 turbo, rather than only a 16g?

My friend has the 1g kit and it seems to work pretty good, we actually just finished putting his car back together and made several pulls with it on. Although his is and older 1g kit fitment is pretty good besides a few minor modifications, but that pretty much goes had in hand with most front mounts.
Except for the fact that his bypass valve mount was "high as the space needle", which can be cut down and re-welded, although I hear they fixed this problem.
I am interested in picking up a kit, but would like to know about the turbo pipes and fog delema.

On a side note has anyone seen a kit keeping 2gb talon fog's, I have seen one with a good sized front mount with fog's, black talon, suppose to be on this site but I have not found who's car it is, i'm on page 368 in user pics....LOL, thats dedication. ROFL

With this kit, can coolant overflow reservoir be kept in the same place.

I might just get this kit, need an FMIC kit soon for my other car. I sold my SSAC kit, and VR Speed still doesnt have it in stock.

With this kit, can coolant overflow reservoir be kept in the same place.

I might just get this kit, need an FMIC kit soon for my other car. I sold my SSAC kit, and VR Speed still doesnt have it in stock.

Yes you can still retain your coolant overflow reservoir in its same place. I also wanted the vr speed fmic kit but it's not in yet, but i am going to wait it out till end of feb and see what happens.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back