The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Punishment racing fmic for 2g

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cant wait to see the numbers. I will love to show the people who spend tons of money on intercoolers. How long did it take to ship? i will order mines friday.:thumb:

The only reason i have not ordered this yet is because I want to avoid any cooling issues. Please let me know if you have any cooling issues.

The only reason i have not ordered this yet is because I want to avoid any cooling issues. Please let me know if you have any cooling issues.

This is my main concern as well. Still debating which one i want to go with. Was also debating setting up a stock evo fmic that i already have. Its down to these three for me.:hmm:

I Think i might buy this kit instead of the vrspeed.. Im only trying to make about 450 hp and i think that Huge intercoolers are unnecessary... Your front bumper is only so many inches wide and tall some guys have half of their intercoolers covered by the bumper so air doesnt even reach it.. This kit fills up the space nicely and still gives you plenty of room for your foglights and such...

Hey 90CherryBomb, you got any updates yet on how the FMIC's numbers compare? Any cooling issues?

Let us know we are eager to spend our money :D

Hey Boostedtalon2:

Looks very nice mang! I love how the endtanks peek out...its not just all core.
I have a very similar look with E.T.S's fmic. Same core width as well, but only 7" high (as opposed to 11")

I'm anticipating my power levels are gonna go WAY up (aren't we all? ;) ) And I "might" have to upgrade to a bigger core. If I do, this definately seems like a kit to consider...

I also like how the upper IC pipe goes all the way to the TB (and not just the elbow)....which brings me to this question:

Is anybody on here using this kit with a SMIM? I've got one, and just wondering what kind of modifications are required?
It'd be a shame to have to hack piping....Im wondering if PR makes a special pipe to accomodate SMIM?

I'm pretty sure if you have a SMIM you will have to hack up the pipe a little to make it work. That i know of their kit doesn't come with any alternatives for those running SMIM's.

Hey cherry get some pics posted of the kit installed. I am ordering mine today at last.

Bad news bkz, they ran out right when i was ordering :( But the good news is i am still getting as soon as they come up with more in stock.

Bad news bkz, they ran out right when i was ordering :( But the good news is i am still getting as soon as they come up with more in stock.

Glad to see you joined the Punishment Racing FMIC thread hahaha. Im almost positive im going with the PR, just let me know how it goes :cool:.

Supply and demand I suppose. Hopefully it'll be in stock once I get the refund. $251 big ones. I just have to cough up the other $120.

UUH OOH!!!!! COMPETITION..... ROUND 1... VRSPEED VS PUNISHMENT-RACING..... it seems like a few people went o the p.r. kits because vrspeed ran out of kits.... Both kits seem to come back around the same time.... Now its going to be crunch time between the businesses.. This might end up benefiting us dsm owners.....

UUH OOH!!!!! COMPETITION..... ROUND 1... VRSPEED VS PUNISHMENT-RACING..... it seems like a few people went o the p.r. kits because vrspeed ran out of kits.... Both kits seem to come back around the same time.... Now its going to be cruch time between the businesses.. This might end up benefiting us dsm owners.....

As much as i would love to believe you and as excited as that gets me, its not gonna happen... The PR kit was already "on sale" at a $30 discount. However, there is a chance that the VRSpeed kits might drop a little bit. I hope your right because i dont plan on buying one for a while. If i can pick up a quality FMIC for under $350 im going to pull the trigger FA CHO.

Sorry guys, things have been really hectic with work and such.

The fmic should be installed tomorrow, as well as the before/after dyno pulls.

Dynoing will be done by Forced Induction Motorsports, in East Hartford, CT if anyone is from or around the area. I'm guessing around 4-5pm

This thread sure is getting heated :)

mangina are you serious? I'm not going to get into the whole internet "our parts are better than their parts" bs that proves nothing and makes vendors look like squabbling schoolchildren. This usually isn't a problem on dsmtuners, vendors do not jump into threads about competing vendors parts claiming that their parts are better, cheaper, stronger etc., its unprofessional and gives the appearance of being slightly desperate.

I have at no point gotten into the thread about your kits and expect the same amount of respect from you. If you take issue with this please feel free to pm me and we can get together and discuss it further.

Tim

Yea, definitely a desperate move by Mangina. You already have your thread about "your kits" so I don't see the need to advertise your product in here. Unprofessional if you ask me but that's just my opinion.

Sorry guys, things have been really hectic with work and such.

The fmic should be installed tomorrow, as well as the before/after dyno pulls.

Dynoing will be done by Forced Induction Motorsports, in East Hartford, CT if anyone is from or around the area. I'm guessing around 4-5pm

I am looking forward to your results, let us know if you run into any cooling issues.

Tim, let us know when you have the kits back in stock!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back