The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

Water pump?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

b00zt3d spyd3r

Proven Member
Feb 25, 2016
Lawton, Oklahoma
Went to start my car yesterday and noticed a small puddle of coolant under the timing side of engine. Looked around and it seems to be coming from rights in the area of water pump. I've been told multiple thingstcit ould be. I bought a timing component kit hoping tthat's he issue. What are the chances of having a cracked block? It still starts right up I just won't till I know it's fixed.

4g63t 97 spyder gst

It's likely coming from the water pump weep hole. Which would be an indication you need to swap it and your Tbelt/components.
Kinda hard to see but that's where I tracked it to. Also ordered gates timing components kit will be here Friday

Attachments

• IMG_1537.JPG
    IMG_1537.JPG
    279.9 KB · Views: 70
Unlikly its a cracked block, unless you beat it to hell and overheated it and a rod grenaded LOL it you have your doubts get one of those cooling system pressure kits and with the water pump on check it, dont apply more than whats on you radiator cap though so you dont pop anything.

Unlikly its a cracked block, unless you beat it to hell and overheated it and a rod grenaded LOL it you have your doubts get one of those cooling system pressure kits and with the water pump on check it, dont apply more than whats on you radiator cap though so you dont pop anything.
Yeah I don't beat on it at all. Almost 100% is the pump. Ordered a timing component kit will see how that goes

check the oring on the back side of the pump where the transfer tube goes into the pump, ive seen those leak and look like it was coming from the water pump itself.
but if you are doing a timing belt you should do a pump anyways.. :)

test it, guessing might not be necessary

check the oring on the back side of the pump where the transfer tube goes into the pump, ive seen those leak and look like it was coming from the water pump itself.
but if you are doing a timing belt you should do a pump anyways.. :)
Yeah got this kit hopefully this takes care of it

Attachments

• IMG_1533.PNG
    IMG_1533.PNG
    135.1 KB · Views: 75
Whoever it is please make sure they know what they are doing. Ive seen so many people including the mitsu dealer screw this job up. It is my number one pet peeve in 25 years

Whoever it is please make sure they know what they are doing. Ive seen so many people including the mitsu dealer screw this job up. It is my number one pet peeve in 25 years
He was recommended to me by a dsm buddy of mine in town. Says he wouldn't let anyone else touch his car and he's done same thing for his car

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back