The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

2G Oil pump/water pump

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bluecifer361

Proven Member
May 31, 2020
Corpus christi, Texas
I have a 2g eclipse with the 1g 4g63t swap, I wanna replace the oil pump and water pump while I have the timing belt off. Should I go with all oem parts or is it recommend to go with a high performance setup if I plan on making 600ish whp?

The oil pump is built into the front cover. I wouldn't even bother replacing it as long as you've got good oil pressure. OEM water pump should be fine. If you find you have cooling issues I would start with upgrading the radiator before the water pump. I'm not at 600hp or anywhere near that so I'm sure other guys can speak on that but I see no issues with the stock parts supporting the oiling and cooling system at that power level

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back