The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Official: 2Gb Front bumper thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

i agree with you completely. i would love to have a wind tunnel to really play with the idea.

I would too!! There are alot of variables that affect airflow from one vehicle to the next. It would be nice to see what does what. Myth Busters used model vehicles is a tube with flowing water and food dye for some of there examples so maybe I need to find a model of a 2g and go from there.

like i mentioned the proper steps were taken with sanding and adhesion promoters opening the pores or the oem bumper to have a permanant bond.

i laid my tape and mold peices on the front, while i laid layers of bumper reinforcment tape on the backside, once i applied the 142 lord fusor, i had to work verry quick, and lay about 7 more layers of the tape. to be honest the tape is overpriced and all it is, it's Drywall tape for all means and purpose, it gives it a dense strength that the fusor would not have alone.

i then removed the mold on the front, sanded it down added anymore 142 that may need some,
sanded it and primed it.... easy as pie.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

i could have sanded and prettied the backside up... but whats the point.

I would too!! There are alot of variables that affect airflow from one vehicle to the next. It would be nice to see what does what. Myth Busters used model vehicles is a tube with flowing water and food dye for some of there examples so maybe I need to find a model of a 2g and go from there.

I've seen that episode and that was pretty kewl.

The bumpers look great guys. The tape on the front of the nascars is done for less drag but is also done for downforce. The more tape we can run on the front of the car the more downforce we get on the nose of the car.

spooln4fun. your poor bumper is hurt badly.

I've seen a silver eclipse 2g with the holes shaved and 2 air vents put to act as a grille, any of you know what i'm speaking of?
if so i'd love if he'd post up his process.

I've seen a silver eclipse 2g with the holes shaved and 2 air vents put to act as a grille, any of you know what i'm speaking of?
if so i'd love if he'd post up his process.

This is the car your speaking of I believe?

Attachments

• sametime1.jpg
    sametime1.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 282
i finished the rest of the work on the bumper that needed to be done and primed the whole thing. nothing worth taking pictures of, but it's closer, i'm still building my car, so i'm not in a rush

a lil more progress I chaned the opening by cuting it 2" higher than it was for more of a mouth opening. I've started wetsanding it here.

I'm considering adding a flat black two-tone to the mouth of this, and the center lower bar so it'll accent and flow with my wheels a lil betteer, I'm considering doing something similar to the rear bumper as well.

the hood is next. ii need a heat escape that will alo work as a good downforce for the front end. as tilting the intercooler and radiator forward and making some shrouds the front will be pushing more cold air through and i want it to push more hot air right back out where the exhaust manifold is. if done correct it should not only help with cooling but it should also help with major front end downforce. we may make our own makeshift wind tunnel with a fog machine to put this into practice.

Last edited:
unless at the last moment i decide to add something else to the bumper, i am contemplating painting it today. as i have a black jag, that i am painting a door on and might as well spray this at the same time.

i seen the stupid evo front bumper thread,,,, it's intresting how they over complicated it. if i had a grille center piece out of the evo, i'd most def remold this hole to fit it and show people what an evo and mits should look like when fused together.

Replica oem bumpers usually have a generic triangle where the emblem should be. I've never seen one that was ''flat'' .

the photos will be detailed and their will be no turbulance when finished,

as for aftermarket bumpers, suppliers such as keystone are known for having shaved emblems.

this is an arguement you cannot win,

the photos will be detailed and their will be no turbulance when finished,

as for aftermarket bumpers, suppliers such as keystone are known for having shaved emblems.

Argument? Get your head checked.

You are intimidated by my simple input.

If you wanna talk about aerodynamic there is no way you're going to create laminar flow off the front of a car or entering the front air dam. You know why there are OEM cars with hexagon grills? It's to straighten the airflow as best as possible just like the object in maf's.

no need for internet thugging,

next time read the statement for what it is, your the person who took what i said out of context. ROFL

heres what i have always considered an argument to mean....

Proof; evidence.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A reason or reasons offered in proof, to induce belief, or convince the mind; reasoning expressed in words; as, an argument about, concerning, or regarding a proposition, for or in favor of it, or against it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A process of reasoning, or a controversy made up of rational proofs; argumentation; discussion; disputation.

maybe a different word such as dispute would have been better suited for you understand my point.

no need for internet thugging,

next time read the statement for what it is, your the person who took what i said out of context. ROFL

heres what i have always considered an argument to mean....

Proof; evidence.

A reason or reasons offered in proof, to induce belief, or convince the mind; reasoning expressed in words; as, an argument about, concerning, or regarding a proposition, for or in favor of it, or against it.

A process of reasoning, or a controversy made up of rational proofs; argumentation; discussion; disputation.

maybe a different word such as dispute would have been better suited for you understand my point.

You're delusional.

You thought I was saying there was no such bumper that was completely shaved of an emblem, I just said I've never seen the aftermarket shaved bumper.

Quoted so you cannot change it.

KeeleKustome said:

Looks like you backfired on your self :shhh: ''this is argument you cannot win''

Continue with your bumper modding thread trivial things like a variation of an aftermarket bumper is not an argument.

^^^wow.....:boring:

anyways.. figure i'll post up the photos of it painted it sat in the shop for around 6 hrs before i took these so dust had already started collecting on it, I'll be color sanding and buffing it when i do the rest of the car.

There's no need to be so damned confrontational guys. Share information and debate topics without fighting please. It's not about winning arguments or being right. It's about sharing information, experiences, and knowledge so that others can improve upon their projects. Anyone who is more concerned about being right than sharing information is on the wrong site. Leave the "I know more than you" attitudes at the door please.

And just for future reference, if one wants to add material to the factory urethane bumper, what would the parts list be?

- Another factory bumper to cut up for material
- 142 Lord Fusor to bond pieces together
- ?
- ?
- ?

How did you go about enlarging the I/C opening and retaining the curve of the opening to look like stock? Cut the curved piece off and tack it back on after you enlarged the hole? Or did you fabricate your own curved lip using a similar technique as the fog light shaving?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back