The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

1gb front bumper modding project

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Did some more sanding today. Finaly down to 220 grit.
I will have to touch up on small areas with more filler. But over all its getting closer.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I have to say fantastic advertising through the bumper, but for real it looks good keep up the good work

^agreed with that, but it does look good, cant wait to see the finished product:thumb:

going to try this with mine since its a lil boogered up. ill just throw the lazer bumper on it as a temp, haha.

be a little more fab, but it would look sick with a big FMIC, like mine or the OP's.

im still stoked to see the final on this!:D

Wish my 1Gb bumper was molded like that. Very nice work and very interested in doing something like this myself, ive got the bad braces look going on and i really dont like it, or you could say stitched up mouth. (| -|-|-|-|-|-|-|- |)

Here is a link to a picture of mine right after the FMIC isntall but prior to correcectly piping and mounting it. Also running a pretty large FMIC. Dim: 32x12x3

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/207529_10100180767866815_27413713_48718961_2626364_n.jpg

Last edited:
Small update. Cut and shifted the corners of the mouth and layed a layer of fiberglass on the front. Also decided to take the non functional vents out as well as the badge location.

Unless if you were talking about the "vents"
Up where the emblem is. Then they would be completely useless no matter what. It would be impossible for them to be functional at all.

Any update?

im thoroughly impressed man, looks great, really enhances the look of the whole car, and opens up the front for a good agressive look. this is how they should have been from the factory.

i just started work on my talon, so once i fix the core support and get the motor sorted, this is on my to do list. looks great man, keep updating!

I would like to see your coolant temps from before and after if at all possible. Also i think if this provides more room you could put a nice fucntional airdam in there. I know I have a hella time cooling my 2g on the highway with the bumper and intercooler blocking the rad. Also a final thought. This reminds me of the body molding from the need for speed games like carbon where you can bring the stock body panels lower and wider. Now i get to see it in real life, this thread is word.

^ As far as your cooling issues go, you could yield large coolant temp drops if you "sealed" the back of the intercooler to the front of the radiator. You would potentially make even better gains with sealing the front bumber as well, like you stated.

Sorry for the of "topic-ness" UPDATES PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are all ready to see this thing painted and put in place!

Would be cool if it had an Evo VIII bumper touch to it and have the two vent style cutouts instead of the one big one......

I did Evo IV rallystyle to my 1G.

Travel to rallyraces latenight in remote areas w/ deer, moose,...so auxillery lighting helps me get there faster safer.

Well I thought I would update everything that's happened. My car was rear ended, shop owner tryed to play me telling me we were going to be partners if I pulled my weight. Well marketing sucsessfully and increasing the shops buisness by 60%, almost having the bumper ready for mold,and fabricating everything on the M3 race car for free.
I guess I was just being used to get his stuff finished because he's to lazy to finish anything. Needless to say we have had a falling out and he destroyed my bumper. Pretty childish if you ask me. But I will not give up and may try to make another mold when I have time. Untill then I'm starting my own buisness and am trying to finish the body work on my galant VR 4. Hope to swap everything from the talon to the gvr4 by aug after I paint it.
I hope what picks I have posted will motivate any and all interested in making a different look option to the 1g's. Really it's not that hard. Just take your time and maybe read a couple how to fiberglass books.

Wow, childish doesn't begin to describe it. I'd consider calling the police if you have any proof as that's malicious destruction of personal property. Might could get some compensation out of it if nothing else hr x hourly rate for body work ;)

P.S. I think everyones hesitation in moding the factory body is fear of cracking and what not.

Man sorry to hear about that. Just got caught up in here. Well lesson learned, on to better things all the best.

Very nice work.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back